E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > They Really Do Only Give Loaners to Buyers

02-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
They Really Do Only Give Loaners to Buyers

I bought my car from a local BMW Dealership (name & address withheld!). I called them today about my radio/sound issues, as well as long crank times. They told me they had an appointment opening on Wednesday, so I took it.

Since I work 9-5, I inquired about a loaner car if the car had to stay with them. My inquiry was met with the question, "Did you buy your car here?" to which I replied, "Yes." He said, "No problem, we'll take care of you buddy."

I had often read on this forum that loaner vehicles were only given to people who had bought their car at that dealership. I didn't really believe it 100% until now. The fact that my question regarding a loaner was answered with another question regarding if I purchased my vehicle from them more-or-less proves it.

I would've thought that pushing the brand name or the brand image would've made this universal; that all dealerships will treat you the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Sam Da Man
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SPACE GRAY '07 328i Coupe

its really always different for each dealer..a dealership in princeton NJ is really nice, and honest people. He told me if they have A Bmw loaner avail then he would give me one even though i bought my car from LI, NY. Availible meaning he would put his customers that purchased vehicles there, first and if there is one left over he would give. .
Appreciate 0