E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lexus LFAs delivered to customers

02-17-2011, 08:38 AM   #133
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

making fun of people who's parents buy there car is like beating a dead horse, especially on this forum. Besides, where I'm from almost everyone I know has had there parents buy them their car. What do you expect them to do, give it back and say, "no dad I don't want this car because some douche-bag on a BMW forum will make fun of me because his parents hated him as a child." I didn't think so...
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #134
DASHOCKER
The power of V!
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe steptronic

Garage List
1998 Lexus Gs400  [0.00]
2010 ebony & ivory  [0.00]
2006 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 pics  [0.00]
2009 e92 335 xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Classic post from another 335 punk who's daddy probably bought it for him.
Quote:
Another retarded statement from a 335 owner.

BMW doesn't have and has never had a car that is even in the remote ballpark of the LF A.

And I've got a Lexus that will drive circles around and is far more entertaining than your 335 champ.
These posts seem to come from one who is in their 20's (old enough to be my son). With the amount of emoticons you love to add to every post & your man crush on 1sick aka SherlockHolmes on this forum, you seem to fit the age bracket perfectly. How old are you exactly lad?
      02-17-2011, 09:29 AM   #135
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Here is a customer car on display at the Chicago auto show (this black one was delivered to customer in suburbs of Chicago and the same one that was on the WTN news). Looks stunning in black:

p.s. Yes, Paris Hilton did just get delivery of her white LFA. (good or bad, it is what it is).

Her twitter account:

"My boyfriend is such a prankster. As a practical joke when he surprised me with the car. He first had them pull up a yellow lexus. I was in shock! The car is most amazing! But yellow! So not my style! Ha. Then he had the real present pulled up, the lexus in a beautiful pearl white."

- Lamborghini on turbocharging

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 02-17-2011 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #136
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASHOCKER View Post
These posts seem to come from one who is in their 20's (old enough to be my son). With the amount of emoticons you love to add to every post & your man crush on 1sick aka SherlockHolmes on this forum, you seem to fit the age bracket perfectly. How old are you exactly lad?
Why you continue to stalk my posts over here and be a pita is amusing. I could say the same thing about your childish posting and baiting.

Sorry man I'm already married but the attention is flattering.

Really not that it's any of your business....but I'm closer to 40 than 30 and all of the cars in my garage are paid for with my own hard earned cash.

And yes, 335 owners are certainly the problem children of this forum. Just ask the M3 forum.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #137
fasteddie222
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e30 and x1 35i

Quote:
Why you continue to stalk my posts over here and be a pita is amusing. I could say the same thing about your childish posting and baiting.

Sorry man I'm already married but the attention is flattering.

Really not that it's any of your business....but I'm closer to 40 than 30 and all of the cars in my garage are paid for with my own hard earned cash.

And yes, 335 owners are certainly the problem children of this forum. Just ask the M3 forum.
then if you are 40 why do you have to argue with a 21 year old kid... lol act ur own age
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:26 AM   #138
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by epimps22 View Post
then if you are 40 why do you have to argue with a 21 year old kid... lol act ur own age
Who's arguing?

You made a ridiculous statement....I suggested you were a spoiled brat....you confirmed it....that's not an argument.

P.S. If you're going to pass med school you're going to have to pay more attention to details....I said I was closer to 40 than 30.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:29 AM   #139
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
After reading a good amount of these posts, all I can say is that it's funny how nobody complains about the Bugatti Veyron's price. End of day though, VW recognized it was taking a loss but they did not care. The car was about making a statement, that VW can in fact produce the premiere supercar and I'd imagine the LF-A is no different for Lexus. I have no idea what the breakeven price is but considering this is a limited production car, I don't think it matters to them.

And this specific thread aside, it's funny how people always love criticizing others' use of money when we're rolling around in our $50k cars. Ironically, reminds me of a time when someone asked why I didn't buy an import (350z) over my Z4 coupe? - this coming from a guy who was chugging along in a used I30 purchased with 90k on the odometer. I could care less what's faster, it's all about the overall package & driver experience and you can't quantify those intangibles. And in this case, where the LF-A does truly perform, everything is just gravy at that point.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 02-17-2011 at 10:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:32 AM   #140
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
yea atleast im greatful for my car and if i wanted to be a lazy ass and have my daddy pay for all my crap then i wouldnt be studying medicine
Daddy bought your car, that's cool. And if you were 17yrs old in high school, fine... but spelling 'grateful' incorrectly is concerning considering you are in med school.

edit
Just read your previous post "when I graduate from med school", so I guess you're still undergrad. You shouldn't be talking about "sh*tting" on people's cars "after graduating from med school" when you really have no idea what's down the road for you. It's easy to talk big when your comfortable life has been financed by your parents. But until you've accumulated assets through your own success, I suggest you focus finishing your term paper before spring break.

Last edited by 3002 tii; 02-17-2011 at 10:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #141
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Atleast someone here gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedown View Post
After reading a good amount of these posts, all I can say is that it's funny how nobody complains about the Bugatti Veyron's price. End of day though, VW recognized it was taking a loss but they did not care. The car was about making a statement, that VW can in fact produce the premiere supercar and I'd imagine the LF-A is no different for Lexus. I have no idea what the breakeven price is but considering this is a limited production car, I don't think it matters to them.

