E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Haters, sheesh.

05-25-2007, 08:40 AM   #23
noktekniq
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

hyundai is japanese? i also thought it was some korean brand
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 09:08 AM   #24
Potty_Pants
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Genesis Sedan Rspec

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1smo View Post
Hope you can see my sarcasm. I was speaking with the voice of the idiots in this forum, you know who you are!
naw man, missed it sorry !

lol i should of known with your name

ppp
Olds Starfire > Chevy Malibu > Isuzu I-mark RS & Honda Magna 500 > Grand Am GT & YSR50 > Nissan Maxima & Ninja 750 > X-Wife > Hyundai Excel > Honda Prelude > Honda Accord > Honda Prelude & Ninja 250> Infiniti G35 > E90 335i > Hyundai Genesis Rspec, Hyunadai Sonata > Kia Sorento > Honda CRV-EX
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 09:10 AM   #25
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 Austin Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktekniq View Post
hyundai is japanese? i also thought it was some korean brand
It is Korean. The person who may have appeared to say it was Japanese...was referring to a G35 i think.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 09:12 AM   #26
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Red Sedan

All women are beautiful....some are just better looking than others! Tell him he is right and leave it at that! That car is a great bargin but I'm not going to buy one.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 09:31 AM   #27
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
That car is a great bargin but I'm not going to buy one.
Well maybe we should stop being nice about Hyundai's. You know and I know that they are trash. They know and we know that everyone knows they are trash. Even Hyundai knows that we know they know they are trash. Who is everyone kidding?

In all seriousness I don't think any Korean car is any good. Mind you I don't think American cars are either Japanese cars are alright though, they have pretty decent cars. Acura's ...some honda's, lexus...

I still think the Europeans know how to build/design cars better than anyone.

Yeah...thats right, I just dissed your Hyundai.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 09:32 AM   #28
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

I wouldn't sweat it.

You'll learn to deal with it.

There's a car out there for everybody, obviously (more like unfortunately) for him, it is in a Hyundai haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #29
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhcao1472 View Post
I hate it whenever I see a friend of mine, he starts to talk how much more horse power and cheaper a Hyundai Sonata is than my car, 325i. I always tell him "every car has a different quality and build differently. Lets leave it at that." Then he would give more praise to every Hyundai and Japanese car for being much cheaper and having more horsepower. I just really dunno what to say just to shut him up.
Hey, there are plenty of haters who also drive BMWs. I've seen 328/35 drivers knock 325's in a very unobjective way. You can't shut them up, so you probably wont be able to do anything with your friend. It's just a difference of opinion. Look at all the c*** about lease vs. buy, gas vs. diesel, coupe vs. sedan, trash a loaner vs. treat it like your own, oil cooler vs. no oil cooler, 6man or drive a mini-van, 335 or 2k8 M3, 335 modded is better than a Ferrari, and so on.....if you're happy with your 325, that's the end of story.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 10:02 AM   #30
uhaulball
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: e90 330xi

ROFL... another "japanese" company bashing thread.. as if we dont have enough

except Hyundai is a fucking KOREAN company idiots
      05-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #31
Rando
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

I have to admit the Sonata is an amazing *value*. You pay quite a premium for the BMW and that's true. But of course the BMW is a much better sporty car. But you can almost buy 3 Sonatas for 1 335i! And you can actually fit people and luggage very very comfortably in the Sonata, coz it's HUGE. So if that's important to your friend, a BMW is not for him.

But the new Sonatas look pretty decent inside (and out, but it's high off the ground and has small wheels, which kill it). And it comes with more good standard features than the BMW (of course).

The HP is true -- the 325i has always been very underpowered versus *anything* other than the base class of Civics and Corollas. But it gets a lot out of that, and more than that, the engine is a pleasure to drive.

So just admit those things to him and he'll be happy.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #32
ATG
Major
Cuba
Rep
Drives: f30 328 xdrive, e90 335i gone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AviD View Post
its lik gettin a woman... anyone can easily get breasts surgery but they can never beat the natural ones

or the opposite
bmw = breasts implant
hyundai = natural B cup
I have a better analogy. It's not too difficult to find a woman with pretty good breasts and it's not that hard to improve the breasts by a surgery. That's what Japanese automakers do. But a woman with a great perfect ass is a much rare find. That's European cars. "BMW! The perfect ass!"
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #33
cadbimmer
BeeeeYaaaaa
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xi

i sell hyundais, subarus, mitsubishis,doge(chrysler jeep,) and nissan. we own five dealerships in gp and i can cross sell. hyundai is a great value vehicle but does not compare to the bmw. but to say japanese and korean made cars are crap is not true. some are better than others but they arent crap. i drive a bmw because of the technology involved but if i couldnt afford it i would keep my legacy because i love it.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2007, 08:40 PM   #34
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Hyundai's are definitely coming up though. The progress their cars have made over the last decade is commendable. It's no 325, but with the exception of ride quality/handling characteristics, there's nothing that a 325 can do that a nicely equiped hyundai for 26k can't. But you can say that for nearly all the japanese cars. Really, when you get down to it, if you're not into handling and the bmw feel, there's nothing that makes bmw better than anything else, at all. And for those of you that read the g35 comparison article and the car and driver handling article, we're losing our handling edge over them as well.

To the guy who posted about meeting an 08 m3 at the track, I can't be too impressed by a car that has no laptimes. Across the board, I'm pretty sure our trackers/auto-xers on this board will agree that the e46 series cars made for a much nicer track-stars than the e90 series cars. Power aside, I don't see it being much improved over the E46 M3. Newer isn't always better, especially not in the track environment. V8 or no V8. And how did an 08 m3 even get involved in the convo. Weren't we talking about a 325i?

