E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Traded in my wife's E90 for this beast...

03-03-2011, 09:02 AM   #45
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 Mustang 5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post

Funny how you say "anyone in the know" and then follow it with fallacies.

Look up the reliability and initial quality ratings (not so shitty build quality, eh?). Look up the residual values (rut-roh looks like the GT is above not only the vanilla 3er, but the M3 as well). Check out the observed MPG on the 5.0 and compare that to other 400+ HP V8 cars. See the unbiased reviews and track comparisons by people who do that stuff for a living....

You don't sound like anyone "in the know" at all. The only thing I see in there that is even remotely creditable is your subjective opinion of the interior. Some love it, some hate it, but in the end it's just an opinion. The rest of your tirade is refutable by statistics, facts, and objective tests by professionals.

Also, the comparison of the GT500 vs the Z06 didn't yield a surprising result whatsoever. There's more to a drag race than just what sort of peak HP numbers the car provides. Anyone who expected the GT500 to win obviously doesn't know that. The Z06 should win, and it's absolutely no surprise that it does. There is no "mystery shittiness resulting in subpar real life performance" that netted those results.

Also, the LRA seems to be a big sticking point for a lot of people, and I'll admit it does have its drawbacks.... But at least they include an LSD. Kinda an odd choice for a "rear end that is optimized for drag racing" eh?

Why you getting so mad bro? You don't even have a dog in this fight; you're just gonna come in here and spout ignorant nonsense to shit on OP's thread? Cool shit man. Way to be a douche.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #46
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Saw one last night at the tracks. 12.05@124mph and automatic. Oh and he says he's averaging 24mpg around the city. Not bad for a 400hp v8
      03-03-2011, 10:53 AM   #47
johanness
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockin330i View Post
Saw one last night at the tracks. 12.05@124mph and automatic. Oh and he says he's averaging 24mpg around the city. Not bad for a 400hp v8
In a straight line, sure. *yawn* You probably missed the other 20 that were there too.

Not my cup o tea, but if the OP's happy, that's all that matters.

Last edited by johanness; 03-03-2011 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 11:12 AM   #48
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
In a straight line, sure. *yawn* You probably missed the other 20 that were there too.

I guess you haven't heard that the new gt 5.0 keeps up with the e92 m3 stock for stock. Last nights 302 would do circles around your z4m
      03-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #49
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
offense taken. you can fool yourself and think that 13.0 @ 110mph is fast for a car that makes 412 horsepower and 395 ft/lbs, but its not. especially considering it is a car has a solid rear end that is optimized for drag racing, unlike other cars. its the same reason why a GT500 that makes 552 horsepower loses to a car like Z06. Anyone in the know, knows that Mustangs are just dyno queens that are overrated when it comes to real life performance. add into that the shitty gas mileage, shitty build quality, shitty resale value and shitty interior. well shit. you sound like some kind of retard for wanting a car like that. me i'll pay more for something a bit nicer.

Haha you think that because someone posted on dragtimes its fact? if you believe that, then the mustang is a perfect car for you you're just another fool who buys into the motortrend and car and driver hype. they rate cars higher on subjective data.
That is called "real life #" not some BS bias and skewed # you claim.

Here is another person with a bone stock Mustang just to show that not just 1 person is capable of producing these numbers.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...lip-22381.html

Another 12.8 by a different person

http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Mustan...lip-20659.html
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #50
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

You should probably go drive one before you yawn...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #51
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post
And it would still spank your little 135
All the way back to Germany. The Boss 302 hangs with the M3 on a balanced track. Ford is making great progress.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #52
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post

Funny how you say "anyone in the know" and then follow it with fallacies.

Look up the reliability and initial quality ratings (not so shitty build quality, eh?). Look up the residual values (rut-roh looks like the GT is above not only the vanilla 3er, but the M3 as well). Check out the observed MPG on the 5.0 and compare that to other 400+ HP V8 cars. See the unbiased reviews and track comparisons by people who do that stuff for a living....

You don't sound like anyone "in the know" at all. The only thing I see in there that is even remotely creditable is your subjective opinion of the interior. Some love it, some hate it, but in the end it's just an opinion. The rest of your tirade is refutable by statistics, facts, and objective tests by professionals.

Also, the comparison of the GT500 vs the Z06 didn't yield a surprising result whatsoever. There's more to a drag race than just what sort of peak HP numbers the car provides. Anyone who expected the GT500 to win obviously doesn't know that. The Z06 should win, and it's absolutely no surprise that it does. There is no "mystery shittiness resulting in subpar real life performance" that netted those results.

Also, the LRA seems to be a big sticking point for a lot of people, and I'll admit it does have its drawbacks.... But at least they include an LSD. Kinda an odd choice for a "rear end that is optimized for drag racing" eh?

