E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > DTM 2014 Grand Finale: Hockenheim II

10-10-2014, 06:03 PM   #1
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

DTM 2014 Grand Finale: Hockenheim II

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Champion Wittmann ends the DTM season with fifth in Hockenheim

October 19, 2014

Hockenheim (DE), 19th October 2014.
A successful 2014 DTM season for BMW Motorsport drew to an end in Hockenheim (DE). Marco Wittmann (DE), who was crowned the youngest German DTM champion of all time at the eighth race of the season, ended a superlative year with fifth place. Starting from 13th on the grid in the Ice-Watch BMW M4 DTM, he fought back spectacularly to end the race as the best-placed BMW driver. He and BMW Team RMG, with team principal Stefan Reinhold (DE), were summoned onto the podium after the race, where they were honoured for winning the titles in the Drivers’ Championship and Team competition.

Martin Tomczyk (DE) once again showed his outstanding fighting spirit: the BMW Team Schnitzer driver climbed 13 places from 20th on the grid, eventually crossing the finish line in seventh in the BMW M Performance Parts M4 DTM. The result at the season finale propelled Tomczyk into sixth in the Drivers’ Championship, making him the second best-placed BMW driver of the year. DTM rookie António Félix da Costa (PT) of BMW Team MTEK ended the race in tenth to pick up one point.

Augusto Farfus (BR) produced a strong drive from fourth on the grid, but dropped out of the points in an eventful final phase of the race. A late safety car period resulted in the field bunching together again. Farfus was then involved in a collision after the restart, and ultimately crossed the finish line 17th in the Castrol EDGE BMW M4 DTM. Timo Glock (DE, DEUTSCHE POST BMW M4 DTM), Bruno Spengler (CA, BMW Bank M4 DTM) and Joey Hand (US, Crowne Plaza Hotels BMW M4 DTM) came home 12th, 13th and 16th in the final race of the season. Maxime Martin (BE, SAMSUNG BMW M4 DTM) failed to finish.

Audi finished first, second and third with Mattias Ekström (SE), Mike Rockenfeller (DE) and Jamie Green (GB) in Hockenheim, a result that proved enough to hand them the title in the Manufacturers’ Championship.

Dr. Herbert Diess, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Development:
“The third year since our return to the DTM has once again been extremely successful, winning as we did the Drivers’ and Team titles. The 2014 season was again packed with fantastic motorsport and thrilling entertainment for the fans. We once again impressed within a very competitive environment. The teams and drivers – particularly BMW Team RMG and Marco Wittmann this year – deserve utmost respect for their performances. The DTM is, and will remain, the right platform for BMW, on which to demonstrate how competitive our models are in a premium environment against our core competitors.”

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“That was a tough way to end what has otherwise been a magnificent season. Given the situation we found ourselves in after yesterday’s qualifying, we are pleased to have finished in the points with three cars. Try as we might, there was nothing more in it for us today. Marco Wittmann and Martin Tomczyk produced great displays, and António Félix da Costa also picked up a point. This year is the first time since our comeback that we have not won the Manufacturers’ Championship. Despite this, we are obviously very happy with two of a possible three titles this season. We have now won six of the nine titles up for grabs since our return to the series in 2012, and have had the champion driver in our ranks on two occasions – that is a fantastic record. This evening we will celebrate the successful season together, before turning our attention to the preparations for next year tomorrow. I would like to thank all the fans, partners and sponsors again for their great support this season. And it goes without saying that a big thank you also goes to all the staff at BMW Motorsport and our teams, who have all played a part in this success. Congratulations to Mattias Ekström on his race win today, and to Audi on winning the Manufacturers’ title.”

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 9.08.58 AM.jpg
Views: 3374
Size:  146.8 KB

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 9.09.06 AM.jpg
Views: 3426
Size:  168.7 KB

Name:  P90167103-highRes.jpg
Views: 3257
Size:  113.6 KB

Name:  P90167104-highRes.jpg
Views: 3202
Size:  163.9 KB

Name:  P90167105-highRes.jpg
Views: 3131
Size:  205.9 KB

Name:  P90167106-highRes.jpg
Views: 3172
Size:  153.1 KB

Name:  P90167107-highRes.jpg
Views: 3062
Size:  184.8 KB

Name:  P90167118-highRes.jpg
Views: 3098
Size:  135.1 KB

Name:  P90167119-highRes.jpg
Views: 3223
Size:  153.9 KB

Name:  P90167120-highRes.jpg
Views: 3226
Size:  144.7 KB

Original post - October 10, 2014

Ready for the grand finale at Hockenheim.

