E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim Discussion

12-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #67
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

The vendors sell them or mobs drop them, i didn't see glass arrows till I was like lvl 30ish. As far as making them "flaming" you have to enchant fire on your bow.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #68
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Aw, I still a lowly lvl 13.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #69
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
i would love to play skyrim - too bad it crashes to a black screen after some minutes - seems like i cant fix it - and then i would need more time to play

i like that there is a light armor better than the glass armor available since i am into assassin/archery characters

last tes game i played was morrowind

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #70
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Just finished the main quest on my 1st character at level 40, I don't wan't to drop any spoliers but there is a lot left open as I didn't get a feel of closure. The game became way to easy in the end with my heavy armor, dual sword wielding, frost cloaked warrior!

Started my 2nd character, a pure destro mage. I think I'll be putting the difficutly all the way up for this one. Now I'm debating wether to go up the alteration or conjuration tree.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #71
bigbacon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 03 Z4

i'm at level 5 and just been doing nothing but exploring. So far I am totally just archery + hand 2 hand.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 03:15 PM   #72
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Well I just started up a full destro mage.....how quick it is to level up after you did a complete playthough already. Within 2 hours I was level 5 and had about 3k gold. Question for you mages, did you guys level up Alteration to help with armor spells.....or go with something like Conjuration or Illusion? My Destruction is leveling too quickly and I think I need to start dumping into something else other than Destro or Alchemy. Enchanting doesn't seem to help a mage too much, as you find gear with huge enchants and Light Armor/Smithing are pointless.

*Retired Level 40 Nord Spellsword
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 06:59 PM   #73
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

I've encountered some bugs in the game, where I complete a quest, but when I go back to the character who initiated the quest, their dialogue menu doesn't pop up and they just keep repeating the same line. It's happened mostly with the characters in the College on Winterrun. I can't buy things from them or get any training. Anyone experience this and know why this happens?

Other than that, I'm on level 42 and feel like I have only experienced half the game so far. I'm trying to complete the side quests mostly. I'm spending a lot of time finding different followers and arming them up to become indestructible companions.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 08:08 PM   #74
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
I've encountered some bugs in the game, where I complete a quest, but when I go back to the character who initiated the quest, their dialogue menu doesn't pop up and they just keep repeating the same line. It's happened mostly with the characters in the College on Winterrun. I can't buy things from them or get any training. Anyone experience this and know why this happens?
Once you have the quest to go into Labyrinthian (sp?) and retrieve the staff, they don't have a dialogue with you again until you've completed that quest. They're too pre-occupied with the events surrounding that quest line.

On a bug note... Anyone seen a dragon glitching out yet? Flying backwards, FPS drops like mad etc.

Had to restart and avoid the area.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2011, 11:12 PM   #75
Tranic335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post

Other than that, I'm on level 42 and feel like I have only experienced half the game so far. I'm trying to complete the side quests mostly. I'm spending a lot of time finding different followers and arming them up to become indestructible companions.

this happened to me on the Thieves Guild quest and I just bashed the guy with my bow and he gave out the dialogue.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 02:33 AM   #76
skinrock
Agent Smith
Rep
Drives: 2016 i8

Garage List
2016 BMW i8  [10.00]
I ran into a purple dragon yesterday. Thought it was special until I realized it was just missing the textures.
      12-12-2011, 02:37 AM   #77
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
I ran into a purple dragon yesterday. Thought it was special until I realized it was just missing the textures.
lmao
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 07:14 AM   #78
Fox128i
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82

Garage List
2012 128i  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinrock View Post
Just wait until you run into a flying mammoth. I am not joking folks...

Was climbing up a hill near Whiterun, turned to my right and there she was, heading straight up like a rocket and then back down to the ground. I decided to go investigate and ran into a rather hostile giant. Odd...
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2011, 12:03 PM   #79
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Once you have the quest to go into Labyrinthian (sp?) and retrieve the staff, they don't have a dialogue with you again until you've completed that quest. They're too pre-occupied with the events surrounding that quest line.

On a bug note... Anyone seen a dragon glitching out yet? Flying backwards, FPS drops like mad etc.

Had to restart and avoid the area.
Thanks for the advice. That worked for me. The Labyrinthian was pretty intense.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 01:01 AM   #80
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
so, finally my friend set up my computer and the game is up and running without chrashing!

walk with the shadows!

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 10:00 AM   #81
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolution80 View Post
so, finally my friend set up my computer and the game is up and running without chrashing!

walk with the shadows!
My computer use to be an adventurer, until it took an arrow in the knee.
      12-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #82
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
My computer use to be an adventurer, until it took an arrow in the knee.
LOL

That's a good one
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #83
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

So I have been on vacation and I am now 96.49.14 hours into this game. It's amazing, and I love it. I've seen some of the crazy glitches like swords floating in mid air and the like, but I don't care. I love the music etc. I am officially addicted. Any DLC out yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #84
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
So I have been on vacation and I am now 96.49.14 hours into this game. It's amazing, and I love it. I've seen some of the crazy glitches like swords floating in mid air and the like, but I don't care. I love the music etc. I am officially addicted. Any DLC out yet?
My thoughts exactly (except the EXACT hour count). Great game
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #85
brocken
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3MC

I'm really hoping the content adds on to the main story. Maybe something about the Dominion.
The side quests were all really great and involving but the main quest just seemed kinda short.
I'd love to play more but need deeper content to get me back in there.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 04:07 PM   #86
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocken View Post
I'm really hoping the content adds on to the main story. Maybe something about the Dominion.
The side quests were all really great and involving but the main quest just seemed kinda short.
I'd love to play more but need deeper content to get me back in there.
+1 Totally agree. I'm on my 2nd level 50 character and very bored with the game. I find myself trying to assasinate jarls and causing havoc on orc camps because there is nothing more to do. My archer has become so strong (no resto potion glitch or editing), I can 1 shot dragons while in sneak. I need an expansion ASAP or I'm going back to Oblivion.

Skyrim has made leaps and bounds over other Elder Scrolls, however they are heavily lacking in content and slightly dumbed the game down.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #87
jasonn
JDM Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
... I can 1 shot dragons while in sneak. ...
DAMN!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2012, 11:57 AM   #88
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
DAMN!
650 base damage Daedric bow / 55 fire damage enchant / paralyze enchant

Dragon scale armor all with 50% bow damage / sneak

Sneak with bow does x3 multiplier. I can get higher damage if I drink a 300% archery potion.

*I used crafting gear (smithing/alchemy) + potions (smithing/enchanting) to create evertyhing. Skills are 100 smithing/100 enchanting/70 alchemy/100 Archery/ 70+ sneak
** I didn't use the fortify restoration potion glitch. If you use this glitch, it will ruine the game. You can make an infinite damage bow and other crazy gear.

Last edited by Syndicategt; 01-06-2012 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0