E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Bachelor Party Ideas? Racing experience?

07-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #1
1chanc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

Bachelor Party Ideas? Racing experience?

Hi Guys,

I have the privilege to be a groomsman for one of my good college buddies.

I know a lot of you guys have done drives where you rent a lambo or ferrari for like x-amount of laps or etc in Vegas.

What companies did you guys do it with and what were your experiences? Pros and Cons and price if you don't mind.

(or any other cool ideas if you guy's don't think its worth the money)
      07-14-2014, 08:59 PM   #2
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Do the dream car tour by Gotham Dream Cars. They offer the best driving experience by far and are not strict as long as you keep it within reason.

Unlike the track experiences such as in Vegas and elsewhere, you don't have an instructor riding next to you and you are on the open road, not on a small track where you are really limited to a few laps and can't really push the cars much.

The way it works is you have about 6 exotics and a GDC employee is in a lead car and there is a tail car. They have two way radios in all the cars and you drive in a pack in some of the nicest roads. There's plenty of these videos on youtube so you can get a good idea of this. Nothing would be more of a blast than if you and your buddies all were in different cars driving together in some really fun spirited driving.

And, best of all, they're now in LA as well (used to only by NJ & Miami).

I did the Miami one a couple of years back and it was a blast. They do offer groupons and other deals from time to time as well so you may luck out. I got mine on a 50% deal but this is usually offered when they have some unfilled spots they need to fill.

When I went, the vehicles driven were: LP560 Gallardo, LP550 Gallardo, LP640 Murcielago, Aston Martin DB9, MB SLS AMG, Ferrari F430. The cars offered vary and are usually taken from their fleet of rentals.

I wouldn't waste any money on those sprints or autocross kind of experience as they basically take your money for 2 minutes in the car.

Last edited by five3three; 07-14-2014 at 09:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 01:56 AM   #3
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Do the dream car tour by Gotham Dream Cars. They offer the best driving experience by far and are not strict as long as you keep it within reason.

Unlike the track experiences such as in Vegas and elsewhere, you don't have an instructor riding next to you and you are on the open road, not on a small track where you are really limited to a few laps and can't really push the cars much.
Lol you sound like you've never been to a track experience in Vegas. I pushed their cars pretty hard. I honestly can't see how much harder I could've pushed a super car at exotics racing. The track is a pretty decent size and I can't see how 7 laps isn't enough when you're going balls out in a 700hp car. Btw, I was just there last week and drove the gtr, 458 and lp700. Best time was a 54.30 in the lp700 so yes, that's pushing a car. Would highly recommend this experience to anyone who dreams of raping an unattainable super car legally on a track. Spent about $1200 that day including this crazy 2 lap drift fun. Worth every penny.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #4
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Lol you sound like you've never been to a track experience in Vegas. I pushed their cars pretty hard. I honestly can't see how much harder I could've pushed a super car at exotics racing. The track is a pretty decent size and I can't see how 7 laps isn't enough when you're going balls out in a 700hp car. Btw, I was just there last week and drove the gtr, 458 and lp700. Best time was a 54.30 in the lp700 so yes, that's pushing a car. Would highly recommend this experience to anyone who dreams of raping an unattainable super car legally on a track. Spent about $1200 that day including this crazy 2 lap drift fun. Worth every penny.

Lol, you sound like you've never been to the dream car tour that I talked about or even watched one of the countless videos people have posted on youtube. Pointless ass start to your response instead of just making your argument.

Now, to your point. Yes, I have never been to exotics racing and your stats were the reason why. I'm not going to throw away $300 to get less than 5 minutes behind the wheel. So, for your $1200, I would get about 20 minutes of actual drive time. Sorry, but I'll pass on that. And yes, I pushed the cars as hard as you did.

For the OP, a track experience like this is great for an individual experience. However, I don't see the value of something like that for a bachelor party event. Isn't the point of a bachelor party do things as a group? What part of that involves sitting with an instructor behind the wheel of a car and not sharing any of that experience with your friends. To me, that's a plain solo event.

Now, spending about $800 (I spent 400 with a groupon) and getting about 3 hours of behind the wheel time, driving alongside your friends for a significant amount of time and being able to have a ride along for free without an instructor in your car is way more of an enjoyable group experience.

Now, the person who responded to my post can point out his little stats all he wants, but at the end of the day, it's a solo event.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #5
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
Agreed. The instructor is in the seat next to you to push you harder and faster than you would ever be able to go without them. I had a blast at Exotics Racings. No chance you are going to be able to come anywhere near those kind of limits on the street.

five3three: "And yes, I pushed the cars as hard as you did."