The stage is set for a spectacular conclusion to the DTM season: While Marco Wittmann and BMW Team RMG have already been crowned champions in the Drivers’ and Team competitions, one title is still up for grabs in the final race of the year at the Hockenheimring on 19th October. Ready for the grand finale at Hockenheim.

The battle is still raging at the top of the Manufacturers’ Championship with just 42 laps of the 2014 season remaining. BMW tops the standings with 362 points going into the tenth and final round of the DTM – a lead of 21 points over Audi. Therefore, BMW Motorsport’s goal is to finish with as many cars as possible in the top ten, in order to win the Manufacturers’ Championship for the third year in a row since returning to the DTM in 2012.

Back at the start of the 2014 season, Hockenheim once again proved to be a happy stomping ground for BMW. After three BMW M4 DTMs had made it onto the first two rows of the grid in qualifying, Wittmann was able to celebrate his first win in the DTM on the Sunday. This triumph also marked BMW’s 60th success in the DTM and the first for the new BMW M4 DTM.

In total, BMW Motorsport has won four of the last five DTM races at the iconic circuit in Hockenheim – and the last two season finales. In 2012, Bruno Spengler was first across the finish line in the BMW Bank M3 DTM, winning the first DTM title of his career in the process. The following year, both Timo Glock and BMW Team MTEK claimed their maiden DTM victory at the 4.574-kilometre track. Prior to their success, the drivers had made history in qualifying: for the first time since the comeback, BMW drivers occupied the first four places on the grid. Pole position went to Spengler, followed by Dirk Werner, Andy Priaulx and Glock.

Jens Marquardt (BMW Motorsport Director):
“The 2014 DTM season is now entering the finishing straight. We are very much looking forward to the grand finale in Hockenheim. There is traditionally an awesome atmosphere at the final round of the season. It is obviously nice to head to the final race weekend of the year with several titles already to our name. However, we still have one major goal to achieve: we want to defend our top spot in the Manufacturers’ Championship. That would be the icing on the cake in what has already been a successful debut season for the BMW M4 DTM. We will need a strong team performance to achieve this goal. Our record of four wins in the last four races in Hockenheim is good. However, I am also certain that the opposition will once again make life difficult for us in the final race. After all, everybody obviously wants to head into the winter break on the back of a good result. The race at the Hockenheimring certainly promises to be a cracker for the fans.”

Bart Mampaey (Team Principal, BMW Team RBM):
“It has been an incredibly intense year for us. Having been in contention in both the Drivers’ and Team Championships right down to the wire in 2013, this season has not worked out as we had hoped. That shows once again just how fiercely competitive the DTM is. The highlight of our season was definitely Augusto Farfus’ second place at the race in Spielberg. We all share just one goal in Hockenheim: to win the Manufacturers’ title with BMW. And we are determined to do our bit.”

Charly Lamm (Team Principal, BMW Team Schnitzer):
“Hockenheim is the DTM classic par excellence, and on most occasions a happy stomping ground for our team. At the finale in 2013, we finished first and second in qualifying for the first time since returning to the DTM. Bruno Spengler’s victory to win the title in the final race of 2012 is obviously a stand-out moment. I think the stage is set for a thrilling conclusion to the season. Martin Tomczyk’s podium in Zandvoort gave us an additional boost. Now we are determined to end the DTM year with a good result to enter the winter break with some fresh self-confidence and to support BMW on its quest to defend the Manufacturers’ title.”

Ernest Knoors (Team Principal, BMW Team MTEK):
“We come to the end of BMW Team MTEK’s second season. Every BMW fan, every BMW Motorsport employee and every team member of all four BMW DTM teams can be proud of what has been achieved with the new BMW M4 DTM. From a BMW Team MTEK point of view we have not been able to achieve our own goals fully, due to a variety of circumstances. But I am very proud of my team of mechanics, engineers and drivers who have approached each event with the same highly professional and competitive attitude. Even in a tough season it has been a great pleasure to work with and lead this team. Now we return to Hockenheim from where we have fond memories of Timo’s and BMW Team MTEK’s first race win last year. We will try our best to achieve a great result with both of our drivers, as always.”

