E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Super Bowl XVII predictions!!

01-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #89
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

as an outsider, i never knew what Super Bowl actually was. I just thought it was some bowling tournament
      01-26-2013, 10:57 PM   #90
Lifted07Duramax
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW red 335i coupe

Do people in the UK that are on here get the super bowl in their country? Or do you even care
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2013, 11:16 PM   #91
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EINSER M View Post
if SF takes it CALI is where its at

NHL Kings
MLS Galaxy
MLB Giants
NFL 49ers?????
Lakers are out of the running.
      01-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #92
EINSER M
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw1racer View Post
Lakers are out of the running.
sadly so
long long shot for the clippers
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #93
kevinle
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Have to go with baltimore with this one. They were picked to lose against denver and new england by 9 and look where they are now
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #94
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinle View Post
Have to go with baltimore with this one. They were picked to lose against denver and new england by 9 and look where they are now
it wont be the same against the 49ers, new england and denver were both finesse teams, the 49ers are a power running/pistol team. Baltimore isnt good against the run anymore and the 49ers are shredding just about everyone for huge gains on the ground. The Niners should be able to control the line of scrimmage pretty easily
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #95
Minefield
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Car

Joe flacco is just a better alex smith. Gonna be a blowout for the niners.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 12:55 PM   #96
goalieman24
Rep
Drives: S4, 335i shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKap08 View Post
it wont be the same against the 49ers, new england and denver were both finesse teams, the 49ers are a power running/pistol team. Baltimore isnt good against the run anymore and the 49ers are shredding just about everyone for huge gains on the ground. The Niners should be able to control the line of scrimmage pretty easily
Maybe finesse teams... but one of those finesse teams was the #2 defense and had 38 put up on them, and the other was the #1 offense and only managed 13 points.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #97
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

should be intersting. just dont want a blowout. not sure who i even want to win.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 01:40 PM   #98
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
should be intersting. just dont want a blowout. not sure who i even want to win.
+1. Should be a good game regardless.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 01:45 AM   #99
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalieman24 View Post
Maybe finesse teams... but one of those finesse teams was the #2 defense and had 38 put up on them, and the other was the #1 offense and only managed 13 points.
The ravens have had New Englands number recently, everyone has figured out how to stop the patriots, its just about execution. The Broncos had a HUGE letdown on defense at the end and Peyton gift wrapped them that int in overtime.

I honestly think the 49ers will run it all over the ravens defense. I havent seen an offensive line this dominant in quite some time. I know im biased because im a life long 49er fan but regardless of everything i just said. This will be a good game....at least better than last year
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #100
goalieman24
Rep

Quote:
The ravens have had New Englands number recently, everyone has figured out how to stop the patriots, its just about execution. The Broncos had a HUGE letdown on defense at the end and Peyton gift wrapped them that int in overtime.
Everyone has?? Is that why only 4 teams(Baltimore twice) beat them this year? They don't give stats to a team because they thought they knew how to beat them. It's like saying, "the Jaguars should've been in the superbowl this year... they just didn't execute."
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #101
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Everyone has?? Is that why only 4 teams(Baltimore twice) beat them this year? They don't give stats to a team because they thought they knew how to beat them. It's like saying, "the Jaguars should've been in the superbowl this year... they just didn't execute."
Every team in the NFL has enough talent to beat any team. The only problem is execution, if the offensive line can't make the right read on whose blitzing, if the quarterback can't figure out where the safety is, if a defensive back misses a tackle, etc. NFL teams are so evenly matched its all about chemistry and being able to go out there and run a play or series of plays effectively. Stats never give insight to how good or bad a team really is. The ravens beat the pats 2x this year, but they also lost 6 games against some crappy teams. It isn't because those teams have better players, it's because on that day they were able to execute on offense/defense enough to win the game.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #102
tbone28
vvvvvvvvvvvvvv
United_States
Rep
Drives: ^^^^^

#QuestforSix
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #103
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
#QuestforSix
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #104
Lifted07Duramax
Major
Rep

Not saying the niners can't lose because they can but have you guys seen what Kaepernick is doing now? This kid is just getting better and better and he's really coming through in the offseason.
I see him and Gore really confusing the Ravens Def and Im sure have a plan to lure Lewis in and fake him out.
Harbaugh is a smart guy and so is Kaepernick I see it going good for the niners.

