BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

09-22-2023, 08:48 AM   #1
anubis
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

any info on Bilstein B12 kit with EDC?

Noticed this on several sites and looking for a replacement for OEM suspension that's around 76k now.

here's the non-edc kit
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...t-m3-46-180698

edc (according cs at fcp)
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...tein-46-276346

not finding much online about this edc kit. not even b8 edc shocks/struts for m3 individually. anyone familiar with this kit?
      09-22-2023, 03:49 PM   #2
chutak
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, X3 M40i

I actually contacted Bilstein about this a couple years ago. The rep was able to look up the shock part numbers in the kit, and verified a perfect match to individual B6 damptronic units.

Before this full EDC kit was available they had always mentioned that there shouldn’t be any issue pairing B6 damptronic and Eibach pro-kit springs. I suppose the springs are a mild enough drop for B6’s.

Nevertheless, I run this setup with Dinan shortened front and rear shock mounts just for peace of mind.
Appreciate 1
anubis26.50
      09-24-2023, 04:24 PM   #3
anubis
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chutak View Post
I actually contacted Bilstein about this a couple years ago. The rep was able to look up the shock part numbers in the kit, and verified a perfect match to individual B6 damptronic units.

Before this full EDC kit was available they had always mentioned that there shouldn’t be any issue pairing B6 damptronic and Eibach pro-kit springs. I suppose the springs are a mild enough drop for B6’s.

Nevertheless, I run this setup with Dinan shortened front and rear shock mounts just for peace of mind.
ah thanks!