Stefan Reinhold (Team Principal, BMW Team RMG):
“What has been a dream season for us is drawing to a close. My team has been incredible this year. We come full circle in Hockenheim. This is where Marco Wittmann’s victory in the opening race laid the foundation for our great season. We now return as champions. It will be an emotional race for us. And one title is still up for grabs for BMW. Winning the manufacturers’ crown with BMW is our goal which we will tackle with maximum focus.”

Augusto Farfus (car number 3, BMW Team RBM):
“I am already looking forward to the weekend. Hockenheim is always very special. The race, feeling and atmosphere are always great there. It will be my third season finale there, and I really like the circuit. I have been very strong there in the past, so I hope we can end the season on a high – then I could go into the winter break with a good feeling.”

Joey Hand (car number 4, BMW Team RBM):
“The circuit in Hockenheim suits my driving style, with its fast sections, tight corners and heavy braking points. I will once again do my utmost to be successful with BMW. The finale in Hockenheim is always a major spectacle. Big crowds, and a firework finale: it is a great show and right up my street. We always all try to pull one last big performance out of the bag for the final race of the season. We obviously still have something to play for, as we can defend the Manufacturers’ title for BMW. I will do my very best to that end.”

Bruno Spengler (car number 9, BMW Team Schnitzer):
“A tough year is drawing to a close for BMW Team Schnitzer and me. All the same, I did finish on the podium twice. Despite this, we definitely set our sights higher coming into this season. We will push hard again at the finale in Hockenheim. I am looking forward to the awesome atmosphere at the circuit, and hope to end the season on a positive note.”

Martin Tomczyk (car number 10, BMW Team Schnitzer):
“Hockenheim is always a sensational way to end the season. Holding the final race there has proven to be a winning formula for years in the DTM. This way, the fans and drivers alike can enjoy a genuine highlight at the end of the season. The circuit is absolutely awesome. It suits the BMW M4 DTM, as shown by the opening race of 2014 at the same venue. I am obviously pleased to have finally made it back onto the podium at the last race in Zandvoort after a long barren run. For this reason, I travel to Hockenheim with a good feeling. One title is still up for grabs. We want to get our hands on that too now.”

Timo Glock (car number 17, BMW Team MTEK):
“I am looking forward to Hockenheim, a circuit we know really well. Last year I won the season finale there. It would be nice if I could do that again this time. Generally speaking, I would have liked me and my team to have scored more points this season. Unfortunately we had a few races in which everything seemed to go against us. However, there is no point moping about it. We have to look ahead and do our very best in Hockenheim to ensure that BMW wins the Manufacturers’ title for the third time in a row.”

António Félix da Costa (car number 18, BMW Team MTEK):
“On the one hand I am really looking forward to the finale in Hockenheim. On the other hand, however, it also means that another season is over. My first DTM year has been one of highs and lows. My goal was to learn as much as possible. I think I have gained valuable experience. We had a good start to the season in Hockenheim, and must now attempt to repeat that and have a strong final race. That way we can head into the winter on a high.”

Marco Wittmann (car number 23, BMW Team RMG):
“The season finale in Hockenheim is obviously always very special. The atmosphere there is always enough to give you goosebumps. I can really enjoy it, as the pressure in the Drivers’ Championship is off. I claimed my first DTM win at this year’s opening race in Hockenheim, and it would obviously be a dream to finish on the top step of the podium at the finale. We have set our sights on scoring valuable points towards the Manufacturers’ Championship. It is still a very close affair, and is guaranteed to be exciting. I am really looking forward to the finale.”

Maxime Martin (car number 24, BMW Team RMG):
“I can be more than satisfied with my first season in the DTM. Only a few drivers have ever managed to win a race and secure pole position in their first year. I am proud to end the season as the best-placed rookie. I will take the many positive experiences that I gained in 2014, and the negative ones, into the new season. My goal for next year is to be more consistent. That is key in the DTM. However, the season is not over yet. We still have the final race in Hockenheim. I want to score a good result to help ensure that BMW has cause for celebration after the finale.”

Oct 10, 2014, BMW-Motorsport
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #2
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton will attend the DTM finale in Hockenheim on Sunday, 19th October 2014

•Ex-Formula 1 and DTM drivers Jean Alesi und David Coulthard also in Hockenheim to mark end of season

•Lewis Hamilton: “I’ve got fond memories of the DTM”

Some celebrity guests from Formula 1 will attend the finale of the DTM (18th-19th October 2014) at the Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg – former Formula 1 and DTM drivers Jean Alesi and David Coulthard will guest in Hockenheim, along with MERCEDES AMG PETRONAS Formula 1 driver Lewis Hamilton.