I sure hope so cause I have some badass signed jersey kaepernick cards that I want to resell for a big profit lol
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #105
goalieman24
Rep

Quote:
Every team in the NFL has enough talent to beat any team. The only problem is execution, if the offensive line can't make the right read on whose blitzing, if the quarterback can't figure out where the safety is, if a defensive back misses a tackle, etc. NFL teams are so evenly matched its all about chemistry and being able to go out there and run a play or series of plays effectively. Stats never give insight to how good or bad a team really is. The ravens beat the pats 2x this year, but they also lost 6 games against some crappy teams. It isn't because those teams have better players, it's because on that day they were able to execute on offense/defense enough to win the game.
I don't exactly agree with most of that.
Do all NFL teams have some talent? Yes. Do they all have close to the same amount of talent? No way. Those things you mentioned about the o-line blocking, QB finding the safety, etc might be partially about execution, but the talent still has to be there. A talented QB will find the safety and execute... a lesser talented QB won't. The lesser talented guy might know how to execute a certain throw, but without the physical/football talents, he won't actually be able to do it. You often see teams filled with really good players that can execute, and those with average players can't steadily execute... rarely do you see it the other way around.

Which of the Ravens' 6 losses were 'crappy' teams?? Eagles, yes. All of the rest were teams that made the playoffs. Well, Pittsburgh wasn't... but they could play each other with records of 0-15 and 15-0 and the and there would still be no clear favorite.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2013, 05:50 PM   #106
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't exactly agree with most of that.
Do all NFL teams have some talent? Yes. Do they all have close to the same amount of talent? No way. Those things you mentioned about the o-line blocking, QB finding the safety, etc might be partially about execution, but the talent still has to be there. A talented QB will find the safety and execute... a lesser talented QB won't. The lesser talented guy might know how to execute a certain throw, but without the physical/football talents, he won't actually be able to do it. You often see teams filled with really good players that can execute, and those with average players can't steadily execute... rarely do you see it the other way around.

Which of the Ravens' 6 losses were 'crappy' teams?? Eagles, yes. All of the rest were teams that made the playoffs. Well, Pittsburgh wasn't... but they could play each other with records of 0-15 and 15-0 and the and there would still be no clear favorite.
yeah you do make sense in the sense of a talented player being able to execute more easily than a lesser player. I guess my biggest point to show how evenly balanced most NFL teams are the difference between the 2010 49ers and the 2011/12 49ers. The rosters were nearly identical, however the biggest change was in the coaching staff. A new Offensive, Defensive, and head coach were able to get the most out of their players. Specifically Alex Smith. He went from a bust to a VERY efficient passer and in the NFC divisional round against the saints, someone who could actually carry a team in the playoffs.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #107
SES_D
pewpew
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i

Niners will win. not only will they win, it will be a comfortable two TD lead.

mark my words.
      02-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #108
Lifted07Duramax
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
Niners will win. not only will they win, it will be a comfortable two TD lead.

mark my words.
Dont curse them you SOB, never make claims like that.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #109
Endless619
DHS
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4, 2020 Land Rover

Garage List
I am a Giants fan and this year the Giants were a better team than the 49ers at San Fran. Baltimore beat the Giants easy. So if you look at common opponents the Ravens win the Super Bowl easily. If the Giants weren't so lazy and made it to the post season they would have won it all again. Very weak teams in the playoffs this year.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #110
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
I am a Giants fan and this year the Giants were a better team than the 49ers at San Fran. Baltimore beat the Giants easy. So if you look at common opponents the Ravens win the Super Bowl easily. If the Giants weren't so lazy and made it to the post season they would have won it all again. Very weak teams in the playoffs this year.
LOL keep dreaming. The giants weren't weak last year? If I recall they BARELY made it into the playoffs. Get your facts straight. Maybe if you guys could actually run the ball or have a secondary that could cover recievers but you didn't. That's why you weren't in the playoffs. Not because they were lazy...
Appreciate 0