E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N52 misfire and ticking

04-25-2024, 06:38 PM   #1
Nick.le1
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i 6mt JPworkz 6266

N52 misfire and ticking

I just finished installing MILVS and now it’s misfiring and ticking very loudly. I tried unplugging coils and the sound was only unchanged when unplugging cylinder 5. I swapped coils and the problem seems to still be cylinder 5. I triple checked the fuel injector plugs to make sure they were seated. I did have a lot of trouble installing MILVS on cylinder 5, I didn’t turn the engine enough and the cam wasn’t in the right spot but I didn’t know any better and continued to force the new support in. During the process one of the rockers looked like it was loose while I was trying to force the support in. I’m starting to feel a little in over my head. Any insight on what my next steps should be would be very appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2024, 06:39 PM   #2
Nick.le1
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i 6mt JPworkz 6266

Took the valve cover back off and saw one leg of the spring for cylinder 5 was not seated on the rocker arm (don’t know if that’s the right name) the spring was rest on the camshaft and has some grooves but the lobes are fine. Put everything back together but still have misfire on cylinder 5. Not sure what the problem is yet
Appreciate 0