E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone have a gun for safety??

04-13-2008, 03:27 AM   #45
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

i carry these around with me all the time

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 07:13 AM   #46
takedown8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 BMW Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev333 View Post
Healthcare + Guns = Utopian Canada !!! LOL

Law abiding civilians in Canada have no guns. Heck if anyone wants to invade Canada, we will be defending it with hockey sticks!

For those who have presented arguments against gun control, you really don't have to. I'll never agree with you about it, and you'll never agree with me about it.

Like I said, it's one of the many reasons why I only go to the U.S. to visit and instead prefer to live in Canada and defend myself with a hockey stick! (just a plain old wooden one too!)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:08 AM   #47
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliejai View Post
anyone from jersey? i need to borrow someones gun to take care of some business!
when I'm back in NY in a few weeks, I'll meet up with you. Not far like 40 min. I'll lend u my gat, so illegal but I feel you.

rofl sry cant help
"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:22 AM   #48
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]
I have 2 books for Neurorad to read ... maybe when he is done reading these his responses about guns will be a bit more educated.

'More Guns Less Crime'
'The Bias Against Guns'

Both by John R. Lott, Jr.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:33 AM   #49
grumpybear
not afraid to call it like I see it
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rips335iCoupe View Post
I have 2 books for Neurorad to read ... maybe when he is done reading these his responses about guns will be a bit more educated.

'More Guns Less Crime'
'The Bias Against Guns'

Both by John R. Lott, Jr.
great books but most mindless sheep won't bother to read them. They will only see the light when the shit hits the fan. See below, funny stuff but too true. If you don't have the ability (or desire) to be in a position to protect yourself and your family, then you're just sheep waiting to be slaughtered.

Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 10:14 AM   #50
Mojave335i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

12 gauge shot gun. This year I had to show it to someone trying to get in my house.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 01:26 PM   #51
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris335i View Post
WTH is that? lol looks deadly!
That would be a rail gun. It's many times more deadly than any conventional gun seeing as it can fire projectiles at velocities approaching Mach 10. (Dunno how fast that specific one shoots, but the Navy is going to have a badass one on the new DDX)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 01:38 PM   #52
Ru$$ell
M0derator
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: your mom

franchi spas 12

04-13-2008, 02:07 PM   #53
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpybear View Post
all that chart told me is we need to do something about the issue of people accidently poisioning and falling and killing themselves since that happens 3X as much as firearm related homicides. We should outlaw poisions and slippery shoes and pass a law to not let people walk on ice or be more then 2 inches above the ground for any reason.

To answer to OP, yes, I carry a gun at all times and am licensed to do so in more then 30 states. The other states where I can't, fuck them I don't go there.
I think we should also point out that less than 5% of gun deaths are form accidental (I call it negligent discharges aka kids playing with dads gun). And most gun related deaths involve a crime (mostly drug related or gang related) being committed and sadly the other large section is suicide.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #54
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev333 View Post
Healthcare + Guns = Utopian Canada !!! LOL

Law abiding civilians in Canada have no guns. Heck if anyone wants to invade Canada, we will be defending it with hockey sticks!
I am sorry. I am a law abiding citizen of Canada and I do have guns. I use them for target practise.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 03:25 PM   #55
Neurorad
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Guns will never be made illegal in the U.S.

If you want to limit the 'collateral damage' done by your firearm to your and others' kids, keep it locked up.

If you want to avoid 'suicide by firearms', be it you or your kids or your wife, don't own a gun. Depression isn't something you choose. The 'gun in mouth blues' is preventable. Very easy to kill yourself with a gun, difficult other ways.

Keep your firearms locked up when you're not with them, to avoid having them stolen, and used eventually used in a crime. This is where 'illegal' guns come from (that and from gun shows - another idiotic idea).

Many people who legally own guns use them criminally, at a time of emotional weakness.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 03:29 PM   #56
im spencer
Back in the f80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Im also packing a 92FS 9mm Beretta however Im using the wood grain pistol grip. I recommend getting either a Beretta or a glock both of which are very versatile and easy handguns to maintain/use.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 03:32 PM   #57
L8Apex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ru$$ell View Post
franchi spas 12

Had one. Very heavy. Especially for wifey. Now we have:

SIG 239

Waiting for this from Ironridge:
      04-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #58
Winston Wolf
Tax Paying, Gun Toting American Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Guns don't kill people. I have never seen nor heard of a gun that pulled it's own trigger and killed someone. PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE. Guns are just currently the most convenient means of killing people. In midevil times it was the sword. But, I'm sure there weren't to many "anti-sword" types running around. Have a gun to protect yourself, but you best know how to use it and the consquences of using one against another person. I have a lot of guns. And you can bet your ass I can run every one of them (load, chamber a round, run the safety and shoot) blindfolded. Know what you are dealing with. Get a handgun for self defense, educate yourself on firearm safety, take the necessary courses for Florida and get your conceal and carry license. I have the Florida permit to carry, and I don't even live there......

That Keltec P3AT is nice and small, easy to use with no external safety. I run one sometimes.

Glocks are probably the easiest to use, reliable and tough.

Good luck with protecting yourself and your family; it's your right as an American.

Your welcome.