E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Valet scraped my newly painted bumper

11-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #1
brandobot
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M

Valet scraped my newly painted bumper

I was at a holiday event at BMW of San Francisco this past Thursday. At the event, cars were being valeted into parking spaces. I didn't notice any damages since it was 9pm at night and pitch dark. The next day I noticed a fairly noticeable scrape on my newly painted front bumper. It looked like someone took a nose dive off of a driveway.

My question is how likely is BMW going to own up to this damage since I didn't call it out on the spot? I called BMW of SF, asked for a manager but got their voicemail box and left them a voicemail. I'll call back tomorrow if I don't hear back from them today.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandobot View Post
I was at a holiday event at BMW of San Francisco this past Thursday. At the event, cars were being valeted into parking spaces. I didn't notice any damages since it was 9pm at night and pitch dark. The next day I noticed a fairly noticeable scrape on my newly painted front bumper. It looked like someone took a nose dive off of a driveway.

My question is how likely is BMW going to own up to this damage since I didn't call it out on the spot? I called BMW of SF, asked for a manager but got their voicemail box and left them a voicemail. I'll call back tomorrow if I don't hear back from them today.
Well, to be honest, not very likely. You're probably going to have to file a comprehensive claim on your insurance.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
GammaZeta
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1

That's why there are only two people in this world that I trust driving my car:

1. My indy mechanic that I would trust with my life.

2. My body shop guy for obvious reasons.

Heck, during my annual vehicle inspection sticker I only go to places where I can visibly see the person performing the check on my car at all times.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
LIBimmer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

The BMW dealers (at least on Long Island where I live) are jerkoffs and nickel and dime people, so it is not likely that BMW will acknowledge the damage since it's very difficult to prove it was at their event specifically.
      12-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
Mentos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 640d GC Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandobot View Post

If its nearby, pop over and see if you can find any paint on the floor/kerb/ramp/etc (basically anything that could be the object it hit) where they were parking the cars. Take a few pics then go in to speak to the dealer principal.

If you don't manage to find anything I'm afraid your out of luck, unless you have a good relationship with them. You can understand from their perspective, anyone could make such claims. They'd really need to know your character well to take you at face value.

Good luck.

Last edited by Mentos; 12-18-2012 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: .
Appreciate 0