Hamilton, Alesi and Coulthard certainly know their way around the DTM paddock. During 2004 and 2005, the Formula 1 world championship title contender lined up in the Formula 3 Euro Series which is a support series to the DTM. Hamilton won the championship in 2005 in a Dallara Mercedes prepared by ASM, taking 15 wins and 17 podiums from 20 races. Hamilton was at last year’s DTM finale in Hockenheim.

“I’ve got fond memories of the DTM under whose banner I spent two years lining up in the Formula 3 Euro Series,” said Lewis Hamilton. “I’m looking forward to seeing old acquaintances and friends once again. Mercedes-Benz gave me the opportunity to try out a DTM car for the first time last year. The car was very powerful, and driving it was a lot of fun, even on a wet track.”

Alesi and Coulthard both lined up in the DTM with Mercedes-Benz. Alesi competed in 51 DTM races for Mercedes-Benz between 2002-2006. During that time, he secured four wins, seven podiums and three pole positions. The winner of the 1995 Canadian GP notched up a total of 122 points in the DTM.

Coulthard switched to the DTM for the 2010 season, competing in 33 races until 2012. Before joining the DTM with Mercedes-Benz, the winner of 13 grands prix between 1994 and 2008 contested 246 Formula 1 races. He finished the 2001 season as championship runner-up with McLaren Mercedes.

(Source: media.daimler.com, Stuttgart, Oct., 2014)

Last edited by 954Stealth; 10-14-2014 at 03:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #3
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Audi has a driverless RS7 that they will race around Hockenheim at this finale.

Quote:

"The car, dubbed the Audi RS7 Piloted Driving Concept, will perform a demonstration lap at around 12.45pm local time on October 19 (9.45pm, October 18 AEDT). The event will serve as part of the curtain raiser to the last race of this year’s DTM season and will be live streamed on the internet via the company’s website.

According to Audi, the computer driven RS7 will reach speeds of up to 240km/h on the track in Germany’s south-west. Testing, so far, indicates that the autonomous Audi RS7 will complete a lap of the 4.6km track in a smidge over two minutes.

This, Audi claims, will make the RS7 prototype almost as fast as if it were driven by a professional racing driver.

The company has yet to detail what technology the driverless RS7 will use to pilot itself near “its physical limits with millimetre precision” around the Formula One and DTM circuit.

It’s expected that RS7 Piloted Driving Concept will be powered by the same 412kW/700Nm 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 as regular human-driven RS7s. Power will be channeled to terra firma via an eight-speed automatic transmission and the company’s quattro all-wheel drive system."

Last edited by 954Stealth; 10-14-2014 at 03:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
N55Jamaican
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90 LCI

I am so looking forward to this. Enjoyed Zandvoort (NL), 28th September 2014 so much. Thanks for sharing
      10-14-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
BCMgunner
Private
Rep
Drives: M4 - MG, DCT, Steel Brakes

It's been a great season!

Looking forward, with eager anticipation, to this race! As long as it doesn't rain (Mercedes does well when wet this year), Rockefeller may be the only one team BMW need watch out for.

Let's go BMW!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 03:54 PM   #6
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totalelectronics View Post
I am so looking forward to this. Enjoyed Zandvoort (NL), 28th September 2014 so much. Thanks for sharing
No Prob

What is the mysterious new series Audi plans to compete in?

What is the new 'pillar' that Audi plans to add to their racing program? Audi AG released a peculiar statement today, giving very little insight into what the new venture may be.

"With the DTM, the FIA WEC and GT racing the successful motorsport commitment of AUDI AG is currently based on three mainstays. 2015 will see the addition of another pillar."

Seeing that they said 'another pillar' after naming WEC, we can virtually rule out a GTE program. The car is teased in the photo above, which closely resembles an Audi TT.

The car may compete in an Audi TT Cup that will replace the dying Scirocco Cup, which could serve as a training ground for future Audi drivers in GT racing.

