E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Radio Issues

04-22-2024, 02:39 PM   #1
JACK_E
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 2010 128i convertible

Radio Issues

My 2010 bmw 128i convertible is having radio issues. The mechanic replaced the fuse box in the car, but now there has been a new issue ever since pickup. The radio has a faint clicking noise, the radio will randomly shut off and power on when listening to the radio, the aux, and USB don’t work (it came from the factory with that), the sos is disabled, and the phone is disabled. That’s my first issue, my next one. I don’t think it is related, but it also might be because both issues started happening after the mechanic; the passenger seat occupancy sensor warning light (the mechanic said when they plugged in obd port thats what came up) on the dash, it’s just the airbag light. is there any workaround for that, or is it just that sensor, or could the connection be loose? Nothing was wrong with the car before the mechanic. Could that be acuseing my radio issues because it disbales the airbag system in the car?I went for a new starter cause the car didn’t start about two months ago, and just got it back from them. The machanic shop thought it was the fuze box causing no start so they replaced that but It turned out that the starter also didn’t work, so they also replaced that. If you have any answers, thank you alot. I do not want to go back to the mechanic. It was a bad experience, and’d rather do it myself if possible.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2024, 05:36 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

Was this a BMW shop because if you didn't take it one that was your first error.
Check the battery voltage would be the first on a list of basic checks.
Check it not just at the battery but at the Fuse box.
The fuse box inside the cabin would have been the wrong place to pursue
a no start issue.
This subforum is mostly for stereo I suggest you also post in the general forum.
To do anything on these cars you usually need your own diagnostics
Ista D and BMW standard tools recommended.
Look for George on the General Forum he likes to solve technical problems.
The Radio has nothing to do with air bags except for reporting the error in an
Idrive car.
Appreciate 0