E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > why is this the worst month for me. . . . was just robbed.

05-23-2008, 07:21 AM   #67
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

damn you're official drama king of the month...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #68
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontegoblueE92 View Post
It's not a question of rich vs. poor. You cannot legally shoot someone in the back unless it's life or death. I'm pretty sure that's a law in every state. You learn that when you get your carry permit.
I would just ask them politely to please turn around for a second.

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #69
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer View Post
I would just ask them politely to please turn around for a second.
or go "wait, I found another $100 to give you" and then wait for their face to appear...
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 08:55 AM   #70
hks786
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
or go "wait, I found another $100 to give you" and then wait for their face to appear...
lolll
      05-23-2008, 11:22 AM   #71
stooken
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5

wow...

if you notice ALL 3 things have to do with money so from here on out, be more careful with it.

sorry to hear bro.
      05-23-2008, 12:23 PM   #72
Brunotheboxer
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post

"...I maybe drunk, but you're ugly, and I can sober up..."
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 12:42 PM   #73
Revlis
Now With 33% MORE Sarcasm Free!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 i3 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Well they threatened him to beat him and stab him to death, and took $300 out of him. I think shooting them while they have your money and running away is a self defense and nearly self preservation. no? but u better be able to prove they did threaten you.. but who would the judge trust. rich guy with a clean record shooting at bums or bums saying random rich guy just shot their asses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTV View Post
You can "THINK" whatever you like, but you're dead wrong. Shooting someone in the back after there is no longer a clear threat of harm is murder and you'll go to prison and end up someones bitch next to our tough guy fundsmngrg...

You're childlike in the extreme here with your notions of "Judge" trusting anyone. Rich people are some of the biggest scumbags on the planet, it's no defense. The physical evidence at the scene would be damning the extreme in a case like this. You're screwed and you go to jail.. You simply cannot shoot someone in the back AFTER they are on their way you are NO LONGER in danger, and they have NOT committed a felony.

Remember TV is TV, real life, your rights, and the rights of others are very different.

If you ever shoot a gun, or maybe even own your own you'll get a better sense of how limited a firearm actually is in self defense. Especially out in the world, your home is one thing, public streets and places are something completely different.
      05-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #74
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlis View Post
If you ever shoot a gun, or maybe even own your own you'll get a better sense of how limited a firearm actually is in self defense. Especially out in the world, your home is one thing, public streets and places are something completely different.
I agree with that statement to the extent that it's limitations come from the amount of training you have. That being said, your statement holds true for a vast majority of people who legally (or illegally) carry. The amount of training done by most CCL's holders is the mandated training (which is a joke for the most part) by the state and maybe the couple of times every year or two they go to the range. They have no ongoing training with the weapon, no advanced situational training to deal with different types of threats, etc.

For those few of us who have and continue to constantly take those classes to not only stay sharp but practice and learn new techniques, it makes the difference between having to think about what do when a situation arises and being able to instantly assess the situation and do what you need to based on what you've trained for. It's no different then what a cop or a football player or anyone else who has to train for situations does. I would have no hesitation drawing my weapon on a public streets, crowded mall, parking garage, whatever if it was necessary because I have the confidence and training to get me through it. That's the normally the difference between the right and wrong people getting killed (or anyone getting shot at all seeing as how that should be the last restort to neutralize a threat) in those situations.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 01:36 PM   #75
e92leon
我的車車有Turbo&!!!
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 빠른차

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
2006 RX-8 (SE3P)  [0.00]
damn dude, go pray
and hope this frenzy of bad shit stops now
      05-23-2008, 02:13 PM   #76
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

no use in crying over spilled milk. . . .
I'm just glad it went the way it went, in comparison to the other outcomes or possibilities that could have occurred in a situation like that.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 02:14 PM   #77
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost_Nation View Post
no use in crying over spilled milk. . . .
I'm just glad it went the way it went, in comparison to the other outcomes or possibilities that could have occurred in a situation like that.
gotta stay positive...if we broke down everytime something bad happend...we'd never leave our homes
      05-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #78
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson92 View Post
gotta stay positive...if we broke down everytime something bad happend...we'd never leave our homes
exactly. . . . theres a possibility for ANYTHING to happen! Hell, an asteroid could come flying into the bathroom im sitting in right now and clap me in the head hah! Likely?. . . . . probably not, but still a probable chance? . . . . definitely

I just look at death and misfortune like this: If it's your time, it's your time.

But it's still shitty to have 300 stolen, I mean that could have went towards many things. But like I said, no use in crying over spilled milk, and I rather just forget this and move on.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 09:53 AM   #79
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
what city did this happen in man? which fedex? sorry to hear about that.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #80
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335i4u2nv View Post
at least ur gf is prego and wanting to break up with u!
umm you might want to rewrite that because it sounds pretty mean lol
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #81
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
exactly. . . . theres a possibility for ANYTHING to happen! Hell, an asteroid could come flying into the bathroom im sitting in right now and clap me in the head hah! Likely?. . . . . probably not, but still a probable chance? . . . . definitely

I just look at death and misfortune like this: If it's your time, it's your time.

But it's still shitty to have 300 stolen, I mean that could have went towards many things. But like I said, no use in crying over spilled milk, and I rather just forget this and move on.
boost maybe its time to move to a nicer area bro that sux, I have a huge temper I would have handed over the money than ran to the car and got my glock chased em down made them piss there pants and call the cops ...... shit now im getting worked up lol BRB gotta go take my prozack lol
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 10:48 AM   #82
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbedoutbimmer View Post
boost maybe its time to move to a nicer area bro that sux, I have a huge temper I would have handed over the money than ran to the car and got my glock chased em down made them piss there pants and call the cops ...... shit now im getting worked up lol BRB gotta go take my prozack lol
He lives in Laguna Niguel. The average home in his area is over a million. It is one of the safest cities in the Nation, hence why I asked where it happened.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 12:47 PM   #83
Z4INHTOWN
SEMPER FI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2.5i sport package

FOR SURE

i live in houston,and anytime i go out ,i am always aware of what's going on around me , i don't carry a gun, YET, i don't have a permit, but in texas we're allowed to carry a gun for protection anytime we're in our vehicles, for now i carry a GUARDIAN , it's a pepper spray dispenser the size of a cellphone,it shoots 2 shots of very concentrated gas at over 90 mph ! , cost me $40 through KIMBER , my wife thinks i'm too paranoid ,but just as this case illustrates, there's plenty of assholes out there waiting to rob you if they think they can . i'm about to get a collapsible baton as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 12:54 PM   #84
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Karma will get them

whenever someone has tried to con me out of money and succeeded.. the money they got from me ends up bringing them nothing but trouble

take comfort in knowing they will problably buy 400$ worth of crack with it.. owe the guy 100$, wont pay up, and get shot
      06-01-2008, 02:13 PM   #85
ybbiz34
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 330i M Sport

You did the right thing. Just give them the money and let it go. Not worth getting stabbed over money.

But now you need to get a Glock. If anyone ever tries to say that they'll stab you again, you'll say, "Stab me?" Then proceed to pull out the Glock and tell them they just brought a knife to a gun fight.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #86
fermion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i

yea, that's why i always carry my heater with me at night.
Appreciate 0