Why you getting so mad bro? You don't even have a dog in this fight; you're just gonna come in here and spout ignorant nonsense to shit on OP's thread? Cool shit man. Way to be a douche.
Strong post. Removes my need to have to even reply.
Quote:

In everything. Not just a straight line. If you're interested in a performance car with four seats, the mustang becomes a completely viable option as an all-round superb car for the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
All the way back to Germany. The Boss 302 hangs with the M3 on a balanced track. Ford is making great progress.
The Boss will slay an M3 on the track. A regular 5.0 will keep up with an M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 12:49 PM   #53
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

The only thing that needs to be changed is that interior.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #54
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

There's no doubt that mustangs don't have the pose factor that BMWs do, or that they generally serve a different demographic than does BMW, but that doesn't mean they aren't good cars. I loved my Mystic Cobra, especially after I put the Vortech S-Trim supercharger in it. Add a K-member front suspension and a few other odds and ends and it was stupid fast.

Ford is the only American company that has truly stepped up its game recently, and the new Mustang is a wonderfully competent car. With BOSS and Roush variants, its hard to see why people don't like them, individual preference aside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #55
Jred22
Meat Puppet
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
offense taken. you can fool yourself and think that 13.0 @ 110mph is fast for a car that makes 412 horsepower and 395 ft/lbs, but its not. especially considering it is a car has a solid rear end that is optimized for drag racing, unlike other cars. its the same reason why a GT500 that makes 552 horsepower loses to a car like Z06. Anyone in the know, knows that Mustangs are just dyno queens that are overrated when it comes to real life performance. add into that the shitty gas mileage, shitty build quality, shitty resale value and shitty interior. well shit. you sound like some kind of retard for wanting a car like that. me i'll pay more for something a bit nicer.

Haha you think that because someone posted on dragtimes its fact? if you believe that, then the mustang is a perfect car for you you're just another fool who buys into the motortrend and car and driver hype. they rate cars higher on subjective data.
What the fuck is wrong with this guy? Did a dude with a 5.0 fuck your wife or something? Chill out
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 01:42 PM   #56
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

OP forget about that loser "car in the know guy". Clearly he's ashamed of whatever he drives , hence why he has some ''Powerstroke Diesel''. Anyways the 5-OH is seriously a beast. I test drove one over the summer and was amazed. Enjoy the shit out of her.
      03-03-2011, 02:50 PM   #57
MONSTER11
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jred22 View Post
What the fuck is wrong with this guy? Did a dude with a 5.0 fuck your wife or something? Chill out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post
OP forget about that loser "car in the know guy". Clearly he's ashamed of whatever he drives , hence why he has some ''Powerstroke Diesel''. Anyways the 5-OH is seriously a beast. I test drove one over the summer and was amazed. Enjoy the shit out of her.
It's probably a '70-something mercedes diesel... He just added "powerstroke" to compensate.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 02:55 PM   #58
335iMIAMI
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 CTS-V

Quote:
I just spit my water out literally.
      03-03-2011, 03:25 PM   #59
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Ford is the only American company that has truly stepped up its game recently, and the new Mustang is a wonderfully competent car. With BOSS and Roush variants, its hard to see why people don't like them, individual preference aside.

I wouldn't have considered any Mustangs (besides the Terminator) between 1971 and 2010, but they've definitely got my attention. I was a big Mustang hater when they were getting stomped and dragged through the mud by the LS1 Maro and Firechicken.

However, they way they've turned around and taken the bull by the horns is pretty serious. They're not fucking around at all. And the great thing about Ford is that they're doing this with a lot of their vehicles; it's not just the Mustang.

I just really wish the Boss had Bluetooth available. I don't need any of the other stuff they leave out like the nav and upgraded stereo, but that bluetooth would be pretty important to me. Wondering myself if it wouldn't just be worth it to get a 5.0 with goodies and some FRPP mods and call it a day. As good as the GT's resale should be though, the Boss is guaranteed to do much better.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #60
Jred22
Meat Puppet
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iMIAMI View Post
I just spit my water out literally.
clean up that keyboard and get your girl to sell me her UMF tix
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 07:36 PM   #61
EpicE90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 f150

Quote:
It was the OP!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #62
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicE90 View Post
It was the OP!!!
SShh, op is married :eeps;
      03-03-2011, 11:17 PM   #63
///MC
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

A lot of BS bickering over stupid crap in here. I have a M3 and sell Fords so I have access to compare the two on a daily basis. As all the car mag tests have shown, the are VERY similar in performance. The mustang is a very nice car and super inexpensive. Ride quality lacks a bit but interior is best of the American made cars. It doesn't have that "cheesy" plastic feel to it anymore.

I personally don't like the interior layout compared to the BMW though and I also needed 4 doors. I would love the 6mpg bump in gas mileage though.

It all comes down to personal preference.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 07:55 AM   #64
Yes2m3cs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS 2016 M4

Congrats on the new ride man! My buddy has your same car and with a tune and cai it ran 12.1@115 with only 200 miles on it and street tires

I love mine too...

-Brian
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #65
bdkevoIX
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 Evo IX Mr

Cool car. Why the hate? I dont' see myself owning one, but it's a great car.
      03-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #66
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Damn you got a good deal.
Appreciate 0