Ummm... There's no chance you did.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 02:15 PM   #6
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I'd rather go race buggies in the desert...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 02:22 PM   #7
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
that's what we did for my brothers bachelor party--went to Silver Lake Michigan and ran all weekend
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 01:31 AM   #8
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Lol, you sound like you've never been to the dream car tour that I talked about or even watched one of the countless videos people have posted on youtube. Pointless ass start to your response instead of just making your argument.

Now, to your point. Yes, I have never been to exotics racing and your stats were the reason why. I'm not going to throw away $300 to get less than 5 minutes behind the wheel. So, for your $1200, I would get about 20 minutes of actual drive time. Sorry, but I'll pass on that. And yes, I pushed the cars as hard as you did.
I have no doubt that Gotham Dream car is an awesome experience but I seriously doubt that you know what your talking about. Since you enjoy youtube, try searching for some Exotics Racing videos and tell me you've "pushed the cars as hard as I did." You haven't even tried it and you've managed to give out inaccurate assumptions of what a supercar track experience is all about.

Seat time does not equal quality time. 5 mins on the track beats 3 hours of cruising regardless of how fast you think you were going. This of course is just my personal opinion as I've driven an MP4-12 for quite some time but never had the chance to go all out on a track. I would just ask that you maybe try 5 laps in the cheapest car (cayman S) to test the value before bashing it. Sometimes, things are just expensive for a reason.
      07-16-2014, 06:35 AM   #9
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinb501 View Post
Agreed. The instructor is in the seat next to you to push you harder and faster than you would ever be able to go without them. I had a blast at Exotics Racings. No chance you are going to be able to come anywhere near those kind of limits on the street.

five3three: "And yes, I pushed the cars as hard as you did."

Ummm... There's no chance you did.
Umm, yes I did. We can argue this back and forth but it's pointless since I don't give a crap what anyone believes since I won't post the actual videos I made. Actually, you know what, screw it...let's just say I didn't.

I still stand by my point that as a group event a track experience adds zero value to the group part of the experience as my suggestion would.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 06:39 AM   #10
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
I have no doubt that Gotham Dream car is an awesome experience but I seriously doubt that you know what your talking about. Since you enjoy youtube, try searching for some Exotics Racing videos and tell me you've "pushed the cars as hard as I did." You haven't even tried it and you've managed to give out inaccurate assumptions of what a supercar track experience is all about.

Seat time does not equal quality time. 5 mins on the track beats 3 hours of cruising regardless of how fast you think you were going. This of course is just my personal opinion as I've driven an MP4-12 for quite some time but never had the chance to go all out on a track. I would just ask that you maybe try 5 laps in the cheapest car (cayman S) to test the value before bashing it. Sometimes, things are just expensive for a reason.
I have watched plenty of those videos that you speak of and that is what made me NOT give them my money. Had I not watched those videos I would have gone since I used to be a frequent visitor of their website. I wasn't impressed. Clearly we differ on opinions and I am fine with that.

Measuring dicks aside, do you think that a track experience such as the one you do adds value to the group experience of a bachelor party? Let's just say you can push a little harder as you say, where is the group value of this...since that's the point of this whole argument that got sidetracked.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 06:43 AM   #11
five3three
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Nothing like the freedom of the desert. I have done that and it's a blast.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 09:24 AM   #12
ShocknAwe
1Addict
Rep
Drives: E82 Mutt, M57 Truck

IMO go for the buggies or similar. Easy to have a blast with a group and a good memory for the rest of your lives.

Skydiving is another good one. As is a live fire tactical range experience/course (most available to civilians are more than 1 day long though).
      07-16-2014, 09:56 AM   #13
1chanc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
IMO go for the buggies or similar. Easy to have a blast with a group and a good memory for the rest of your lives.

Skydiving is another good one. As is a live fire tactical range experience/course (most available to civilians are more than 1 day long though).
Considered. There's even a fun zombie paintball course in Vegas- your party gets a 12-gauge style paintball shotgun and run through a course where live zombies chase after you.

Thanks for your guys' opinions. keep em coming!
Also, just found out some of the guys are limited on funds so lets try to keep ideas <$300 for now.
      07-16-2014, 09:59 AM   #14
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

Renting an entire karting racing arena for the groom and his friends could also be fun. 2 hours of "racing" altogether. When you rent the thing in groups, you can get a fair price and it comes to 20 bucks a person.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #15
son_of_siggy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

$300 per person buys a whole lot of tits. Just saying . . .
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #16
flyinb501
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
Renting an entire karting racing arena for the groom and his friends could also be fun. 2 hours of "racing" altogether. When you rent the thing in groups, you can get a fair price and it comes to 20 bucks a person.
This is what we did for mine, and it was a blast! They set up a program with qualifiers, heat races, and a main event. They print out all the times and stats for bragging rights purposes.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 01:47 PM   #17
ammar23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90 328i (LCI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by son_of_siggy
$300 per person buys a whole lot of tits. Just saying . . .
LOL +1
Appreciate 0