E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > jeweler's row philly vs diamond district nyc

08-02-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
08rookie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw

jeweler's row philly vs diamond district nyc

obviously im looking for engagement rings...

ive been to a couple spots in philly and some local family owned operations...just didnt know how it compares to our big brother up top?! would i expect the same prices? im sure the sleeze is just as thick...

assuming the identical stone (i know no stones are identical buttt) in terms of cut, clarity, carat and all that jazz on paper would i be better off haggling in nyc or philly? i always think nyc because it seems to be the first stop into the states, maybe there is more of supply there?! i dont kno lol
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
The wife and I cruised down Jewlers row in Philly when we were there earlier this spring. I personally wouldn't buy from there. It just seemed shady to me.

I guess if you looking for a killer deal or something like that then sure. But I would prefer buying from a reputable dealer. The Jeweler I got my wifes ring from(all our rings actually) includes life time cleaning, adjustments, appraisals. They'll even replace the smaller diamonds around the band(not the main diamond) if they fall out free of charge.

Not that I'm saying the jeweler row shops wouldn't. They just didn't seem to be savory places to be making a large purchase like that from. I could also be talking from my ass, who knows.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0