E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > So I bought a 11' corvette!

02-20-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

So I bought a 11' corvette!

I'm a previous owner of a Accord sedan V6 05' . It was a great saloon and it served me well . Nevertheless after almost 6 years of driving a sedan, it was time for me to jump into the ''two door ship'' aka coupe as now I could afford it. I'm not that rich but hey this is a huge leap for me.

I really wanted a 335i but for some special reason, it was around $10-12K more then a Corvette. I didn't even consider the M3 because it was around $35K more then a vette. I think BMW's agent AGMC here in the Emirates, are also charging for the free maintenance service. You would call them greedy and unfair but hey, I don't blame them as they have the sole agency for BMW for UAE(except Abu Dhabi). So if it were me in their place I too would jack up the prices.

Anyway, I had narrowed it down to Camaro SS or a Corvette C6. I sat in the Camaro and it looked great in spite of the cheap interior. But I had a problem. I had to ask my Dad's opinion as I felt it was important.
He found the Camaro to be a real UGLY car
But he spotted the Corvette and wanted to get it for me. I explained to him that the Vette has a really outdated shape, 2seats and its going to get a complete redesign but he stuck to his opinion and added, the camaro doesn't look decent. The Corvette looks a lot better then Camaro.

I really respect my father so I decided that his opinion counts. I knew I was going to lose a lot on this car when I sell it off after 3-5yrs but it didn't matter. The car looks and sounds right to me as well. So I pushed the pedal and went for it. And all I can say is HOLY TORQUE....this car is a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know it was that quick and it is so much better then the Camaro.

I thought my dad didn't know squat about cars but after this decision, I admit, I'm glad I was wrong.
Attached Images

Last edited by OBI_agent; 05-03-2011 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Boost Gomez
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Congrats on the purchase.
      02-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quite a jump from a V6 Accord.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
I'm a previous owner of a Accord sedan V6 05' . It was a great saloon and it served me well . Nevertheless after almost 6 years of driving a sedan, it was time for me to jump into the ''two door ship'' aka coupe as now I could afford it. I'm not that rich but hey this is a huge leap for me.

I really wanted a 335i but for some special reason, it was around $10-12K more then a Corvette. I didn't even consider the M3 because it was around $35K more then a vette. I think BMW's agent AGMC here in the Emirates, are also charging for the free maintenance service. You would call them greedy and unfair but hey, I don't blame them as they have the sole agency for BMW for UAE(except Abu Dhabi). So if it were me in their place I too would jack up the prices.

Anyway, I had narrowed it down to Camaro SS or a Corvette C6. I sat in the Camaro and it looked great in spite of the cheap interior. But I had a problem. I had to ask my Dad's opinion as I felt it was important.
He found the Camaro to be a real UGLY car
But he spotted the Corvette and wanted to get it for me. I explained to him that the Vette has a really outdated shape, 2seats and its going to get a complete redesign but he stuck to his opinion and added, the camaro doesn't look decent. The Corvette looks a lot better then Camaro.

I really respect my father so I decided that his opinion counts. I knew I was going to lose a lot on this car when I sell it off after 3-5yrs but it didn't matter. The car looks and sounds right to me as well. So I pushed the pedal and went for it. And all I can say is HOLY TORQUE....this car is a monster!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't know it was that quick and it is so much better then the Camaro.

I thought my dad didn't know squat about cars but after this decision, I admit, I'm glad I was wrong.
You open this thread with "So I bought a 11' covette!", and include, "But he spotted the Corvette and wanted to get it for me."

Nice car, but forgive me for being mislead.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
You open this thread with "So I bought a 11' covette!", and include, "But he spotted the Corvette and wanted to get it for me."

Nice car, but forgive me for being mislead.
It's good to be in Dubai.

Also, I question the wisdom of buying the last MY Vette in the C6 generation -- especially a non-wide body version (GS, Z06, ZR1).

At any rate, congrats on the purchase (regardless of purchaser).
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post

Also, I question the wisdom of buying the last MY Vette in the C6 generation -- especially a non-wide body version (GS, Z06, ZR1).
The C7 isn't due until 2013 CY. The C6 has 3 more model years( 2011, 2012, and 2013).
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 12:34 PM   #7
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
I really wanted a 335i but for some special reason, it was around $10-12K more then a Corvette. I didn't even consider the M3 because daddy said no.
I think this is how this paragraph should of read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post

At any rate, congrats on the purchase (regardless of purchaser).

If you want to come on and brag about the car dad bought for you, fine do so. Just don't hold back when admitting who really made the purchase. I truly wish I had someone else pockets lined of money that I could piss away, and you could bet your dads bottom dollar that I'd come on here and brag about it to, but give credit where credit is due.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

I don't think he came off as being conceited at all? Whatever, haters gonna hate...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 01:29 PM   #9
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenry135 View Post
I don't think he came off as being conceited at all? Whatever, haters gonna hate...
I don't think I mentioned anyone being conceited at all?

If I were his pops and came on here and happened to read this, I'd be a little upset that he tried to pass it off as if he was buying the car on his own dime.

Ahh, haters gonna hate, the defense of the defenseless.

Besides the fact that I did congrats in the first post, the car that he 'really wanted' I've owned 2 of, so I fail to see my comment as 'hating'. Though I'll say it again, nice car, just give credit where credit is due.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 02:02 PM   #10
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
The C7 isn't due until 2013 CY. The C6 has 3 more model years( 2011, 2012, and 2013).
Didn't realize that. If true, then my bad.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
I'm with you. I see nothing wrong with this thread.

Enjoy your car!
      02-20-2011, 02:11 PM   #12
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
If you want to come on and brag about the car dad bought for you, fine do so.
Quote:
Besides the fact that I did congrats in the first post, the car that he 'really wanted' I've owned 2 of, so I fail to see my comment as 'hating'. Though I'll say it again, nice car, just give credit where credit is due.
Whose bragging now?
      02-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
MzSpeed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: zoom-zoom

congrats on the new car . My mom got me a dam eco box

Quote:

If I were his pops and came on here and happened to read this, I'd be a little upset that he tried to pass it off as if he was buying the car on his own dime.

Why care so much about who bought the car for him. The fact that he said he couldn't afford the car he wanted and acknowledge that his dad provided the financial help and advice to get the car makes him a straight up guy to me. i have a thread titled "i finally bought a zoom-zoom" in a mazda forum and in that thread i acknowledge that my mom provided the financial help so that could be why i dont see anything misleading with this thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #14
Elie335i
Legit :)
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335Is/320i both coupe.

congrats man
      02-20-2011, 03:32 PM   #15
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

Quote:

You said that he made this thread to brag about a car his dad bought for him... If that's not you calling him conceited, then I guess I don't know the definition...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #16
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

What a dickwipe. When saying something to the outside world, it isn't me or my dad, its "US" or "I". If you cannot make yourself say it, you had an unhappy childhood.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #17
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
+100000

Nice car! Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 08:36 PM   #18
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep

Lol, flamers gunna flame then huh.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 10:35 PM   #19
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Congrats on the new Vette.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #20
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Congrats OBI! Huge step up!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #21
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Now quick, buy this wbk

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #22
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Now quick, buy this wbk

Not diggin the double vents, but DAMN that rides low. I'd be afraid to even try to make it out my driveway. Very sexy though! Bruce Wayne's DD.
Appreciate 0