E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Are you healthy?

07-17-2014, 01:08 PM   #111
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
I was going to say alot of the fly routines I do and flat bench have really started shaping my chest region. I am finally get some profile to my abs back, but I have been more focused on building my pecks.

I really need to put some focus into my shoulders/back. Shoulder shrugs are only doing so much.

*thanks for the tip on dip. I haven't even thought to do dips, and really haven't in forever.

Another thing that will help stimulate pec growth are chin-ups (..underhand pull-ups). Make chin-ups/pull-ups your workout finishers, and you will see an improvement in your chest and your upper back. Shoulder shrugs do nothing for me, but for others they are effective. I do better with high pulls/rows and dumbbell shoulder presses. Every body is different, so you'll have to play around with a few different exercises/gym attachments to find those that work best for your body. Lifting definitely isn't a "one exercise fits all" type of environment.....

....unless we're talking about the squat and the dead lift. Those are MUSTS!

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 07-17-2014 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #112
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Another thing that will help stimulate pec growth are chin-ups (..underhand pull-ups). Make chin-ups/pull-ups your workout finishers, and you will see an improvement in your chest and your upper back. Shoulder shrugs do nothing for me, but I for others they are effective. I do better with high pulls/rows and dumbbell shoulder presses. Every body is different, so you'll have to play around with a few different exercises/gym attachments to find those that work best for your body. Lifting definitely isn't a "one exercise fits all" type of environment.
It's a little discouraging because obviously I'm thin, so my shoulder points are prominent and it drives me up the wall. Everything else has become defined over time, and I'm at least content with it, except my boney shoulders.

It really is more one off than most people think, and it took me a while to realize that. I will start doing chin-ups and pull-ups to finish and see if that gives me some better results, because shoulder shrugs just feel like a chore with no real outcome after doing them the past 5 months.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:15 PM   #113
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
sedan clan needs to start a personal trainer thread.
+1

I have plenty of questions. We should all post pics of our torsos in the thread (in shape or not) and have him critique what we need to do to get sexy...er
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #114
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
sedan clan needs to start a personal trainer thread.
I think I may actually start one now. Gimme five minutes.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #115
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
It's a little discouraging because obviously I'm thin, so my shoulder points are prominent and it drives me up the wall. Everything else has become defined over time, and I'm at least content with it, except my boney shoulders.

It really is more one off than most people think, and it took me a while to realize that. I will start doing chin-ups and pull-ups to finish and see if that gives me some better results, because shoulder shrugs just feel like a chore with no real outcome after doing them the past 5 months.
I'm going to post this in the new thread as well....

When it comes to shoulders, I would recommend that you really hit overhead presses hard and start rowing like your life depended on it. Rows will not only have corrective postural benefits, but they will also give your shoulders depth/thickness.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 03:43 PM   #116
2012bmw7
Registered
Rep
Drives: 7 series

Speaking of being healthy, this girl is an animal! Did anyone see this on Tuesday nights show "American Ninja Warrior", she made history and she is only 5ft tall, 100lbs!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5592802.html
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #117
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012bmw7 View Post
Speaking of being healthy, this girl is an animal! Did anyone see this on Tuesday nights show "American Ninja Warrior", she made history and she is only 5ft tall, 100lbs!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5592802.html
She is impressive. Gymnasts have some of the most impressive strength-relative-to-body-size ratios. I dabble in it because of Capoeira, and it's a different kind of strength for sure.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 04:41 PM   #118
adriang
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X2

I just ate a whole watermelon, so I guess you can say I'm healthy
Appreciate 0