E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > How do you deal with road rage and you being the victim?

06-03-2014, 11:02 AM   #23
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
What happens if he is a gay and walks over to start tugging on you? Now the circumstances have really escalated.
What are the chances of getting into an altercation like this with a gay dude? Thats the shock factor that wins the war.
      06-03-2014, 11:06 AM   #24
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
That's childish...another reason I like driving in Europe, people don't hog the hammer lane. They know to get out of the passing lane and not play some dumb games.

Another thing I see a lot in the states, a lot of drivers even speed up when they see you coming around them, it's like those idiots want to go slow but dont want nobody to pass them. Hahaha
Childish? 100% agree on that, but it's more childish to put someone else's life in danger because you feel the need to be in a hurry and then proceed by riding someones ass. I will slow your day down, if you hit my car, then the blame is on the shit head that hit me. If I'm in the fast lane, I'm going fast, if there is a car ahead of me, being 5 yards behind my bumper won't make things move faster.

And that my friend, is the American way.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #25
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

#Murica !!!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #26
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
What are the chances of getting into an altercation like this with a gay dude? Thats the shock factor that wins the war.
Well, from my experience, the gay's seem to be very vocal if something bothers them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they saw your boner as an action of friendship after your altercation.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #27
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Childish? 100% agree on that, but it's more childish to put someone else's life in danger because you feel the need to be in a hurry and then proceed by riding someones ass. I will slow your day down, if you hit my car, then the blame is on the shit head that hit me. If I'm in the fast lane, I'm going fast, if there is a car ahead of me, being 5 yards behind my bumper won't make things move faster.

That is what bugs me the most. You get these dipshits who ride your ass in the left lane, when you're actively passing those in the right (i.e. going faster than them), and you're stuck behind someone else and can't really go anywhere.

They can ride my ass all they want, I'm usually driving my truck so they aren't getting by. I will move over when I can to let them go though. Let the cop up ahead pull them and not me.

Overall, I may cuss or something, but I don't fly off the handle. I find it's better to just let the situation go away. I certainly don't want to have to even show my weapon... If it gets to that point, then I already let it go too far.
      06-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #28
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
two more driving incidents......

I'm telling you, something tells me she shouldn't be driving a 470hp Fire Breathing 4200lb Assault Tank HAHA !!!!
Dear God. I'd be afraid if my SO drove anything larger (or faster) than what she has.

I have to repress my feelings on her driving habits, so anytime we go anywhere, I drive, for the sake of my own sanity.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #29
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Well, from my experience, the gay's seem to be very vocal if something bothers them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they saw your boner as an action of friendship after your altercation.
Vocal definitely but physical enough to actually stop and get off for an old fashioned boner fight? Highly unlikely.
      06-03-2014, 11:14 AM   #30
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
I have to repress my feelings on her driving habits, so anytime we go anywhere, I drive, for the sake of my own sanity.
only time I'm NOT driving the car we're in is if she's test driving a car HAHA !!!!

I drive everywhere.....
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:15 AM   #31
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Vocal definitely but physical enough to actually stop and get off for an old fashioned boner fight? Highly unlikely.
I guess if you really want to divert the situation in your favor, you should carry around a 16'' double donger and use that as your attack weapon. No straight man would dare mess with anyone swinging a johnson, just not worth it.

However, if you happened to stumble into the one butchy angry lesbian in your town, you might have a new escalated situation on your hands.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #32
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
only time I'm NOT driving the car we're in is if she's test driving a car HAHA !!!!

I drive everywhere.....
I'm the same freaking way. Sometimes I wonder how she has managed to survive behind the wheel all these years.

For the love of Christ, I'm pretty sure I'm going to put a hole through her floor board from smashing the invisible brake pedal. She is my DD, unfortunately she is cheaper than a cab ride.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:18 AM   #33
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
I guess if you really want to divert the situation in your favor, you should carry around a 16'' double donger and use that as your attack weapon. No straight man would dare mess with anyone swinging a johnson, just not worth it.

However, if you happened to stumble into the one butchy angry lesbian in your town, you might have a new escalated situation on your hands.
Why don't you connect two of those dongers together and make some nunchucks
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:23 AM   #34
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
assault with a flaccid weapon

Quote:
or Lups
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #35
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Too many firearms out there these days. Unless I feel threatened I just mind my biz and keep on going.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:41 AM   #36
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post

or Lups
      06-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #37
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post

or Lups

God help whatever soul has an encounter with Lups.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #38
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:

God help whatever soul has an encounter with Lups.
i think if you and her were ever to be on the same stretch of road, you will definitely find each other as natural road-rage attracting targets
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #39
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:

Most left lane hogs are too dumb to know the American way is not that different from European traffic laws. 99% of the time there's no one in front of the guy who thinks it's fun to impede traffic or act like a vindictive bitch.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #40
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #41
fcman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
That's childish...another reason I like driving in Europe, people don't hog the hammer lane. They know to get out of the passing lane and not play some dumb games.

Another thing I see a lot in the states, a lot of drivers even speed up when they see you coming around them, it's like those idiots want to go slow but dont want nobody to pass them. Hahaha
In GA now (as of June 1) if you are hogging the left you can get pegged with a $1k fine, thank the lord baby jesus.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 01:33 PM   #42
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

I drove my 335i into a dangerous neighborhood because premium unleaded is 7 cents cheaper per gal.

As I was leaving, some ***** ***** starts yelling at me. I kept my eyes straight ahead, and ignored them, until some dude in the pass seat that looked like a ***** ****** threw a bottled water and hit my pass window. I put it down and words flew.

One thing I realized, that unlike when I was 19 and ready for Donny Brooks anywhere I went, this time I didn't want to get into it.

But just to put the idiotic ***** ******* into context, they said, just because you have a nice car you think you can come here into our neighborhood for gas?

Yep, WTF. But who has more to lose? And a 2007 335i is nice to them, it's junk and out-dated on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #43
Benstuck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i N55 E92

When I see road rage, I back off immediately. My car and my life are more important than revenge.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2014, 02:19 PM   #44
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Never had a problem with road rage and pulling over. I've gotten the finger and such but I usually just give a thumbs-up back (which REALLY pisses them off and makes them speed away). Most of the fights I've been involved in happened long before I made it to the car.
Appreciate 0