E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Blackberry or iPhone

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
Blackberry 12 34.29%
iPhone 23 65.71%
Neither 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

09-07-2009, 12:37 PM   #1
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep
Drives: a gr3at whit3 5hark

Hey

Theres probably many thread on this but ill ignore them. I need this done for my Ethnographic and Marketing Research class so if you could help me out id really appreciate it

just simple...Blackberry or iPhone and why. write anything you want but please dont be write stupid comments

Thanks!

(ps i might have another thread regarding these two but not sure yet)

fuck i shouldve added a poll
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: m

Garage List
iphone. Its got my music, movies, internet, mail, and thousands of apps all in one. Syncs with mobileme and so my home computer and phone are always in sync and able to update eachother.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
oldaccount
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

iPhone. Everything else is for retards.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

iphone = phone to dick around on
blackberry = gets shit done
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 01:02 PM   #5
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

PM your choices and I'll add the poll.
      09-07-2009, 01:24 PM   #6
hhkim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 335d

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
BB because iphone doesnt support push email unless you have yahoo email (useless) or mobile me (more than its worth) or microsoft exchange server (fail.) Plus iphone banned google voice app but its available on blackberry ... on the same network.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 01:31 PM   #7
nmulax
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 M Coupe

Garage List
2007 Z4M Coupé  [7.66]
BB, because the iPhone's not available on Sprint
      09-07-2009, 01:44 PM   #8
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

the whole blackberry vs iphone argument is useless anymore. new blackberry software does everything the iphone does PLUS blackberry messenger. so what that you can't get some stupid gyro sensor activated gun program that makes cool noises, that's not what a blackberry is for. i'm in IT and an iphone is useless to me as most of my communication is done via email. not only do i get push email, but i get a full keyboard to answer them on. i'm not just saying that my blackbery is better because i have one, i'm saying this because i had an iphone once for a couple weeks before i returned it for another berry. if your work is email-centric, the iphone will do nothing but frustrate you. touchscreen fails.

btw, bold on at&t with the latest fireware, visual voicemail, bbm 5.0, and the newest facebook app is ftw. all my contacts sync with facebook and bbm. everything essentially updates and loads automatically, with their profile pics attached to everything.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
the whole blackberry vs iphone argument is useless anymore. new blackberry software does everything the iphone does PLUS blackberry messenger. so what that you can't get some stupid gyro sensor activated gun program that makes cool noises, that's not what a blackberry is for. i'm in IT and an iphone is useless to me as most of my communication is done via email. not only do i get push email, but i get a full keyboard to answer them on. i'm not just saying that my blackbery is better because i have one, i'm saying this because i had an iphone once for a couple weeks before i returned it for another berry. if your work is email-centric, the iphone will do nothing but frustrate you. touchscreen fails.

btw, bold on at&t with the latest fireware, visual voicemail, bbm 5.0, and the newest facebook app is ftw. all my contacts sync with facebook and bbm. everything essentially updates and loads automatically, with their profile pics attached to everything.
Everybody that rags on the iphone has a blackberry for business. Isnt that what the point of all the mac/pc commercials are about. I dont need a business phone. I want movies, music, internet and apps easily synced and updated with my computer. BB doesnt do that better then the iphone for me.
Different phones for different purposes.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
Everybody that rags on the iphone has a blackberry for business. Isnt that what the point of all the mac/pc commercials are about. I dont need a business phone. I want movies, music, internet and apps easily synced and updated with my computer. BB doesnt do that better then the iphone for me.
i have to carry a laptop everywhere i go anyway, that's what it's for. nice, big 17" screen to watch movies on far surpasses a little palm-sized screen.

i'm not hatin', i'm just sayin'.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
deletedelete
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i have to carry a laptop everywhere i go anyway, that's what it's for. nice, big 17" screen to watch movies on far surpasses a little palm-sized screen.

Yeah but I dont need to carry a laptop. I can carry a pocket size computer much easier then a laptop. I haven't seen a bb that can manage my music, movies, internet, apps, easier then the iphone. But I use my phone only for entertainment. I have no idea how it would hold up in a business environment.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #12
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep

thanks everyone! keep them coming!
there should be a poll added in soon

thanks again!

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

I phone. Period. Why anyone tries to justify other devices is silly. The iPhone works in ways the other companies have all copied, hence the comments like "It does everything the iPhone does." I have traveled the world with my iPhone, and it's apps are outstandingly useful, even in the bathroom I can get my pop and IMAP email just fine, and both sync flawlessly with my work account, for those times I am not in the office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

I've got both: An iPhone 3GS for personal use, and a Blackberry provided by my employer. I've used a Blackberry for years, and if I could dump this piece of shit in the toilet and leave it, I would. I started when they were the only mobile email solution, but the voice side was total crap. They've made many improvements over the years, and I'd say the introduction of the iPhone has clearly caused RIM to step up their game.

People always roll out the "Blackberry has PUSH email capability, which is critical." Bullshit. What is the difference between telling my iPhone to check for new mail every five minutes, or having my Blackberry push it down? I don't even have my Blackberry set to alert me when new emails arrive. Why? Because you don't need to be looking at the damn thing every 30 seconds to see "Is that an email or a phone call?"

If someone needs to communicate something time-sensitive or critical, they should not ever rely on email or even SMS, but should actually CALL and speak live with the person. If additional information needs to be communicated via email or SMS, that is fine.

Internet access, at least on my Blackberry (Verizon 8830) is shit. The browser has issues with many websites, and it is slow as hell. When I'm out and about for business, I reach for the iPhone when we need directions, food recommendations, or I need to make travel changes. The Blackberry just can't compete in that arena. That is, at least the Blackberry I've got, and the ones I've used for the past 6 years.....

For playing games, listening to music or watching movies as I travel for work, the iPhone absolutely crushes the Blackberry.

Now, I will also say that I believe Apple hates their customers because of some of the things they do that are not "consumer-centric." They do love their customers bank accounts though. The inability to change the battery in an iPhone is a huge negative, as is the inability to take external memory expansion (microSD, SD, etc.)

Also, Apple's policies with regards to the App store and not approving certain applications that compete with their own products is total crap. I hate Safari and would rather have Firefox on my iPhone. But I doubt that Apple would approve it, just like they didn't approve Google Voice, so Mozilla isn't bothering with development.

Neither platform is perfect, but I prefer the iPhone.
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #15
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:

My work laptop's battery doesn't provide enough juice for even one 90 minute movie! I'm not going to pack along two laptops on a business trip, or a small DVD player, and there is no hope of getting a new laptop from work. Hell, we just, and I mean JUST upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows XP on our work laptops!

So, having a small device to watch movies on is my only real solution, especially since it doesn't increase the amount of crap I have to carry around...
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2009, 04:18 PM   #16
OOO
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: in the slow lane

Iphone and its not even close. As of right now the Iphone is above every phone that is currently on the market.
      09-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #17
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowess Symphony View Post
fucking this
      09-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #18
MCMLXXXIX
wat
Rep

bump lol
if anyone has something to say

2012 Toyota Highlander SE - PAST - 2008 e92 335i, 2006 e90 325i
Appreciate 0