E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What MJ Was Trying to Tell Us

06-25-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
Cyber
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08

What MJ Was Trying to Tell Us

Thank you MJ.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
Synergy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92

i was actually listening to this earlier today at work haha

i think it's a great song
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

What happened to the prior posts from this thread?

Is this censorship via the beliefs of the mods that some can't express their views while others can? Deleting posts and threads if the mods disagree with some thoughts and views. Way hypocritical don't you think?

Those posts that others made were legit and more than likely truthful and a bit funny too.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post

Is this censorship via the beliefs of the mods that some can't express their views while others can? Deleting posts and threads if the mods disagree with some thoughts and views. Way hypocritical don't you think?

Those posts that others made were legit and more than likely truthful and a bit funny too.
They deleted it because it was classless. It's not censorship, this website is private. If you dont like the way mods treat you, you can go somewhere else.
      06-26-2009, 12:32 PM   #5
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:

humm, southlight perhaps?

I must say, when I heard MJ was dead, I thought...thats about right. If you can put the pedophilia allegations aside, the guy had a sad and pathetic life. He was surrounded by enablers who just cared about their next pay day. They are the ones who killed him…he is better off.

RIP
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #6
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
humm, southlight perhaps?

I must say, when I heard MJ was dead, I thought...thats about right. If you can put the pedophilia allegations aside, the guy had a sad and pathetic life. He was surrounded by enablers who just cared about their next pay day. They are the ones who killed him…he is better off.

RIP
See I think you have put the blame on the wrong people.
His "sad and pathetic" life is the life HE choose.
The people that surrounded him were people HE choose to surround himself with. They didn't "kill" him. He was rich, famous, and at one point powerful, he made the decisions and brought the attention onto himself. He keep claiming to be shy and all that, but then dressed up like a weirdo, dressed his kids like a weirdo, hacked up his face, dyed his skin, straightened his hair, did everything he could to change who he really was, and then make a spectacle of it.
He choose to surround himself with little boys, he choose to allow them to sleep in his bed.
He made his choices, he ran that ship.

Nobody killed him.
As for what really did, who knows. A heart attack from a guy who danced all the time, ate good, and exercised is RARE, but can happen. Was it drug related? Who knows, but I'll put money on the fact, if it was, his family will pay off the coroners office to be quiet about it and say he died of natural causes.
I'd be SHOCKED if they say it was anything other than "natural causes due to cardiac arrest" (though that may be the case, but extremely rare in a 50 year old man that is in very good shape his whole life and ate well.)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

^Dude, it's chose, not choose, and yes, he chose the people he wanted to be with, however, he does NOT choose their actions. If they were just taking advantage of him, how would he know?

It is sad that in this day and age, you can't simply entrust someone blindly based on their first impressions, because in the end, everyone is not who you think they are.

It doesn't really matter anymore, no one knows what really occurred and the person who was involved is no longer living.
/end.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
See I think you have put the blame on the wrong people.
His "sad and pathetic" life is the life HE choose.
The people that surrounded him were people HE choose to surround himself with. They didn't "kill" him. He was rich, famous, and at one point powerful, he made the decisions and brought the attention onto himself. He keep claiming to be shy and all that, but then dressed up like a weirdo, dressed his kids like a weirdo, hacked up his face, dyed his skin, straightened his hair, did everything he could to change who he really was, and then make a spectacle of it.
He choose to surround himself with little boys, he choose to allow them to sleep in his bed.
He made his choices, he ran that ship.

Nobody killed him.
As for what really did, who knows. A heart attack from a guy who danced all the time, ate good, and exercised is RARE, but can happen. Was it drug related? Who knows, but I'll put money on the fact, if it was, his family will pay off the coroners office to be quiet about it and say he died of natural causes.
I'd be SHOCKED if they say it was anything other than "natural causes due to cardiac arrest" (though that may be the case, but extremely rare in a 50 year old man that is in very good shape his whole life and ate well.)
I agree with you, and I personally don’t care one way or another about MJ, I have never been a fan of his, and I thought he should fry for molesting children.

I also agree that he made his bed (his own life choices), but if you stand back and look at his life (which was his own doing) it is pretty sad. Money does not buy happiness.

Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully, the people around him enabled him and he killed himself. The problem, IMO, with that kind of fame is that nobody can or will tell you ‘the truth’ they just tell you what you want to hear, and give you what you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

The first time he invited little boys over to the house, (I would bet that it truly did start of innocent enough) somebody should have said, ‘ok, its getting dark outside it is time for the kids to go home because they should not be staying in a house alone with you’

For Christ sakes, look at the man’s face, if that plastic surgery isn’t a cry for help I don’t know what is, the doctor should have said no.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #10
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
^Dude, it's chose, not choose, and yes, he chose the people he wanted to be with, however, he does NOT choose their actions. If they were just taking advantage of him, how would he know?

It is sad that in this day and age, you can't simply entrust someone blindly based on their first impressions, because in the end, everyone is not who you think they are.

It doesn't really matter anymore, no one knows what really occurred and the person who was involved is no longer living.
/end.
Oh sorry about the typo, good thing you were there to correct that it..