And this specific thread aside, it's funny how people always love criticizing others' use of money when we're rolling around in our $50k cars. Ironically, reminds me of a time when someone asked why I didn't buy an import (350z) over my Z4 coupe? - this coming from a guy who was chugging along in a used I30 purchased with 90k on the odometer. I could care less what's faster, it's all about the overall package & driver experience and you can't quantify those intangibles. And in this case, where the LF-A does truly perform, everything is just gravy at that point.

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #142
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Atleast someone here gets it.
Me personally, the LFA doesn't do it for me but I know if I was in a position to purchase one, then I'd be in a position to purchase many and in that case it would be part of my stable. But knowing that's realistically not going to happen, I think a more feasible goal is purchasing a R8 down the road...

End of day, this forum is biased just like any other. I just read another thread regarding CTS-V vs 335is - seriously? You wouldn't believe how many fanbois knock the CTS-V and not for its looks which is semi-understandable since that's a subjective area, but come on, on performance and value? But I digress...

Back on topic!
      02-17-2011, 11:00 AM   #143
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

Quote:
Daddy bought your car, that's cool. And if you were 17yrs old in high school, fine... but spelling 'grateful' incorrectly is concerning considering you are in med school.

edit
Just read your previous post "when I graduate from med school", so I guess you're still undergrad. You shouldn't be talking about "sh*tting" on people's cars "after graduating from med school" when you really have no idea what's down the road for you. It's easy to talk big when your comfortable life has been financed by your parents. But until you've accumulated assets through your own success, I suggest you focus finishing your term paper before spring break.
Nothing amuses me more than a 21 year old pre-med acting like he's already a doctor. From the way he talks, it wouldn't be far-fetched to say his MCAT's well below 30.

Besides, when you "graduate from med school", resident salary will literally get you something that will shit on other people's cars.
      02-17-2011, 11:07 AM   #144
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
yea atleast im greatful for my car and if i wanted to be a lazy ass and have my daddy pay for all my crap then i wouldnt be studying medicine
You're not studying medicine buddy, you're just studying basic science.
Cmon, get off your high horse pre-med. You do realize there are millions of pre-meds? lol
      02-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #145
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

I agree. When I was new with my 330 CI back over 6 years ago, I used to get the same cr*p from people with Preludes, Mustangs etc. "hey you spent so much for your Bimmer. Why did you not buy an Integra Type R or GSR since it gives 90% of the performance your overpriced Bimmer does".

I bought the car that I thought would give me the best overall experience and thrill of ownership. Even though, even then 14.2 - 14.3 secs in the 1/4 mile was not very fast, I was very happy with the "completeness" of the car. That made me very rebellious to this type of thinking.

Quote:
Me personally, the LFA doesn't do it for me but I know if I was in a position to purchase one, then I'd be in a position to purchase many and in that case it would be part of my stable. But knowing that's realistically not going to happen, I think a more feasible goal is purchasing a R8 down the road...

End of day, this forum is biased just like any other. I just read another thread regarding CTS-V vs 335is - seriously? You wouldn't believe how many fanbois knock the CTS-V and not for its looks which is semi-understandable since that's a subjective area, but come on, on performance and value? But I digress...

Back on topic!

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 02-17-2011 at 11:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 12:13 PM   #146
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
No your a retard because...
first of all i never said lexus was a better car than bmw
second of all a porsche is way better than a lexus which was my point
third of all i said i liked the car
fourth of all i never said lexus is a bad car i just personally dont like them
fifth of all im 21 and when i graduate from medical school ill own a car that will shit on your piece of shit lexus that can drive circles around my 335i
sixth of all im very lucky to own my 335 at my age
seventh of all F*** You
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 12:20 PM   #147
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkevoIX View Post
You're not studying medicine buddy, you're just studying basic science.
Cmon, get off your high horse pre-med. You do realize there are millions of pre-meds? lol
this

although i'm in pre-law and i see people who act like that all the time, i still wanna falcon punch every person i hear act like they're already lawyers/doctors when they haven't even taken the MCAT/LSAT
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #148
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
this

although i'm in pre-law and i see people who act like that all the time, i still wanna falcon punch every person i hear act like they're already lawyers/doctors when they haven't even taken the MCAT/LSAT
Word. Those who have gotten into med/law school or even have good enough credentials to get into one will not use it as a tool to mount an attack on someone. Insecure anyone?
      02-17-2011, 05:38 PM   #149
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
The LF-A's looks aren't that good to me, like the Nissan GT-R, but the rest of the machinery is there.

It's also good to know that on this forum, people still like to brag about their age about a car they didn't buy themselves.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #150
fasteddie222
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I never bragged about the car I drive I never bragged about anything lol I said that I'm lucky to have that car
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 07:44 PM   #151
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

565 HP Lexus LFA Nurburgring track edition teaser picture released today (Official premiere at Geneva Show):

Lexus LFA #017 arriving in metallic blue color in USA:

Last edited by 330CIZHP; 02-17-2011 at 07:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #152
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I never bragged about the car I drive I never bragged about anything lol I said that I'm lucky to have that car
you didn't brag about your current car.

you just bragged about how your non-existent future car (that would be in your possession after you graduate from your non-existent med school) would sh*t on someone.
      02-17-2011, 09:27 PM   #153
fasteddie222
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

you just bragged about how your non-existent future car (that would be in your possession after you graduate from your non-existent med school) would sh*t on someone.
look "DAN" stop talking shit you dont know me
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2011, 09:54 PM   #154
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:

yeah, i'd say that about sums it up
Appreciate 0