E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health question

04-11-2008, 09:21 AM   #23
stumpy221
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi sedan

Get a second opinion. Colonoscopy should be done. My friends sis had the same problem, It ended up being the "worse case scenario" Stage 4 colon cancer. I'm no doctor nor do i intend to scare you, just make sure you get a second opinion.
Get out and drive
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 09:47 AM   #24
CRZ410S
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i Vert

Better safe than sorry. See a doctor. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
      04-11-2008, 09:53 AM   #25
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

You can rupture blood vessels in your rectum. You may have a hemroid problem. It looks worse than it is.

Try using a petroleum based lubricant next time like Vasaline. KY Jelly breaks down *in there*. So my college girlfriend said, anyway.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 09:57 AM   #26
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
You can rupture blood vessels in your rectum. You may have a hemroid problem. It looks worse than it is.

Try using a petroleum based lubricant next time like Vasaline. KY Jelly breaks down *in there*. So my college girlfriend said, anyway.
Thank you! Why is everyone assuming he is not gay? This could easily be the problem!

On a more serious note... My dog just had this same problem last week. It was a bacterial infection in the colon. He just needed anti biotics.

And... I have lifted heavy and worked out for years and I have never had this problem. It is most definitely not from doing a heavy ab workout, I do those all the time.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #27
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Listen...so far I'm probably the closest to a doctor that's responded.....this situation can literraly be casued by many, many different things. It's usually not anything to be concerned with, unless 1) it continues for some time, 2) the color of the blood is dark, or becomes dark, or 3) a significant amount of pain becomes evident. Yes...a colonoscopy might be in order down the road...but they may prefer to do a sigmoidoscopy first...which can be done by a large numper or primary care physicians.

To be honest...the most common cause of a problem like this is hemroids. However there is far to little data here to make that assumption. Diet has very little to do with it, that is a bit of a myth.

You would have different symptoms if you had an ulcer (can cause blood in your stools)...which by is not caused by diet, or stress (big myth). Diet and stress can aggrivate an already establised ulcer, but they don't cause it.

But i'm getting way ahead of myself....just keep an eye on it, and if it persists, then go see a primary care physician (PCP).
hey doc, i got a serious question for u. whenever i go to get a blood test and they take out the millions of vials of blood out of me, i always get a tingling/awesome sensation in my gun... have you ever heard of that? or is it just a mental thing? i always try to think of something irrelevant when im getting a blood test to take my head off of it...

maybe i just like to get pricked? (no innuendo implied... ok, sort of...lol)
      04-11-2008, 12:53 PM   #28
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiemyster View Post
hey doc, i got a serious question for u. whenever i go to get a blood test and they take out the millions of vials of blood out of me, i always get a tingling/awesome sensation in my gun... have you ever heard of that? or is it just a mental thing? i always try to think of something irrelevant when im getting a blood test to take my head off of it...

maybe i just like to get pricked? (no innuendo implied... ok, sort of...lol)

drop your pants, turn your head to the side and cough....

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 01:15 PM   #29
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
drop your pants, turn your head to the side and cough....
owh... i love being told what to do
      04-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #30
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
Listen...so far I'm probably the closest to a doctor that's responded.....this situation can literraly be casued by many, many different things. It's usually not anything to be concerned with, unless 1) it continues for some time, 2) the color of the blood is dark, or becomes dark, or 3) a significant amount of pain becomes evident. Yes...a colonoscopy might be in order down the road...but they may prefer to do a sigmoidoscopy first...which can be done by a large numper or primary care physicians.

To be honest...the most common cause of a problem like this is hemroids. However there is far to little data here to make that assumption. Diet has very little to do with it, that is a bit of a myth.

You would have different symptoms if you had an ulcer (can cause blood in your stools)...which by is not caused by diet, or stress (big myth). Diet and stress can aggrivate an already establised ulcer, but they don't cause it.

But i'm getting way ahead of myself....just keep an eye on it, and if it persists, then go see a primary care physician (PCP).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ideliver View Post
As a physician,

You need to see a physician and have a diagnosis made. The list of possibilites are simple and benign things (hemorrhoids, anal fissures) to important things (inflammatory bowel disease) to life threatening things (cancer).

Do not settle with "you are fine" without an appropriate examination and evaluation.

Best wishes. Feel free to PM with any questions.
What they said with the exception of the diet aspect. Depending on the actual cause of this, it could be possible that your diet leaves you prone to overly bulky stool. If you had an internal hemorrhoid, that could aggravate it and/or cause a slight rupture, hence the bleeding. How old are you? Just wondering why the doctor might have said you were too young for a colonoscopy. If you are not satisfied with the answer you were given from the doctor, you can always persist or, as others have mentioned, go elsewhere for a second opinion.

