E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What is your biggest pet peeve?

06-17-2010, 01:32 PM   #133
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
I've been running into this more and more lately but I absolutely cannot stand overly polite drivers going out of their way to wave people through out of turn at stop signs, stopping short to advocate people turning in and out of lots, shit like that. More than a few times this just causes potentially dangerous situations so fatass in her fucking minivan can shovel grease down her throat obliviously elated at what a good sumaritan she is.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 01:38 PM   #134
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep
Drives: e95 399is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I've been running into this more and more lately but I absolutely cannot stand overly polite drivers going out of their way to wave people through out of turn at stop signs, stopping short to advocate people turning in and out of lots, shit like that. More than a few times this just causes potentially dangerous situations so fatass in her fucking minivan can shovel grease down her throat obliviously elated at what a good sumaritan she is.
I feel you, but you have road rage. I used to have road rage far worse than this, but ever since I stopped driving my 335i I've become increasingly passive.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #135
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoDeeDeee View Post
I feel you, but you have road rage. I used to have road rage far worse than this, but ever since I stopped driving my 335i I've become increasingly passive.
I get peeved by it but I do not have road rage. I don't yell or retaliate or let it affect my driving at all. I was forced to slam on the brakes in a 2+ ton pickup truck with 500lbs of shit in the bed to narrowly avoid an accident because someone in the left lane decided to stop about 3 car lengths short of red light to let someone turning left through.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 02:08 PM   #136
XiaoDeeDeee
Banned
Rep
Drives: e95 399is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I get peeved by it but I do not have road rage. I don't yell or retaliate or let it affect my driving at all. I was forced to slam on the brakes in a 2+ ton pickup truck with 500lbs of shit in the bed to narrowly avoid an accident because someone in the left lane decided to stop about 3 car lengths short of red light to let someone turning left through.
Definitely feel you. Had it been me, you would've seen a chubby Asian kid honking the horn severely and then at the earliest opportunity proceed to cut the "offender" off and continue to harass/play brake games until the "offender" becomes exasperated and takes a right at the next street.

Ever seen a chubby Asian kid angry? It's comedy I'd imagine
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #137
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaoDeeDeee View Post
Ever seen a chubby Asian kid angry? It's comedy I'd imagine
Nope, let's make this happen
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #138
Sal@AUTOcouture
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E36 M3

I have a bunch, but the one that always gets me is when people say "pair" of rims. No its not a PAIR (2), its a SET (4).

/rant
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #139
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by radix View Post
Look at it this way, that's a hell of a lot better than saying mine when you mean mines.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #140
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Slow internetz
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #141
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
And headaches
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 10:59 AM   #142
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@AUTOcouture View Post
I have a bunch, but the one that always gets me is when people say "pair" of rims. No its not a PAIR (2), its a SET (4).

/rant
Sorry, but I hate when people say rims. Rims are only one component of WHEELS! There's also the hub and the spokes in addition to the rims. Whether its a pair or a set is irrelevant, unless you are talking about a bicycle, they are wheels!

Oh, and I despise overly sweet/falsely sweet people on the telephone. I had a phone call today and I couldn't even concentrate on what the woman was saying because her voice was so falsely dripping with enthusiasm it made me sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 12:09 PM   #143
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
Oh, and I despise overly sweet/falsely sweet people on the telephone. I had a phone call today and I couldn't even concentrate on what the woman was saying because her voice was so falsely dripping with enthusiasm it made me sick.
It's called customer service, bruh.

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 12:44 PM   #144
CIGARGUY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 e90

Quote:
Sorry, but I hate when people say rims. Rims are only one component of WHEELS!
This. Drives me insane.

Also, I can't stand tailgaters. People where I live feel like if they allow more than a car length from their front bumper to your back bumper, no matter the speed, it's too much room. Pisses me off.
      06-18-2010, 01:41 PM   #145
Feyd
Major
Rep
Drives: a DEEZZULL

I've got one.

How about people who use "barbecuing" for anything involving a grill.

