E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Anyone own a German Sheperd???? Need ur hep....

09-04-2009, 08:16 PM   #23
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
The Orijen dog food appears to be really high quality. I might have to switch over to that for my dogs.
      09-05-2009, 02:13 AM   #24
10M3MAN
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Nissan Altima SER

Royal Canin for my English Bully
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 05:33 AM   #25
Glacked
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328i

My GSD "Zoe" is 12yrs old and still going strong. She can't last an entire run with me these days but is still playful. Science Diet since day one. Small amounts of table scraps - whatever I eat, she eats. Take her for regular runs/walks. And she loves swimming - had a Chessie she'd follow to hell and back. She's one of the reasons I bought a new truck last year - nothing more fun for her than nose in the wind out in the country. She'll eat the hell out of some carrots, too. She also loves fruit... odd.

I think everyone has "the one" dog during their lifetime. Mine is this one. Good luck with yours. You're gonna love it. I echo the crate training advise. It'll seem a bit cruel till you leave the door open and they crawl in there to hang out without being asked.

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 06:04 AM   #26
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

^^what a beauty!!!

i buy my food from Three Dog Bakery for my pitbull. All natural. I'm not sure if there is one around you. http://www.threedog.com/
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #27
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Hey guys, thank you for the replies and suggestions.... I actually contacted the breeder and she told me she was using Royal Canin. Was soo glad since they sell it next door to my store. He seems to love it. Also bought him a bunch of treats from wellness. He seems to prefer the chewey ones over the cracker type ones.
So, I have spent basically one whole day with him and I am already absolutely in love with him. Hes incredible. So smart its not even funny. Im pretty sure it has something to do with his breeder but he only pees in the sewer drain and poops in one spot when he has to... The first thing he did when I gave him his toys he took all of them one by one and put them all in a corner, lol. As if he were hiding them... Took him to the vet today. The breeder demanded I did within 48hours of having him.... The vets reply? Hes a champ. Got a couple of shots and everything else without saying a "bark". Its crazy what kind of joy they can bring to a family.... i can just sit outside and watch him for hours. thats how entertaining he is...

here r a couple of pics..

Beautiful pics of ur shepherds btw, for the 2 members who posted them....

OH and btw, dont mind the girl with her face exprssion, he had basically hit her in the face with his paw lol.....
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 12:42 AM   #28
choicez
Major
Rep
Drives: you mad

^^i think you got yourself the pick of the litter!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2009, 12:48 AM   #29
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
feed him a healthy supply of intruders
hahahahahahahaha!

"The diet of champions."

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 10:47 AM   #30
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Ras al-Khaimah
Rep
Drives: Slow E90

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
make sure you buy alot of chew toys
      09-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #31
Wolf-e92
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Royal Canin is a great food. Since that's what your breeder had him on, I would stick with it. GSDs are notorious for having sensitive digestive systems so the more consistent you are the better (assuming he's doing fine on RC). Our 2 year old GSD eats "Taste of the Wild" (as another poster mentioned) and he does great on it.

You should follow the crating advice too. Our guy took right to it, never eliminated in it and we still have it in the house today although it is never closed. He still sleeps in there or just goes in to escape the hustle and bustle of the house whenever he feels like it.

You will love your GSD. They are extremely smart, fiercely loyal and tough as nails. I let mine outside when the kids are playing and he never leaves the yard or leaves them unattended. I can rest assured that no one is entering the yard with him on duty.

Name:  Dog 4.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  221.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0263.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  106.9 KB
Appreciate 0