E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > JB4 - 2step/NLS install problem??

09-16-2014, 10:09 AM   #1
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Question JB4 - 2step/NLS install problem??

So i jst got done installing my jb4 along with the 2step/NLS relay. I start the car, everythins working fine. I set up NLS in menu 8. I set it to a low setting just to get a feel for it. 2500rpm

Now it works fine. But i noticed that i can make it activate by just pressing the pedal down to the floor. I thought you had to press the clutch all the way AND press the throttle pedal 100% to the floor.

Why am i able to enable 2step/nls by just pressing the throttle to the floor. I followed BMS install pdf for both the jb4 and the nls relay.

Everythings setup properly i think as far as the menus. I enabled map 5. Startup gauge sweep. Boost gauge on fuel. So its all working correctly. I jst dont want to put everything back and find out theres a problem.

So is that normal?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #2
fazman
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90 View Post
So i jst got done installing my jb4 along with the 2step/NLS relay. I start the car, everythins working fine. I set up NLS in menu 8. I set it to a low setting just to get a feel for it. 2500rpm

Now it works fine. But i noticed that i can make it activate by just pressing the pedal down to the floor. I thought you had to press the clutch all the way AND press the throttle pedal 100% to the floor.

Why am i able to enable 2step/nls by just pressing the throttle to the floor. I followed BMS install pdf for both the jb4 and the nls relay.

Everythings setup properly i think as far as the menus. I enabled map 5. Startup gauge sweep. Boost gauge on fuel. So its all working correctly. I jst dont want to put everything back and find out theres a problem.

So is that normal?

Are you near the SBU university or are willing to come out to the university area? I can help you with this if you like.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 11:38 AM   #3
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep

Stony brook? Im about 40mins west of stony brook college.

So this is not normal right?

I appreciate the help!

Anthony
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 12:49 PM   #4
unjukeable
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

mine did this as well if you are at a stand still the 2step will activate wether the clutch is in or not. if the car is moving it will not activate unless the clutch is pushed in. took me a week to figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unjukeable
mine did this as well if you are at a stand still the 2step will activate wether the clutch is in or not. if the car is moving it will not activate unless the clutch is pushed in. took me a week to figure it out.
Oh rly. I didnt know that. Yea i was doing this not moving. Ill have to try it out later.

I thought letting the clutch out and having the 2step turning off as you let the clutch was what makes the launch fast.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #6
unjukeable
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

it will turn off as you start moving. trust me i was uninstalling and re installing the JB4 for a week trying to figure it out.

the step is active when you arent moving and floor it or when you are moving and the clutch is pushed in.

you will have the clutch pushed in anyway when you are launching since you'll be in first. but test it out and let me know
Appreciate 0