(read the rest here: http://www.motorsport.com/general/ne...ram-next-year/)

Last edited by 954Stealth; 10-16-2014 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 01:20 PM   #7
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

QUOTES FROM AUDI BEFORE HOCKENHEIM II

Mattias Ekström (36/S), Red Bull Audi RS 5 DTM #7 (Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline): “It was a great feeling to wake up as the winner on the morning after Zandvoort. I’d like to enjoy this moment again after the finale at Hockenheim. In second place, I had a good start of the season in May. Now I’d like to finish another place further at the front.”

Jamie Green (32/GB), Hoffmann Group Audi RS 5 DTM #21 (Audi Sport Team Rosberg): “The last race of the year is a special event for all of us with a unique atmosphere. I’ve won the finale twice before in my career. We’ve got a strong car and have got what it takes to win if everything perfectly fits together. As on any weekend, we’re going to give our best.”

Miguel Molina (25/E), Audi Sport Audi RS 5 DTM #8 (Audi Sport Team Abt Sportsline): “The season opener in May was positive for our team, and so was the past race weekend – that’s why we’re tackling the finale on a positive note as well. I promise: we’re going to work hard in order to score a lot of points for Audi.”

Edoardo Mortara (27/I), Audi Sport Audi RS 5 DTM #15 (Audi Sport Team Abt): “The weekend at Zandvoort was turbulent and successful. That further stimulates our excitement about an impressive finale with a large crowd of fans.”

Nico Müller (22/CH), Audi Financial Services Audi RS 5 DTM #22 (Audi Sport Team Rosberg): “I’ve got special memories of Hockenheim because that’s where I contested my first DTM race in May. For me, it’s also a kind of home race which additionally pleases me. I’d like to continue the good qualifying performance from Zandvoort and convert it into a good race result at the end of the season.”

Mike Rockenfeller (30/D), Schaeffler Audi RS 5 DTM #1 (Audi Sport Team Phoenix): “Hockenheim marks the end of a season of which I obviously had completely different expectations. This doesn’t change my motivation in any way: I’d like to give everything again in the finale. I’ve long digested the frustration from Zandvoort where a victory would have been possible.”

Timo Scheider (35/D), AUTO TEST Audi RS 5 DTM #2 (Audi Sport Team Phoenix): “We all know: a good race, a good result or maybe even a victory makes life a lot more pleasant during the winter break. A podium position would already have been possible in the season opener. It shows us that our car is strong at Hockenheim. I’d like to show a strong weekend for Audi, for my team and for all the fans.”

Adrien Tambay (23/F), Playboy Audi RS 5 DTM #16 (Audi Sport Team Abt): “With the pole position and third place in the first race this was a bit of a dream start of the season for me. Consequently, I’m particularly eager to return to Hockenheim now after a long and exciting season.”

Dieter Gass (Head of DTM): “The victory at Zandvoort has given us additional tailwind for attacking again at Hockenheim. The title of the best manufacturer is our aim – we’re going to jointly battle for it. The pole position clinched by Adrien (Tambay) in the season opener at Hockenheim showed that our RS 5 DTM works well on this track.”

QUOTES FROM MERCEDES-BENZ BEFORE HOCKENHEIM II

Christian Vietoris (25, Germany, Original-Teile Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “It’s already now the last race of the season in Hockenheim. I’m pleased that we’re still in contention for second place in the overall standings at the finale, despite a tough year. The track in Hockenheim has a bit of everything. You have to be hard on the brakes and have good traction, especially on the long runs. Generally speaking, you need a car that is well balanced in every respect at Hockenheim. As far as we’re concerned, the finale is about finishing the season with a decent result and continuing to learn as much as possible for next year.”

Pascal Wehrlein (19, Germany, gooix Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “My second DTM season is fast coming to a close in Hockenheim. It’s the finale and my 20th DTM race. It seems like only yesterday that I was lining up for the first time last year in my C-Coupé on the DTM grid at Hockenheim. I’ve learned a lot since then and have continued to improve. My aim this season was to consistently finish in the points and maybe achieve a podium or two. Of course, after having a tough start, I would never have thought that I’d do enough to secure my maiden win. I now intend to finish my second DTM season with another positive result in Hockenheim.”

Robert Wickens (25, Canada, FREE MAN’S WORLD Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “It’s been a difficult year for Mercedes, but the second half of the season has gone pretty well for me, having scored points in the last three races. Hopefully, we can finish the season in the same way we’ve been doing in the last few rounds and continue to score points. We have a new car for Hockenheim and with a bit of luck, we can challenge for strong points and maybe a podium.”