Yeah, clearly he does not choose the actions of the people around him, but he chooses the people around him.
And I don't know about you, but if someone is taking advantage of me, I can usually tell it.
Michael was not stupid, if the people around him, that HE chose, were taking advantage of him, you remove those people.

And you are right, it doesn't really matter anymore.
But it was just irresponsible of someone to say "the people around him killed him" Gimmie a break. Unless they pulled out a gun and shot him or stabbed him or drugged him, they didn't kill MJ. MJ could of surrounded himself with his family, but he chose not too. He often alienated them too.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:06 PM   #11
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

We still don't know if he was trying to "become white" or if he had "a skin condition" ....

As a musician - one of the greatest that I've come to appreciate. I mean...the guy set 4 trends in his first music video...

As a person - It was sad what occurred...but it doesn't really matter to me anymore...

I remember him as he was, not who he became...

The king of pop
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:07 PM   #12
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
We still don't know if he was trying to "become white" or if he had "a skin condition" ....
It was more of a mental condition then a skin condition.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:13 PM   #13
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I agree with you, and I personally don’t care one way or another about MJ, I have never been a fan of his, and I thought he should fry for molesting children.

I also agree that he made his bed (his own life choices), but if you stand back and look at his life (which was his own doing) it is pretty sad. Money does not buy happiness.

Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully, the people around him enabled him and he killed himself. The problem, IMO, with that kind of fame is that nobody can or will tell you ‘the truth’ they just tell you what you want to hear, and give you what you want.
It's all good.

Funny thing is, and I know most here probably won't believe it, is I was a fan of MJ.
I did and do listen to his music.
I still have many of his songs in my Itunes and Ipod.

He was brilliant in that regard and did tremendous things for the world. But then he fell off his rocker. Did the things he did with his and other people's children and well, as a person I disagreed with him and decided I didn't care for his ways.
Heck he treated his friends like crap, out bidding his friend Paul MaCartney for the rights tot he Beatles. How shitty was that?
You don't do that to friends, especially when that friend WAS the main ingredient in the Beatles.

I will still listen to his music, but about 12-14 years ago, MJ lost it and harming children is inexcusable to me. Too many celebrities get away with stuff, and so it's no surprise he got away with what he did to children, buying off people and so forth. To me though, it didn't matter, he was done. If others want to accept that as OK in their minds, that's their problem, and a problem it is.
To say to a 12 year old boy that's not yours, "if you love me you'll sleep in my bed" that's sick and demented in the head. And he did say those words, it's in an interview.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:14 PM   #14
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It was more of a mental condition then a skin condition.
+1
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:17 PM   #15
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:

This is not about beliefs, it's about tact. This is not the time to denigrate, but to show respect and to be humble. I sincerely hope you understand this.

As can be seen even in this thread most people seem to agree.

Best regards,
south
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #16
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
This is not about beliefs, it's about tact. This is not the time to denigrate, but to show respect and to be humble. I sincerely hope you understand this.

As can be seen even in this thread most people seem to agree.

Best regards,
south
I didn’t read the posts in question, but I don’t doubt that they lacked tact.

However, some people do not deserve to be shown respect just because they are dead.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #17
bolinp78
G35 convertee
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i (AW)

Quote:
However, some people do not deserve to be shown respect just because they are dead.
Says you.

It's a good thing that most people in this world hold a different opinion.

It's one thing if you are talking about a serial killer that brought nothing meaningful to the world (only destruction), but we are not talking about someone like that.

Whether you liked his music or not, whether you respected him as a person, I'm glad that our society is generally very good about respecting recently passed individuals. Something is still sacred in this world.
      06-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #18
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
I really hope people would let him in peace from now on....
He was the greatest artist and my idol when I was young and still is.
People with sick minds who want to know every bit of celebrities' lives should get their own lives....

MJ was the shit.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 01:41 PM   #19
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolinp78 View Post
Says you.

It's a good thing that most people in this world hold a different opinion.

It's one thing if you are talking about a serial killer that brought nothing meaningful to the world (only destruction), but we are not talking about someone like that.

Whether you liked his music or not, whether you respected him as a person, I'm glad that our society is generally very good about respecting recently passed individuals. Something is still sacred in this world.
I didn’t say I felt this way about MJ I don't care, I said SOME people don’t deserve respect.

Maybe some of our fellow posters have been a victim of a pedophile and they have strong feelings about MJ and his (yes I know, alleged) abuse of children.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #20
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Maybe some of our fellow posters have been a victim of a pedophile and they have strong feelings about MJ and his (yes I know, alleged) abuse of children.
or maybe they're just trolls.
      06-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #21
StrifeM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13E92 MCB M3 18 F80M3 Atlantis

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
or maybe there just naive....

Quote:
Originally Posted by e1000 View Post
After buying the M, I now consider oil companies drug dealers.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #22
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post

Wow, so now you brush off the possiblility that some people might have been victims of child molestation and abuse, or know people who have and just write it off and suggest they are just trolls. Talk about insensitive, naive and tactless.
Man you need help.
Appreciate 0