E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > First time in Europe Amsterdam, Tips + Recommendations for NYE?

11-12-2014, 02:35 AM   #1
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

Thumbs up First time in Europe Amsterdam, Tips + Recommendations for NYE?

Hi all,

Heading out to Amsterdam Dec. 19th- Jan 3rd. Also was thinking of flying to London and Paris (for the new year). Wanted some travel recommendations as far as what to expect, where to have fun, traveler tips, etc.

Things I like to do:
Party/club scene
Bar hopping
Nature/outdoor stuff during the day
Food (allergic to seafood)

On my list so far I have glow golf in Amsterdam haha. Any advice of where to go within my 16 days and what is the most efficient of flying from place to place would be great. Taking off from LAX and flying back to LAX on the dates above.

Also, would love to go to a rave/edm type event for NYE. I had my eye on "Freaqshow" at the Ziggo Dome Amsterdam but would love to be in London or France for the NYE, Germany could be an option too! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

M-Sport | BMW Performance | Beige l Piano Black l Sport l Premium l Heated l Navi | Steptronic l Comfort Access l Logic7 l iPod & USB |
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 03:14 AM   #2
9 amini
BMW Love
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 335i

Anne Frank house and Van Gogh Museum are two tourist spots in Amsterdam.

We went to Restaurant Max when we were in Amsterdam. Pretty good food.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 09:16 AM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
Hi all,

Things I like to do:
Party/club scene
Bar hopping
Nature/outdoor stuff during the day
Food (allergic to seafood)

Also, would love to go to a rave/edm type event for NYE. I had my eye on "Freaqshow" at the Ziggo Dome Amsterdam but would love to be in London or France for the NYE, Germany could be an option too! Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amini9 View Post
Anne Frank house and Van Gogh Museum are two tourist spots in Amsterdam.

I sense a disconnect here.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 09:24 AM   #4
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Go to a brothel and report findings.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 09:50 AM   #5
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

You're going for a decent amount of time, so you'll be able to cover 2 to 3 cities and get a decent feel for them. My parents live in Amsterdam, and there's plenty to do there. I've been to a few clubs there, and the scene is good if you hit the right spots. I would recommend Jimmy Woo's. Nothing like a tranny interviewing you before they let you in. Should be fun being an American though; I hope they give you a hard time The lights downstairs are amazing. Enjoy a casual reach around! De Melkweg is highly rated, but wasn't my thing. I assume you've been to Supperclub in LA? They have one in Amsterdam too. I personally prefer setting over a traditional club, but to each his own.

Then again, I'd never go to Europe to go clubbing. But I can see why it might be fun as a tourist. I always enjoy eating at Cinema Paradiso. Get the Sgroppino as a dessert.

There are a million things to see in London, Paris and Amsterdam. You don't really need recommendations from us. Just pick up a Dorling Kindersley guide mate.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 10:42 AM   #6
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

Start off your New Year with a bang!

And I don't mean that "bang"...
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2014, 12:14 PM   #7
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

In that order.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #8
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
You're going for a decent amount of time, so you'll be able to cover 2 to 3 cities and get a decent feel for them. My parents live in Amsterdam, and there's plenty to do there. I've been to a few clubs there, and the scene is good if you hit the right spots. I would recommend Jimmy Woo's. Nothing like a tranny interviewing you before they let you in. Should be fun being an American though; I hope they give you a hard time The lights downstairs are amazing. Enjoy a casual reach around! De Melkweg is highly rated, but wasn't my thing. I assume you've been to Supperclub in LA? They have one in Amsterdam too. I personally prefer setting over a traditional club, but to each his own.

Then again, I'd never go to Europe to go clubbing. But I can see why it might be fun as a tourist. I always enjoy eating at Cinema Paradiso. Get the Sgroppino as a dessert.

There are a million things to see in London, Paris and Amsterdam. You don't really need recommendations from us. Just pick up a Dorling Kindersley guide mate.
Thanks for all the info guys/gals! Greatly appreciated.

Any BIG EDM or rave events going on in Europe besides Freaqqshow in Amsterdam? Any other clubs will be appreciate as well! Also, when you mention "casual reach around" what do you mean by that haha.

M-Sport | BMW Performance | Beige l Piano Black l Sport l Premium l Heated l Navi | Steptronic l Comfort Access l Logic7 l iPod & USB |
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 08:40 PM   #9
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

Red Light District
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 11:08 PM   #10
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigon View Post
Thanks for all the info guys/gals! Greatly appreciated.

Any BIG EDM or rave events going on in Europe besides Freaqqshow in Amsterdam? Any other clubs will be appreciate as well! Also, when you mention "casual reach around" what do you mean by that haha.
That another young, skinny man might cop a feel as the lights dim and flash, temporarily distracting you. But by then, the act is complete.
Appreciate 0