Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Help with Alignment adjustment after drop

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-26-2014, 11:10 AM   #1
Dannyboy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Help with Alignment adjustment after drop

So I lowered my 06 Pre lci E90 this past saturday with an H&R touring cup, and am just waiting for it to settle to go back and get it aligned.

The tires and wheels I have are Conti DW 235/40/18 and 265/35/18 with VB3 9.5 et33 front and 9.5et22 rear.

When I was driving home I noticed I was rubbing on some big dips and bumps on the highway. After 3 days I don't notice rubbing on similar dips and bumps.
Could this have something to do with the settling? I was thinking maybe the natural camber is adjusting? Any ideas?

Just to be on the safe side I was debating either rolling the fenders or adjusting the neg camber. After researching a bit I noticed the max rear neg camber is -2.2.

I don't want too much camber in the back, as I'm, not a fan of too much camber. How bad would -2.2 look? And if I max out the back would I need to adjust the fronts to a specific setting to reduce any problems?

Or am I better off just doing a slight roll and running "normal camber for both front and back?

Lots of questions I know!
Appreciate 0