E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What gets to you?

Closed Thread

11-20-2014, 10:38 AM   #1409
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Law
Awesome. I LOVE legal work/the legal field.
I'm sure I watched every season of Law and Order: SVU and there is nothing more fun then reading...while I play on the internet.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2014, 11:02 AM   #1410
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Sara,

I hope you got an aisle seat on the plane. I also hope you have a pacifier for your baby (forgot the gender) Your baby's ears will HURT when the plane changes altitude. You can't tell a baby (very well) to yawn to relieve the pressure. Popping the pacifier into their mouth will have the same effect.

Or M&M's, but I think it's a little early for that. My mom let the soldier in the seat next to us use that for me when we had to travel from DC to LA when I was 18months.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2014, 11:06 AM   #1411
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Sara,

I hope you got an aisle seat on the plane. I also hope you have a pacifier for your baby (forgot the gender) Your baby's ears will HURT when the plane changes altitude. You can't tell a baby (very well) to yawn to relieve the pressure. Popping the pacifier into their mouth will have the same effect.

Or M&M's, but I think it's a little early for that. My mom let the soldier in the seat next to us use that for me when we had to travel from DC to LA when I was 18months.
I requested isle (flying coach this time) if shes sitting in the same spot she can get very upset and start crying so getting up and walking around the house helps instantly. I figure being able to get up and walk up and down the isle will help her.

Does anyone know if they have microwaves on the Delta's Boeing 737? I always have my "food" served hot in first class so Im assuming the answer is yes and they dont have it stored on heat packs. I wonder if they would let me use it to heat up bottles.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #1412
NickBlaine
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Yes, yes it is Nickblane.
I see what you did there.....
Appreciate 2
      11-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #1413
adobeee
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X6 M50i

What gets to me? Service businesses that don't understand the services industry.

https://in.news.yahoo.com/blogs/dail...173327314.html
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2014, 12:29 PM   #1414
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

When I ask someone a question over imessage and it says "read" and its almost 12 hrs later and no response. Asshole.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #1415
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Aren't you black? Do they like to talk about the "good ol' days" when they had their water fountains and blacks had theirs?
Seriously, there has been some racial remarks here and there. I used to let it go by because i didn't want drama but lately i've been setting them straight whenever a racial remark is made. I need my respect. People will only respect me if i'm bold and talk to their face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
You and me both! There are a few younger people that work here, but they are all up in the front cubes, and I'm in my office tucked in the back near the machines. All the operators have been here for ages, and I'm over here being 24 and shit.

Pretty sure if I picked up a rock, I could throw it across this whole town.
Haha, this town is so small. I want to work in city with rush hour traffic
(crazy i know), sky scrappers, young people, etc. That's why i go to NY every other weekend to hangout with friends.

Quote:
You would love my office. You work your own hours as long as you pull at least 40 a week. Overtime is allowed. (Everyones hourly since we all used to be salary but too many times numerous people would only work 20-25 hrs) Stay clocked in for lunches..lunch bought daily on the company CC. Play on internet. Light work load. Overly paid. Bonus (and not just a couple hundred. My biggest bonus was 18k ((before taxes) Wear whatever you want as long as you look nice. Jeans on Friday, but as long as you wear designer jeans you can wear that on any day of the week. 15 paid vacation days plus 7 personal days. Gossip all day.
That's a pretty cool job. This job has some cool perks tool. I can come in whenever-whatever day i want. The only rule is that i must do 80hrs every 2 weeks. There's absolutely no dress code. Our Senior Director of RA and QA wears a damn short to work everyday even if there's 3ft of snow.

It's just boring AF, when i come in the morning, i ask, did anyone watch the game last night? They all look dazed, like they've never heard of NFL or MLB/NHL/NBA before. They don't go to movies, they don't know any modern song/artist, they dont know any trending news... these old geeks with their thick glasses are stuck in the 60s lol
      11-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #1416
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
It's just boring AF, when i come in the morning, i ask, did anyone watch the game last night? They all look dazed, like they've never heard of NFL or MLB/NHL/NBA before. They don't go to movies, they don't know any modern song/artist, they dont know any trending news... these old geeks with their thick glasses are stuck in the 60s lol
so what DO they do?
like talk about the moon landing or the Cold War etc.?
Appreciate 2
      11-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #1417
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

They talk about taking the trolly to the candy store where they could buy 10 pieces of candy for 10 cents. Then they would talk about how they forget what they were talking about, and then it's likely they shit themselves without knowing, and then fall asleep mid sentence.
Appreciate 2
      11-20-2014, 12:49 PM   #1418
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Who has my pants!!!

