E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Help With My HW (2 Quick Questions)...

09-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #1
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Question Help With My HW (2 Quick Questions)...

i need help with x2 questions i have for global marketing...i don't understand what it's asking me. help much appreciated. thanks.

1. Identify a regional economic organization or agreement in each of the following areas: Latin America, Asia/Pacific, Western Europe, Central Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.

2. You are an American traveling on business in the Middle East. As you are leaving country X, the passport control officer at the airport tells you there will be a passport "processing" delay of 12 hours. You explain that your plane leaves in 30 minutes, and the official suggests that a contribution of $50 would probably speed things up. If you comply with the suggestion, have you violated US law? Explain.
      09-23-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
SantaPimp27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow homie

#2 might have to do with the idea that behavior of businesses in one country have to be similar to behaviors in other countries.

but you are not a business. however you are traveling on business representing a company and it would be an illegal act in America. Therefore, it is illegal in another country.

This deals with international trade law, but i have no idea if it is the right answer just something to think about
      09-23-2009, 09:24 PM   #3
xtac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
i need help with x2 questions i have for global marketing...i don't understand what it's asking me. help much appreciated. thanks.

1. Identify a regional economic organization or agreement in each of the following areas: Latin America, Asia/Pacific, Western Europe, Central Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.

2. You are an American traveling on business in the Middle East. As you are leaving country X, the passport control officer at the airport tells you there will be a passport "processing" delay of 12 hours. You explain that your plane leaves in 30 minutes, and the official suggests that a contribution of $50 would probably speed things up. If you comply with the suggestion, have you violated US law? Explain.
1. google/wikipedia is your friend
2. No you have not violated US law, unless that control officer is located at the embassy.
      09-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #4
///MWA
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2006 2006  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtac View Post
1. google/wikipedia is your friend
2. No you have not violated US law, unless that control officer is located at the embassy.
10/10
      09-24-2009, 01:48 AM   #5
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

for number 2: 1) it's a contribution, so no (loopholes) and 2) if it is NOT on US soil/land, it is not a violation of US law (international is different)
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 01:49 AM   #6
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

an example for 1, if you want to do north america (i know not on your list), but NAFTA works,
North American Free Trade Agreement

Get the picture?

For the middle east, do OPEC
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 03:56 AM   #7
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Are you kidding?

Why don't you try it yourself first? You would easily get it.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:

NAMBLA, APA, WEP, CEC, OIL, BOFH

Quote:
No, because money makes things go faster. It's just like when a cop gives you a ticket and you ask him "Can I pay this now?".
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #9
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
for number 2: 1) it's a contribution, so no (loopholes) and 2) if it is NOT on US soil/land, it is not a violation of US law (international is different)
Are you sure about that?

Foreign Corrupt Practices Act of 1977

"The antibribery provisions of the FCPA prohibit:

Issuers, domestic concerns, and any person from making use of interstate commerce corruptly, in furtherance of an offer or payment of anything of value to a foreign official, foreign political party, or candidate for political office, for the purpose of influencing any act of that foreign official in violation of the duty of that official, or to secure any improper advantage in order to obtain or retain business."

I'm not a lawyer, but I read that to mean that if the country has an existing expidited process for passports, and you are paying a standard fee you are fine. But if the official is breaking policy of his department to move you along, you would be in violation.
Appreciate 0