E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > New Years Resolution

01-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #23
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

more home improvements.....

crown molding
recessed lighting
new couches/love seats
shelves in the garage with random tools and other shit that men usually have
countertops and backsplash
big ol patch of cerment in the backyard with some kind of shade type thing for my dogs
new front door

that's pretty much it.....
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 10:12 AM   #24
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
^^80/20 rule and you will get there.

practice 80% of your time on short game and 20% on long game.

Also need to try and play as much as possible. Range and putting green are great but you will become a better player overall by playing more rounds and also tournaments.

current SCGA is +1.
Agree completely. I was a +2 until I started my business, it has been slowly going up since. I think I was able to play a total of 20 rounds last year, most of which were tournament rounds. Even the bag boys out at my club weren't recognizing me like they used to. This year I have set aside 2 afternoons a week to at least get to the course, so that should help some.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 10:34 AM   #25
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

^^Nice! I try to play at least 2-3 times a week in the winter months then the warmer months 3-5 times. Lately I have been obsessed with crossfit so I have not been getting out as much but still manage multiple rounds a week.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #26
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

1) Ease up on the cursing.

2) Finish building my VehiCROSS.

3) Donate at least one day a month to a charity.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 11:28 AM   #27
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whats77inaname View Post
1) Ease up on the cursing.

2) Finish building my VehiCROSS.

3) Donate at least one day a month to a charity.
best one so far. And likely to be the most rewarding.
      01-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #28
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
best one so far. And likely to be the most rewarding.
Thanks! I did Habitat for Humanity a few years ago, and it was pretty cool. I picked up some skills that were applicable as a homeowner, and really enjoyed it.

We have a large indigent population here, so unfortunately, there are a quite a large number of places to choose from.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 11:32 AM   #29
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

So I'm on my 3rd workout for my jump program and I find a strong correlation between jump rope and big ass migraines. Jump roping is a big part of the warm up and the program but it totally kills my groove when my head is pounding for the remaining workout and lingers on for another 24 hours. Good thing is, I've gone from lightly touching the rim to completely grabbing it in a week, so I got that going on for me.

But seriously, if someone has a good solution to this jump rope and migraine thing, I'd be so grateful. My bp is fine, fully hydrated, great sleep and jump roping is the only thing that causes it, so frustrated.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #30
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
So I'm on my 3rd workout for my jump program and I find a strong correlation between jump rope and big ass migraines. Jump roping is a big part of the warm up and the program but it totally kills my groove when my head is pounding for the remaining workout and lingers on for another 24 hours. Good thing is, I've gone from lightly touching the rim to completely grabbing it in a week, so I got that going on for me.

But seriously, if someone has a good solution to this jump rope and migraine thing, I'd be so grateful. My bp is fine, fully hydrated, great sleep and jump roping is the only thing that causes it, so frustrated.
I used to get those same headaches from trampolines when I was a kid. Apparently it is tension of your neck muscles that causes it, combined with the changes in blood pressure and flow that come with exercise.

This trampoline company explains it and even offers a treatment:
http://www.vulytrampolines.com/blog/...ine-headaches/
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 07:45 AM   #31
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

You guys never did any exercise when you were younger? I'm DONE (for this life) - the only exercise i do is swing a golf club around
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #32
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

change my daily routine that am stuck in 13-14 hours of work, 5 hours sleeping and 3 hours on the road / 6 days a week... and make waaay more cash for less working hours
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 01:49 PM   #33
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
change my daily routine that am stuck in 13-14 hours of work, 5 hours sleeping and 3 hours on the road / 6 days a week... and make waaay more cash for less working hours
Even using the maximums you've outlined above, this only accounts for 22 hours out of the 24 hours in a day.

Just what are you doing with the extra two hours slacker? Probably sleeping like the lazy individual you are.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 01:53 PM   #34
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Even using the maximums you've outlined above, this only accounts for 22 hours out of the 24 hours in a day.