Wait, why did I come in here?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 01:09 PM   #1419
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
When I ask someone a question over imessage and it says "read" and its almost 12 hrs later and no response. Asshole.
I saw your FB message for a booty call, but I was busy.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #1420
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Or when it does that thing where you know they are typing and its there forever like they're writing a whole book and then the message is just "ok".
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #1421
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Seriously, there has been some racial remarks here and there. I used to let it go by because i didn't want drama but lately i've been setting them straight whenever a racial remark is made. I need my respect. People will only respect me if i'm bold and talk to their face.
I know the feel. Sometimes, I'm not sure they realize how offensive and racist they are unless you point it out to them.
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2014, 01:21 PM   #1422
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
so what DO they do?
like talk about the moon landing or the Cold War etc.?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
They talk about taking the trolly to the candy store where they could buy 10 pieces of candy for 10 cents. Then they would talk about how they forget what they were talking about, and then it's likely they shit themselves without knowing, and then fall asleep mid sentence.
That's what they talk about, moon landing, Watergate scandal and their first computer only had 2KB ram.

To make things even more interesting, two of them hate kids. One has been married 30+ yrs but no kids. He told me that if he had a child, he will let the baby die because he can't be bothered to be awaken at 2am to feed a crying baby.

The other one, cut off his balls because the Women he was 'dating' (not married to) but the Woman he was dating told him she doesnt want kids, so he went in for a Vasectomy, she later left him and got married to another guy and has kids. So my co worker is here sad, depressed, single and ball-less
      11-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #1423
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
How often to people refer to you as that "nice young African American man" - and you're Indian?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 01:37 PM   #1424
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
That's a pretty cool job. This job has some cool perks tool. I can come in whenever-whatever day i want. The only rule is that i must do 80hrs every 2 weeks. There's absolutely no dress code. Our Senior Director of RA and QA wears a damn short to work everyday even if there's 3ft of snow.

What kind of work is it?

My job is boring AF. I must work 830 to 530 and I can't leave any earlier than 530. Since it's a support position I'm not busy unless work comes in. I have literally been at work for 9 hours and seen 1 email come in that i have to work on. Sometimes less than 5minutes of work. Trust me, it aint fun
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 01:39 PM   #1425
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisar82 View Post
What kind of work is it?

My job is boring AF. I must work 830 to 530 and I can't leave any earlier than 530. Since it's a support position I'm not busy unless work comes in. I have literally been at work for 9 hours and seen 1 email come in that i have to work on. Sometimes less than 5minutes of work. Trust me, it aint fun
You need to read reddit man. Keeps me sane and I always have something to read.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #1426
Uber V8
Volcano Knuckles
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE

When you have to pee and/or shit REALLY bad and you finally make it to the public restroom door and it's LOCKED because someone is in there.

Oh that feeling just breaks my heart.

OR

when you're driving and the car behind you honks at the car in front of you and the car in front of you thinks you're an asshole for honking.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #1427
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisar82 View Post
What kind of work is it?

oh damn!

I work as a software engineer. When i was at Sikorsky, you must work from 9AM to 3PM but even that is not as bad as yours.
      11-20-2014, 02:00 PM   #1428
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
You need to read reddit man. Keeps me sane and I always have something to read.
Yea I ususally am on my phone looking for car parts to buy. and bimmerpost isn't blocked at all so thank god for that. I can also listen to music whenever I want. I mean if you think about it it's not that bad but not ideal by far
Appreciate 2
      11-20-2014, 02:03 PM   #1429
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
oh damn!

I work as a software engineer. When i was at Sikorsky, you must work from 9AM to 3PM but even that is not as bad as yours.
Yea that's honestly a dream for me right now to be able to leave at 3pm, that is until I find something I enjoy, in which case I wouldn't mind working a bit longer
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 02:45 PM   #1430
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
oh damn!

I'm a tooling engineer, and I must work from whenever I go in, until whenever I decide to leave. It's bullshit. I go in late and leave early, then I write myself up, then I have to deal with Billup HR, and that guy is a real fucking dick trust me.

I left at 2pm today, because the internet was going slow and I had to poop.
Appreciate 2
Closed Thread