Example 1:
"Let's fire up the BBQ"

Example 2:
Them: And then after the game we're going to have some BBQ in the back yard.
Me: Sweet what are you BBQ'ing (Barbecue is literally my favorite food, so of course I'm excited)
Them: Oh, just hot dogs and hamburgers.
Me: Oh... that's cool (faking enthusiasm).
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 02:12 PM   #146
CIGARGUY
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 e90

Oh, yeah. I also can't stand people who act like they know all about the topic of discussion when you know without a doubt they have no idea. It makes me just want to call them out.

I was trying to explain specific details of cigar smoking to one of my wife's co-workers (who asked me about it...she is also a female and doesn't smoke) last week. As I proceeded to talk about different shapes and sizes of cigars she would constantly remark as if she already knew everything I was telling her. If you already know, don't ask me!
      06-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #147
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

I wrote this in the "weird things you do" thread, but I close my eyes when I brush my teeth. Not sure why, I think I try to visualize the toothbrush going over my teeth.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 03:52 PM   #148
Mk23
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92

Garage List
2009 335i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by grieverr View Post
I wrote this in the "weird things you do" thread, but I close my eyes when I brush my teeth. Not sure why, I think I try to visualize the toothbrush going over my teeth.
Okay...
      06-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #149
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
It's called customer service, bruh.
No, it's not It's a disingenuous attempt to ingratiate themselves to me as a way to cover their stupidity. No thank you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #150
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
No, it's not It's a disingenuous attempt to ingratiate themselves to me as a way to cover their stupidity. No thank you...

Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 01:13 AM   #151
Alexander
Mad tyte EuR0 style boooi <--- Joke
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30, E85, MKVI

Quote:
Sorry, but I hate when people say rims. Rims are only one component of WHEELS! There's also the hub and the spokes in addition to the rims. Whether its a pair or a set is irrelevant, unless you are talking about a bicycle, they are wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIGARGUY View Post
This. Drives me insane.

Also, I can't stand tailgaters. People where I live feel like if they allow more than a car length from their front bumper to your back bumper, no matter the speed, it's too much room. Pisses me off.
Yes its so annoying. I've recently just been posting in threads and simply replying "Wheels, not rims."

I hate when people tailgate me. If I am going 10 over in the right lane there is no reason why you should be on my ass. If we are driving through town and there is traffic you shouldn't be on my ass. The only time you should get fairly close to someone is if they are refuse to get out of the fast lane and are going the speed of smell. It's so fucking annoying. Look bitch my brakes are 100x better than yours and I really don't feel like getting rear ended today because you need to text suzie rotten crotch about how tough your life is.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #152
grieverr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk335i View Post
Okay...
Um, yea....sorry. I understand that my toothbrush comment has nothing to do with pet peeves. Not sure why I thought to write that here. Brain fart....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #153
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
This phone thing at work is becoming uncanny to a fault.

-All morning, 2-3 people here available to take calls, phone rings once

-10 min ago, I'm the only left available to take calls, phone is still quiet

-I get up to take a piss, phone rings twice while I'm pissing

-I go to caller ID to call back the missed call who called twice during my 45 second piss (which brings me to another pet peeve...people who call back RIGHT AWAY after you don't pick up - WTF if I was busy 15 seconds ago what makes you think I'm still not busy? Why not wait 5 min at least?!?!)

-While I'm talking to the missed call, phone rings 2 more times, again, a tech calling me twice once right after another...WAIT 2 MIN HOW HARD IS THAT

-Phone rings while I'm returning THAT call, which I'm able to cut the convo short to answer in time.

This brings me to yet another phone related pet peeve. Do not call me and have the conversation go as follows:

me: Hello
caller: Uhhhhhhhhh
me: ...
caller: Soooo....
me:
caller: oh! blah blah blah blah

WTF are you calling for? Spit it out! Jesus.

Now someone else just got in, 2 people available to take calls. How much you wanna bet the phone doesn't ring once?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2010, 04:08 PM   #154
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
People yelling into the phone. You having a hard time hearing the other end? Turn the speaker up. Yelling does not help you hear them better. My dad used to do this then one day I turned the volume up on all the phones he uses. Doesn't do it anymore

LOL lots of phone ones from me lately
Appreciate 0