The color and consistency of the blood can help ease your mind in some respects since that information can potentially eliminate some more serious things from the list of potential causes.

Also, if you are active and/or partake in strenuous activity, you could leave yourself prone to internal hemorrhoids (e.g. from straining).
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #31
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

[QUOTE=Hawkeye;2470095] Thank you! Why is everyone assuming he is not gay? This could easily be the problem!

Dude, I'm 100% straight.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 12:35 PM   #32
Jay_328
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 07 e92

Garage List
07 E92 328  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blob View Post
Dude, I'm 100% straight.
geez dude why so pissed about being 100% straight?
      04-12-2008, 01:12 PM   #33
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I'm straight and his comment just ticked me off.
Appreciate 1
      04-12-2008, 01:27 PM   #34
The_Blob
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I just had a bowel movement this morning and everything looked fine. I've been taking honey mixed with water in the morning and evening for about a week now.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 06:13 PM   #35
E(@M#
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 94' corolla

do you have a varied diet...as in vegetables, fibrous food?.....these stimulate bowel movement, etc.......important that you do

darker blood hints that it is earlier in the gastrointenstinal tract....your color(normal red, fresh) could suggest that it is simply hemorrhoids(accompanying pain after.....and quite common among adults).....but i really recommend you consult a doctor as it may be something more serious........this really is something that shouldnt be taken lightly
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 07:56 AM   #36
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

The lack of specifics about the source of the bleeding makes me wonder if you really skipped that scary trip to the doctor and just hoped it would go away. Don't do that. The only realistic and effective solution is to have a physician identify where the blood is coming from. The cause of this can range from totally trivial to life-threatening, and only knowing where it comes from will determine this. This is even more relevant if it really was triggered by a harsh bout of weightlifting. Since info on where you were bleeding from would be a standard part of any 'you are fine' visit, the absence of that info is surprising. Although it isn't a fun workup, it is all upside - either they put your fears to rest, or you catch whatever it is real early and when it is easier to treat.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 08:21 AM   #37
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
The lack of specifics about the source of the bleeding makes me wonder if you really skipped that scary trip to the doctor and just hoped it would go away. Don't do that. The only realistic and effective solution is to have a physician identify where the blood is coming from. The cause of this can range from totally trivial to life-threatening, and only knowing where it comes from will determine this. This is even more relevant if it really was triggered by a harsh bout of weightlifting. Since info on where you were bleeding from would be a standard part of any 'you are fine' visit, the absence of that info is surprising. Although it isn't a fun workup, it is all upside - either they put your fears to rest, or you catch whatever it is real early and when it is easier to treat.
Another spam bot necroposting above your reply.

Anyways, this is an old post and I haven't read through it carefully. But wanted to add something since this thread has been brought back to life. Blood coming out from #2 is NEVER normal. Don't ignore the symptoms. I didn't ignore the symptoms and went to see my doc. I got a colonoscopy which found a tumor in my descending colon. Result....stage 3b colon cancer at age 42. Totally outside of the "norm" and screening age. Went through surgery and 6 months of chemo. Had I ignored the bleeding symptoms, I'd probably not be here now.

So get checked out if you're seeing blood or having issues having bowel movements....regardless of your age. And really you should have a colonoscopy as that's the only way to have near 100% assurance as to what is causing the bleeding. If you get brushed off as being too young to have a colonoscopy or any major GI issues, push back. If you still can't get a colonoscopy, go to another doctor. There are plenty of people on the colon cancer support forums that are "too young" to have colon cancer. My GI doctor has said he's seen an alarming number of ever younger patients of his have colon cancer. This is why the screening age for a colonoscopy has been lowered to 45 recently...better late than never. A bunch of us actually think the screening age should be lowered to 40. If the screening age was set to 40, my life would be very different now.
Appreciate 2
Maynard3833.00
RickFLM410954.50
      05-26-2022, 08:44 AM   #38
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

How do people find these 15 year old posts? I cant even find posts from a few weeks ago with this stupid search function. Sheesh.

Talk about a cliff-hanger. All we know, 15 yers later, is the OP was bleeding out his ass and gets SUPER PISSED at the notion he might be gay. Did he take the medical advice offered by people on a car forum? Is he alive? Did he die? I have to know!
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3130.00
      05-26-2022, 09:47 AM   #39
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Duh, I gotta start checking the dates on these. Sorry to hear your story, friend of mine just recently went through almost the same situation, but a little older.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2022, 09:54 AM   #40
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aija View Post
yea, if i sometimes go overboard on the spice (lets just say my cup of noodles soup is RED when the original color was tan before putting in that spice), and it causes a little red in my domain.
What do you put in??? I love spicy ramen/noodles.

To the OP as said above get a second opinion and likely prepare for an inspection.
Appreciate 0