E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How are people purchasing their BMW?

View Poll Results: How did you buy your E90?
Leasing 40 19.32%
Financing 81 39.13%
Buying outright 86 41.55%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

09-20-2005, 10:11 AM   #89
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
I think the E90 is relatively inexpensive. Considering that the average American income is rougly 35 grand a year, most people could FEASIBLY afford to own one. I see tons of people driving Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer editions and wonder why didnt they purchase a beautifully engineered 3 series instead? One could argue because of the room, but why didn't they opt for a $20,000 Dodge Caravan instead? My point is that people when people think of BMW, they think, "whoa, outta my league", but then turnaround and spend 45k on a Expedition.
just for accuracy:
United States GDP - Per Capita: $ 40,100

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 10:17 AM   #90
Red
Chris Bangle For Prez
Rep
Drives: Ford (yea, I know)

And I was being conservative!

Thanks Nikki.
      09-20-2005, 03:53 PM   #91
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

We run into that all the time with my in-laws because they're from a small town. I'm known as mister fancy pants because I've always had a BMW or an Audi. But they won't think twice about buying a new Suburban or a 1/2 ton pickup ("rig").

I'll always finance. Having a wife and a kid there's no way I'd have that much cash around without her spending it on something. And I know it sounds wacky, but I'll pay for the privilage of keeping my cash liquid over the 60mo instead of tying it up in my transportation.

We thought about using home equity, but the interest rates were higher and there were loan origination fees and pre-payment penalties. Didn't see how that was better than traditional financing.

I also get the new car itch every 1.5-2 years so leasing would seem to suit me well, except that I like to drive. A LOT. I typically do about 20k a year. Wouldn't the higher interest rates (money factor) of a lease and the mileage penalty kill me?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2005, 10:42 PM   #92
nrg09
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: honda& proud of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
just for accuracy:
United States GDP - Per Capita: $ 40,100
whoa, my family is nowhere NEAR that mark, we're just a poor low class hispanic family but i love it....oddly enough my main motivation for going to college isn't to prove that hispanics can be just as successful as caucasians, or asians but, instead, my main motivation for further education is that i wanna drive a bmw for THE REST OF MY LIFE!!!!!
Appreciate 0