Paul Di Resta (28, Scotland, DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “I’m looking forward to the last race. I definitely would like to go out on a high for the season finale. It’s been a tough year but I want to thank everyone in the team for their efforts. I look forward to good times ahead. In Hockenheim, we’ll do what we can in front of our home crowd to bring home a good result. After that, we’ll focus on next year.”

Daniel Juncadella (23, Spain, Petronas Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “Hockenheim is the perfect place for the DTM finale. It’s a home race for Mercedes-Benz and the atmosphere in the stands is always fantastic. I really like the track. When setting up the car, you have to find a compromise for the narrow Motodrom and the longer straights. As far as racing goes, I was pleased with my charge up the field in Zandvoort from P21 on the grid to eighth place. My goal this time is to qualify further up front and then finish the season in Hockenheim with a real sense of achievement, as I did last year.”

Gary Paffett (33, England, EURONICS Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “Obviously, I’m looking forward to Hockenheim. I hope that we’re going to be more competitive than we have been in the previous races. We’ve got some small updates on the car. The chances are that we’ll be a little bit faster, which is good. Hockenheim is a circuit I know very well. I’ve won there many times. So I have a lot of experience of driving there. I’m going there with a positive view and hoping that we can really challenge at the front of the field.”

Vitaly Petrov (30, Russia, DTM Mercedes AMG C-Coupé): “It’s Hockenheim again already and the final race of my first season in the DTM. How time flies! However, it also means that, for the first time, I’ll be racing on a track where I’ve already completed a DTM race. I know there’s still room for improvement in all areas, but the last race in Zandvoort proved to me that we can fight for points. However, we need a decent quali to do that. Hopefully, we can have a satisfactory session this weekend. I’m keen to finish my first DTM season with a positive result.”

Toto Wolff, Mercedes-Benz Head of Motorsport:
“Hockenheim marks the culmination of a tough season for our team. After the season opener there, we promised to do everything in our power to improve our performance during the course of the year. So far, we’ve achieved that to some extent. We have not yet fully lived up to our expectations and are still not quite where we want to be, namely, in contention for race wins and the title. However, we have proved that our team can excel, especially when faced with difficult conditions, as this year in Oschersleben, at the Norisring and at the Lausitzring. We can build on that. The season finale at Hockenheim is our home race. Consequently, we want to put on an exciting race this weekend and produce a fine finish to the season for our many colleagues and fans in the stands. Immediately after that, though, we must devote ourselves completely to the new season.”

Last edited by 954Stealth; 10-15-2014 at 01:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Audi's Head of DTM Dieter Gass has warned BMW that his RS5 machines will be going all out at this weekend's Hockenheim finale to snatch the manufacturer's title away from the defending champions!

(Read it here: http://www.crash.net/dtm/news/209813...dtm-crown.html )

Not gonna happen! I think BMW will take the title again this year
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #9
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

The final DTM weekend of year Hockenheim is right around the corner again!

First track action roll out Fri 16.45.

FP Sat 09.00 &11.15 Qualifying 14.45

Race Sun 14.00
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #10
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Last edited by 954Stealth; 10-16-2014 at 06:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 05:44 PM   #11
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

There still are 25 points to be awarded and thanks to his win at Zandvoort, Audi’s Mattias Ekström holds a 12-point lead over Mercedes driver Christian Vietoris. Meanwhile, Edoardo Mortara also still may hope for finishing second in the championship – the Audi driver’s gap to his team-mate Ekström amounts to 13 points. The battle between BMW and Audi for the manufacturers’ title also is far from being over.

BMW holds a 21-point lead and consequently, they are in a promising position to add a third triumph to the drivers’ and team titles already won. “We had pour slight problems when it came to the constancy, this year,” admits BMW ace Timo Glock. “Usually, only one of our cars made it to the top positions.

This weekend, however, it must be our goal to get as many cars to the points as possible.” It goes without saying that the Audi camp is determined to prevent the BMW drivers from doing so. ‘We definitely have to score 22 points at least as we can’t catch up in the number-of-wins area,” says Dieter Gass, Audi Sport’s head of DTM. “This will be a difficult task for us – but realising it isn’t impossible.”

