E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Clear turn signals

04-20-2014, 07:56 PM   #1
Kristipela
kpela
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

Clear turn signals

Any one have any experience with the bulbs. What would be the best ones to order, and the best place to order them from.
2008 335xi - LCI conversion - Satin Pearl White Wrap - Oss custom headlights - JB4 - (VRSF downpipes - Exhuast- Intercooler) - AA BOV - AFE Intake - Accuair E-Level Suspension - Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave - Shop of Choice (ACI Dynamix)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
ArcticRik
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: Arctic Metallic E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristipela View Post
Any one have any experience with the bulbs. What would be the best ones to order, and the best place to order them from.
I changed mine a few months back, I got them off Ebay for about $12 and its very easy to install, gets right of the yellow hue you see in the corners when looking directly at the car
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 12:11 AM   #3
Kristipela
kpela
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xborndaballx View Post
I changed mine a few months back, I got them off Ebay for about $12 and its very easy to install, gets right of the yellow hue you see in the corners when looking directly at the car
Do you remember what bulb it was?
2008 335xi - LCI conversion - Satin Pearl White Wrap - Oss custom headlights - JB4 - (VRSF downpipes - Exhuast- Intercooler) - AA BOV - AFE Intake - Accuair E-Level Suspension - Forgestar F14 Super Deep Concave - Shop of Choice (ACI Dynamix)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 08:25 AM   #4
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

That depends do you want to stay halogen or make the jump to LED?
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
Kristipela
kpela
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Knight_335 View Post
That depends do you want to stay halogen or make the jump to LED?
what you recommend ? I have the xenon lights to start with. I was looking at the gp thunder h7 as one of the choices. Anything better out?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 05:27 AM   #6
Dark_Knight_335
Came to the N55 Darkside
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 E93 M-Sport

Well I have some LED ONES that are pretty sweet. If you have mostly halogens (I assume you are pre-LCI based on the year of your car), you might want to stick to those.

Are you referring to the sidemarker signals on the fender, or the turn bulbs inside the headlights?

If the latter, I can tell you they're a MAJOR pain in the ass. It's some odd part that starts with a P...
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #7
Kristipela
kpela
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well I have some LED ONES that are pretty sweet. If you have mostly halogens (I assume you are pre-LCI based on the year of your car), you might want to stick to those.

Are you referring to the sidemarker signals on the fender, or the turn bulbs inside the headlights?

If the latter, I can tell you they're a MAJOR pain in the ass. It's some odd part that starts with a P...
yeah it looks like I'm going to order some h7 gp thunder drl bulbs. I am pre lci and i was talking about the turn bulbs inside the headlights. I can't find out what bulb it is, I was told you have to pull the bulb to be 100 percent since all different I guess
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2014, 08:59 PM   #8
Tashii_CakezZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i 'vert <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristipela
Quote:

yeah it looks like I'm going to order some h7 gp thunder drl bulbs. I am pre lci and i was talking about the turn bulbs inside the headlights. I can't find out what bulb it is, I was told you have to pull the bulb to be 100 percent since all different I guess
Hey there
I just swapped my turns for clear led's. I bought pw24w bulbs from umnitza. They look soooooo good!
Tip about taking the bulb out of the housing... It's a real pita, you have to turn it counter clockwise 1/8 of a turn and pull it straight out. It's a very slight turn.
Be careful though, turn it to much and you can break the tab.

You are going to have to go in from the fender which is another pita but the alternative is to pull your entire headlight unit out.
Appreciate 0