E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Weight Loss, now to firm up and build muscle

03-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #23
syd
Private
Rep
Drives: .

If you want to see real results you need to dedicate around 4-5 days training. I personally work out one muscle group a day and focus solely on that, so far it has worked well.

2003 JB/IR M3
2009 AW/FR 328i
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #24
Brennan
'The Godfather'
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SAAB 9-3 Aero TTiD

Quote:
Originally Posted by syd View Post
If you want to see real results you need to dedicate around 4-5 days training. I personally work out one muscle group a day and focus solely on that, so far it has worked well.
lets not forget the subject in hand though, as i said i dont want to turn out like the hulk, all i want to do is to firm my body up and build a small amount of muscle on my arms. Im not going to take the whole muscle building thing to the extreme
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 08:37 PM   #25
Brennan
'The Godfather'
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SAAB 9-3 Aero TTiD

Also should i be taking one 'whey protein shake' after weight training, to ensure muscle repair? I dont think i would be taking the shakes at any other time but my regular diet would be made up of mostly protein foods
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 03:40 AM   #26
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

IMO weights one day a week would not be sufficient. There is no issue with having protein shakes even on days that you dont work out as long as you stay within or below your maintenance calorie needs.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #27
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZZ View Post
lets not forget the subject in hand though, as i said i dont want to turn out like the hulk, all i want to do is to firm my body up and build a small amount of muscle on my arms. Im not going to take the whole muscle building thing to the extreme
If it was only that easy to turn in to the hulk. I find these type of statements completely hilarious, I hear them all the time when I give people advise on sups. "Well I don't want to take a "X" sup cause I don't want to get huge"
You will not get huge going 4-5 days a week taking protein only. You will get decent size muscles, going once a week will really do nothing.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #28
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Please post the diet your trainer gives you. Also have him calculate the total macronutirent and caloric breakdown of said diet. This will dictate if you will lose or gain weight.