E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > Baseball cards

05-14-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
SIM SIMMA!
Don't read this sentence!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon: AW E92 M3

Baseball cards

At one point or another did anyone on here collect?

For about a year, my brother and I used to (circa 1988) but quickly grew out of it. There's about 3-4 HUGE binders full of cards that have been sitting on a bookshelf for the last 19 years or so, all in mint condition.

My question is, what is the best way to get rid of all the cards at once while still making a little bit of money? I want to avoid throwing it away as I think there is something to be made.

Advice? Suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Hold on to them right now. Put them in the attic in a box of some sort. Preferably not a cardboard box.

Out of sight, out of mind.

The reason I say this is because the baseball card market has been in a decline in the past years. I would hold off, because I'm sure the market will return in the future. But when, who knows.

Or if you don't want them, just send 'em my way.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I collected them, mostly Yankees cards. My dad gave me a bunch of his cards from the 60's like Mantle and other Yankees but he held on to them and when his house was robbed they took them. :*( I looked to at least replace the Mantle since it was my favorite but it was like $500 and it still wouldn't be the same since it wouldn't be his actual card.

Appreciate 0