I wonder if people on the porsche forums go around saying "some dick in a 335i thinks his car is better than my base 911. LOL @ 08 M3! 09 GT2 OWNS!"

funny story though. Hyundai still blows. Anyone watching GT at laguna seca on speed channel?
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2007, 08:52 PM   #35
DustinDallas
stud in a bimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
I wonder if people on the porsche forums go around saying "some dick in a 335i thinks his car is better than my base 911. LOL @ 08 M3! 09 GT2 OWNS!"
for some odd reason, i found that hilarious
      05-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #36
DustinDallas
stud in a bimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw0perat0r View Post
In all seriousness I don't think any Korean car is any good. Mind you I don't think American cars are either Japanese cars are alright though, they have pretty decent cars. Acura's ...some honda's, lexus...

I still think the Europeans know how to build/design cars better than anyone.
depends on who you ask..

my aunt wanted a new suv, and knowing im a car nut, she asked me for suggestions. I said to buy an X5..yes, I love BMW that much.

..she drove it, then drove an Acura MDX and said she thought the MDX was nicer and she couldnt understand why the BMW was more expensive, with less standard features (this was a couple years ago..when the MDX was just a Honda Pilot with a sea of fake plastic wood and horrid driving dynamics). The new one is "ok" I suppose..

anyway, my point is..some people dont think of a car as a "toy" ..these people tend to look for the best bang for the buck, and many prefer a cushy, uninvolved ride, etc..for these people, european cars would not be the "best."

For you and I..hell yeah, euro cars all the way.
      05-26-2007, 09:19 PM   #37
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

your friend's not lying

the truth is that the hyundai has more HP and is cheaper

that's not "hating" it's a fact

stop caring so much about what other people think
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2007, 09:33 PM   #38
DustinDallas
stud in a bimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
your friend's not lying

the truth is that the hyundai has more HP and is cheaper

that's not "hating" it's a fact

stop caring so much about what other people think
if the OP didnt ask for the criticism, then it is hating.

if the OP instigated it by acting like his BMW was way better..than no, its not hating..just being defensive
      05-27-2007, 01:10 AM   #39
knight
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: aw 330i

your friend has been watching too many of those current hyundai commercials...
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2007, 08:54 AM   #40
bmw0perat0r
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustinDallas View Post
depends on who you ask..

my aunt wanted a new suv, and knowing im a car nut, she asked me for suggestions. I said to buy an X5..yes, I love BMW that much.

..she drove it, then drove an Acura MDX and said she thought the MDX was nicer and she couldnt understand why the BMW was more expensive, with less standard features (this was a couple years ago..when the MDX was just a Honda Pilot with a sea of fake plastic wood and horrid driving dynamics). The new one is "ok" I suppose..

anyway, my point is..some people dont think of a car as a "toy" ..these people tend to look for the best bang for the buck, and many prefer a cushy, uninvolved ride, etc..for these people, european cars would not be the "best."

For you and I..hell yeah, euro cars all the way.
Very true

For some time after I got a e36 m3 some years back i had been working over my parents getting them to switch from Lexus...score one for me, father bought a 535xi - now he's hooked and we're both hounding my mother to get rid of her old LS400.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2007, 11:32 AM   #41
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
Japanese cars are much cheaper to maintain, cheaper to purchase, insure, fix, more reliable...don't hate on them, Honda and Toyotas have sold 10x as many cars as BMW have...to the general public, Japanese cars are better buy..
good for the general public.

just because the general public likes Japboxes does that mean they are the best cars?

just because MTV is popular does that mean the music that they play is good?

just because PC's sell 100000000x more than Macs, does that mean PC's are better?

just because everyone is doing something doesn't mean shit, FYI. BMW's for life, Lexus, Toyota, Nissan, Infiniti, Acura, Honda, and all the rest of the japs can lick my balls. there you have it.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #42
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1smo View Post
Horse power isn't everything, but it means more to you than you realize since this guy got into your head with a Sonata. LOL For me, the 325 does not come remotely close to enough power to satisfy my need for speed. If I'm limited by the price range, I would gladly settle for (as described in these forums) a "Japanese" (with special emphasis on Japanese because we know they make shitty cars) P.O.S Infiniti G35.
THIS IS A BMW FORUM, PEOPLE HERE DO NOT LIKE LEXUS. GO TO ANY JAPANESE FORUM AND YOU WILL SEE THE SAME IGNORANT DRIVEL ABOUT BMW'S. STOP TRYING TO BE WITTY AND FUNNY BECAUSE YOU ARE A GAY ASS. OH AND ALSO PLEASE SELL YOUR 335I TO SOMEONE ELSE, GO BUY A JAPBOX AND GO FLAME ON THEIR FORUMS. NO ONE LIKES YOU. KBYE
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2007, 12:02 PM   #43
DustinDallas
stud in a bimmer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw0perat0r View Post
For some time after I got a e36 m3 some years back i had been working over my parents getting them to switch from Lexus...score one for me, father bought a 535xi - now he's hooked and we're both hounding my mother to get rid of her old LS400.
good work

I tried to convince my mom to get an X5 a few years ago with no luck..but I think she's set on the 535 now..I talked up BMW for a long time.

Ironically, my dad mentioned to her the other day that he was thinking about a new Corvette..and she goes "No, I don't like those, get a sporty little BMW." (6 series anyone? haha)

I think I have her hooked.
      05-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #44
ironjw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]

yup plenty of haters... i deal with it everyday at work lol
Appreciate 0