Just what are you doing with the extra two hours slacker? Probably sleeping like the lazy individual you are.
Masturbating. For two hours vigorously.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2014, 10:09 PM   #35
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Masturbating. For two hours vigorously.
If he were really good, he'd be multitasking and taking care of that in the 3 hour commute.
      01-08-2014, 10:58 PM   #36
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
You guys never did any exercise when you were younger? I'm DONE (for this life) - the only exercise i do is swing a golf club around
I've swung a club around for the last 7 years in replacement/excuse for exercise but age has caught up with me and I think its time to be more active again. I just want to be able to keep up with my kids when they're 10.

BTW, where do you golf? I play in SZ every week, maybe we should get a round together and finally put a face to the name.
      01-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #37
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
I used to get those same headaches from trampolines when I was a kid. Apparently it is tension of your neck muscles that causes it, combined with the changes in blood pressure and flow that come with exercise.

This trampoline company explains it and even offers a treatment:
http://www.vulytrampolines.com/blog/...ine-headaches/
Thanks a lot. I'm going to try to relieve some tension from my neck by stretching and massages to see if it helps.
      01-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #38
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I'm going to try to relieve some tension from my neck by stretching and massages to see if it helps.
I had a headache for about 5 weeks straight about a year ago. I finally got a massage and it was better. Then i got another a week later and it was gone. 2 weeks later i got another as it started to come back. It's been gone since then and i get a massage every 3 to 5 weeks depending on schedule or how much exercising i'll be doing. It's been good and stretching only helps.

Good luck!
      01-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #39
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
I've swung a club around for the last 7 years in replacement/excuse for exercise but age has caught up with me and I think its time to be more active again. I just want to be able to keep up with my kids when they're 10.

BTW, where do you golf? I play in SZ every week, maybe we should get a round together and finally put a face to the name.
I'm of the 'limited amount of energy' rather than 'use it or lose it' camp..
Well it's good you got a reason to do something.. i play with my niece and my arms ache for two days

I don't play anymore - just practice my swing.. indoors, away from the sun
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #40
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

So after 8 workout days (17 days since first workout started) I have gained 6" in my standing vertical jump from 18" to 24". I know it sounds crazy but I think a lot of it just came from more confidence in my jumps and getting back into proper technique. I'm extremely satisfied with my progress and will post result again after I finish 11 workout days and a complete 1 week rest for a total of 1 full month.

Headaches still persist when I reach about 60sec mark of skip roping but I seem to be getting more used to it.

How's everyone else keeping up with their NY'sR?
      01-18-2014, 10:24 PM   #41
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

eat more veggies. Be more active. Quit smoking. Pretty much says dont die.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2014, 02:50 PM   #42
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

How's everyone keeping up with their NYR?

So today, after the lights went off at our local outdoor court, we started dicking around and I attempted several dunks. On March 28, exactly 86 days after setting my goal of "Dunking at the age of 30", I successfully pulled down a clean dunk which me and my friends agreed was legit. I was not able to replicate the feat due to hours of ballin and two sprained ankles but was extremely happy nonetheless. On Jan 3, my standing vertical was 19" and today it is 32".

3 painful months of training and injuries paid off with just one successful leap. So glad I committed to this and I'll continue to train so I can pull one down consistently.
      03-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #43
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
How's everyone keeping up with their NYR?

So today, after the lights went off at our local outdoor court, we started dicking around and I attempted several dunks. On March 28, exactly 86 days after setting my goal of "Dunking at the age of 30", I successfully pulled down a clean dunk which me and my friends agreed was legit. I was not able to replicate the feat due to hours of ballin and two sprained ankles but was extremely happy nonetheless. On Jan 3, my standing vertical was 19" and today it is 32".

3 painful months of training and injuries paid off with just one successful leap. So glad I committed to this and I'll continue to train so I can pull one down consistently.
That's awesome man, congrats! Gaining 13" of vertical in 3 months is very impressive. Now you just need to get to the point where you can get the training done without injury as things can and will stay more consistent.

I have been doing pretty damn well keeping with my NYR, making a few good hires at the end of last year has really helped me be able to cut down on the number of hours worth of bullshit I have to deal with on a weekly basis. Having the extra hours during the week is still a little odd to me though, but I'm sure I will be able to fill that up more easily once the weather here in the midwest starts to get to a point that being outside is a little more enjoyable. Once I can start golfing here and not get on a plane, I can start to work on the second NYR I had.
Appreciate 0