(motorsport.com)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 05:58 PM   #12
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 07:52 PM   #13
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

@Dackelone Nice!! I love the classic races

Speaking of love, let's look again at the DTM Grips Girls and the lovely Petra

Last edited by 954Stealth; 10-16-2014 at 08:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 08:07 PM   #14
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Here they are talking about racing flags

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 06:42 AM   #15
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Getting ready for lots of guests. Rainy start but sun starting to come out. Roll out 16.45

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 06:44 AM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #17
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Mercedes-Benz and EURONICS extend partnership in the DTM

Stuttgart, Oct 17, 2014

• Mercedes-Benz and EURONICS will line up again together in the 2015 DTM season

•Third year of successful partnership with EURONICS, one of Germany’s leading buying groups in the consumer electronics sector

•Gary Paffett to line up again in EURONICS Mercedes AMG C-Coupé

Mercedes-Benz and EURONICS, one of the leading buying groups in the German consumer electronics market, intend to continue their successful partnership. Since the start of the 2013 DTM season, EURONICS have been the main sponsors of the blue EURONICS Mercedes AMG C-Coupé with the yellow star driven by Gary Paffett. With 20 wins to his name, the Briton has achieved the most wins of any driver currently active in the DTM.

EURONICS and Mercedes-Benz appeared together as partners at a number of joint events held during the 2014 season. The International Consumer Electronics Fair (IFA) in Berlin was one of last year’s highlights. The EURONICS trade stand revolved around the DTM. The group invited visitors to its stand to participate in a ‘trend race’ and to try out the racing simulator, which, of course, was also tested by Gary Paffett. A EURONICS Mercedes AMG DTM car was also on display in Berlin at their stand.

Benedict Kober, Member of the Board at EURONICS Deutschland eG: “This joint cooperation with Mercedes AMG in motor racing is a great success for EURONICS. Sponsorship increases awareness of our brand and gives it an emotional dimension. Of course, we would like to be higher up the standings this season, but that’s ultimately what makes motor racing so interesting, that it is very difficult to predict how the series is going to progress. The main point is that both EURONICS and Mercedes share the desire to always do their best and so, we will start the new 2015 season with that in mind.”

Wolfgang Schattling, Head of Motorsport Marketing Communications: “We aim to develop long-term partnerships in the DTM and are delighted to continue our successful cooperation with EURONICS next year. EURONICS is a strong brand whose values ​​perfectly fit our own. Having the best possible technology and being passionate about always doing your best play a key role both in motor racing and in the consumer electronics market. I am certain that we will be able to implement more exciting joint projects in our third year to our mutual benefit.”
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 09:36 AM   #18
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

DTM says "Forza Jules" along with the rest of the motorsport community

Total support for Jules Bianchi at Hockenheim with all BMW Motorsport drivers carrying #ForzaJules on their helmets this weekend

Last edited by 954Stealth; 10-17-2014 at 02:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 10:35 AM   #19
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

USA Broadcast: CBS Sports Network

Outside USA:

Outside USA:

Live Timing: http://live.dtm.com/timing/dtm
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #20
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Photo time!!

Appreciate 0
      10-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #21
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
No Prob

What is the mysterious new series Audi plans to compete in?

What is the new 'pillar' that Audi plans to add to their racing program? Audi AG released a peculiar statement today, giving very little insight into what the new venture may be.

"With the DTM, the FIA WEC and GT racing the successful motorsport commitment of AUDI AG is currently based on three mainstays. 2015 will see the addition of another pillar."

Seeing that they said 'another pillar' after naming WEC, we can virtually rule out a GTE program. The car is teased in the photo above, which closely resembles an Audi TT.

The car may compete in an Audi TT Cup that will replace the dying Scirocco Cup, which could serve as a training ground for future Audi drivers in GT racing.

(read the rest here: http://www.motorsport.com/general/ne...ram-next-year/)

Answer:

Audi Sport TT Cup from 2015 in DTM environment.

Ingolstadt - With a dedicated racing series for the Audi TT the brand with the four rings will be offering a new opportunity to enter the company’s successful motorsport world. The Audi Sport TT Cup will be held as part of the DTM starting in the 2015 season.

This means that, following the successful introduction of the Audi R8 LMS Cup in Asia, Audi is launching another one-make cup in Germany next year. The racing version of the new Audi TT with a weight of only 1,125 kilograms delivers 228 kW (310 hp). By means of a so-called push-to-pass function the output of the two-liter TFSI engine can be briefly boosted by 22 kW (30 hp).

Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 07:13 AM   #22
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

DTM Practice 2, Hockenheim - Results:
1. WIT
2. HAN
3. MOL -

WIT: 1.