E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > have tons of baseball/football cars.....dont know if they're worth $$$

09-03-2007, 03:37 PM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a few BMWs

have tons of baseball/football cards.....dont know if they're worth $$$

so when I was a kid one of our family friends would give me TONS of baseball/football cards in new packs and ones that were open........i have a few hundred and dont know if they're valuable or not and dont know how to tell.

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals

Last edited by Neema; 09-04-2007 at 05:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
schneid4323
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, M6

find a comic book store near you, not alot of them are worth tons, they upperdeck or what?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 03:57 PM   #3
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

they're all sorts of cards

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #4
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

what year and brand...........i collected from the late 80's to the early 90's...until the hobby became too expensive and ridiculous.......

take some pics.........maybe i can help.
      09-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #5
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
First go through them on your own. You'll be able to pick out the ones that may be worth something just by the name. Then looks for typo's, misprints, blatent errors(ex. Barry Bonds is the picture, then Craig Biggo is the stats on the back).

If you don't take these minor precautions you WILL get screwed on the deal. You probably have at least 1 card out of the whole bunch that will be worth maybe $300-500 and maybe a couple averaging $50-100. You grew up with a lot of good athletes that became super stars and prolly have a few of their rookie cards. If you just took the box of cards into a dealer, he would just give you $50-100 hoping you don't care and he'll score off of your stupidity.

Dealers love idiots like that, how do you think they make their money? Not buying packets of cards thats forsure. They score on idiots that stroll in wanting to rid themselves of a box of cards and come across a rare Mickey Mantle or some superstars rookie card or the big hit is having a misprinted card like the example I gave you of whoever. Those are the rarest. 10 of a couple hundred thousand actually make it into the packets and you may have 1 of them.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #6
wj4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 manual 335i

I don't think they're worth much anymore. I, too, collected comic books and cards in my elementary-middle school years. Back then according to Beckett, any Michael Jordan card would be worth at least $1 instantly.

I've been trying to get rid of some of my collection for a a while too, but there seems to be no market for them. I tried to go back to the comic book stores I went to as a kid to buy these stuff, but they all went out of business, lol.

I guess I'll just keep it and pass it on to my kid(s) or something.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 04:53 PM   #7
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

the brads are everything like Classic, Pro Line Classic, Fleer Ultra, Topps, Upper Deck, Score, Collectors Edge 95', Pinnacle, Sport Flix, Stadium Club...... and some of the cards say Star Rookie or thigns like that, most of the cards are from 1993-1998, and a ton of them are steve young cards. Some are holographic, some are 3d, some are shiny and glitery and so on

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2007, 06:09 PM   #8
Cadillac Johnson
Free taco with stolen base
Rep
Drives: 335i? GTR? RS5?

Cards from that era are worthless.

Cards from the 70's and earlier are really the only cards that shops will want. Problem is, there's so many cards that were printed in that time, and so many people collected them, that there's nothing rare. Unless you have some mis-prints or something out of the ordinary, dont even waste your time.

Because of this, I dont even try to sell any of my cards. I figure I'll hold on to them until maybe 2040 or so. That should be enough time to thin out the numbers..
      09-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #9
NaTuReB0Y