E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > So I bought a 11' corvette!

02-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #67
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Since 1953 that 'kit car' has been Americas premire Sports Car. From that day to the present the Corvette has been a cherished icon and has taken many checkered flags in sanctioned races around the globe and has earned the respect of those in the know. Those who arent, make silly, immature comments.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 12:09 PM   #68
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Turbo Festiva

To all the haters out there. The Vette is a real sports car the M3 is not. Bang for the buck you can't beat it. My only (beef) with the car is that around here when you drive a Vette automatically people start associating you with drugs or any other shady activites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 08:07 PM   #69
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix View Post
Best kit car GM ever made!
...and one that blows away that chick car that you drive IN EVERY CONCEIVABLE way (looks, performance, balls, et al)
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 09:35 PM   #70
NYCMCBM3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2012 MCB E92 M3

great car bro congratsz!
      02-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #71
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre01SS View Post
It was a fun ride, yeah. I had it cammed out, dumped true-duals, 315s out the back. Sold it to get the Z06.

The Vette was raw as well, but I sold it because I was so busy at the time, I really wasn't getting to enjoy the car, and wanted to get back into road-racing (motorcycle). The Vette became a SUV & Streetbike.

Later on, sold the SUV and got the 335. Kept it for a little over a year, but sold it because of a business I'm starting right now.

The 335 had all the bells and whistles, and it was easier to push than the Vette. On the other hand, the Z06 was just raw power/performance, and in the end, more fun overall - I miss the Z more than any of them.

You're in good hands with the C6
315s at the back...now I need some of that...lol...even this basic C6 is so powerful that I lose control..GOD, this car is insane.

ZO6 is and will remain ....I love the raw crackling exhaust note of the 7.0 V8....pure awesomeness ..lol.

Man, good luck with the business ....I hope everything goes well for you.
      02-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #72
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Best kit car GM ever made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
Since 1953 that 'kit car' has been Americas premire Sports Car. From that day to the present the Corvette has been a cherished icon and has taken many checkered flags in sanctioned races around the globe and has earned the respect of those in the know. Those who arent,
make silly, immature comments.
Did he mean it in a offensive way..?? Anyway, F**K that...I don't care.For this sort of money, CORVETTE is the best car I could ever buy. I'm really loving it

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtla4 View Post
To all the haters out there. The Vette is a real sports car the M3 is not. Bang for the buck you can't beat it. My only (beef) with the car is that around here when you drive a Vette automatically people start associating you with drugs or any other shady activites.
Lol....so I'm a gangster ..lol. Good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycE93M3 View Post
great car bro congratsz!
It feels nice that a M3 owner appreciates a Corvette. Thanks man
      03-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #73
TheRox
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
You open this thread with "So I bought a 11' covette!", and include, "But he spotted the Corvette and wanted to get it for me."

Nice car, but forgive me for being mislead.
in some cultures, dad buying and you owning is the same thing

no differentiation

i once saw someone on this website who said they sold their bmw to their parents...who the hell does that?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:52 PM   #74
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post

Lol....so I'm a gangster ..lol. Good one.

Well put it this way...even a lowly 128I puts you in the baller category in Quebec. 50% of the cars here are compacts Mazda 3,corolla etc. When you see a nice car especially vettes you look shady.

Quote:
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:53 PM   #75
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post

i once saw someone on this website who said they sold their bmw to their parents...who the hell does that?

I would, I'm not balling enough to giveaway cars..I need my trade in value. Well you can always sell it cheaper then to a stranger but giving it away not a lot of guys can do that around here.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #76
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
How soon we forget about the Shelby Cobra which actually beat Ferrari, the Ford GT and GT 40, not to mention a smattering of others in limited production.

Sorry, but the fiberglass phallus doesn't cause me to bow down.

Transverse leaf springs? Puuuuhhhhleeeeze!

Since 1953 the Corvette has been in production non stop(except one year). The Cobra was a couple year flash in the pan, the GT the same but even shorter production run and the GT 40 which was a dedicated track car with less than 10 street legal detuned versions. As good as they were, all gone, short lived limited production vehicles. Corvettes have taken more checkered flags than all of them together, and still doing so and it will continue. America's Sports Car.

Funny how some love to point out the leaf springs on the Vette yet drive cars who cant keep up with one when the road starts to turn. Your 135 would be left smoking in a tire barrier trying to turn like a C6 on a track. Forget about the straights all together! You might as well keep it parked. Puuuuhhhhleeeeze! that!

Often times fear and jealousy comes across as hatred and disdain. Thats you.

Last edited by NYC6; 03-02-2011 at 10:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 01:31 AM   #77
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Well put it this way...even a lowly 128I puts you in the baller category in Quebec. 50% of the cars here are compacts Mazda 3,corolla etc. When you see a nice car especially vettes you look shady.
Hmm, I dunno what to say but aren't people aware of what corvette are priced at? Its not like its a 100k car.
Anyway, there are loads of corvettes around here so its ok to own a Corvette in Dubai. I'm more of a commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRox View Post
in some cultures, dad buying and you owning is the same thing

no differentiation

Might I add, a little more attention to the thread will give all the answers you seek

Quote:
I would, I'm not balling enough to giveaway cars..I need my trade in value. Well you can always sell it cheaper then to a stranger but giving it away not a lot of guys can do that around here.
This.

Last edited by OBI_agent; 03-08-2011 at 03:02 AM..
Appreciate 0