E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > BS overtime parking ticket + witness. What?

06-08-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
drunkenup
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i, 2021 F150

BS overtime parking ticket + witness. What?

I was at Belmar just yesterday with some friends and parked by the side of the boardwalk where parking is paid by electronic meter stations, each located about.. 250 meters from each other. Parked, got my stuff out and walked away to pay. Got my receipt, paid for 5 hours at 4:18 PM.

Get back at 8, oh joy, a fucking ticket on the windshield.

Overtime meter, issued at 4:20, two minutes after I paid, and it looks like I have to make an appearance. And the weirdest part, there is a signature of a complaining witness. What the hell is there to complain about? Nobody was in the spot when I found it and according to my receipt, I wasn't feeding a meter or anything since it expired exactly 5 hours after I paid. HOWEVER, there was a couple of people getting stuff out of a car next to mine when I got there.

I walked around trying to find a cop, and a guy told me you need to display the ticket on the dash, but nobody had and Belmar's own website says to TAKE your ticket with you.. nothing about displaying it.

Any advice about fighting this? I have the receipt, can print my bank statement.. what else could I need? Summons is scheduled for the morning after my HS graduation.. awesome. Anyways.. the hell with Belmar, the only good part of my first ever trip there was surf taco.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
BMWUltimateDriv3r
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 328xi

Get the hell out of NJ.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #3
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
LOL! Wtf? That sucks. Hope you get it sorted out.
      06-08-2014, 05:59 PM   #4
evoix
Major
Rep
Drives: X3m Evo IX Evo X

take the receipt to the judge and it will be dismissed. As long as the receipt you have overlaps the time the ticket was written, you have nothing to worry about. I think cops do it just bc they know people won't show and will just plead guilty. Sucks
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #5
drunkenup
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWUltimateDriv3r View Post
Get the hell out of NJ.
wish I could.. I have to spend 4/5 more years here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_Oldboy View Post
LOL! Wtf? That sucks. Hope you get it sorted out.
yeah.. especially about the presence of a witness, I'm puzzled. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoix View Post
take the receipt to the judge and it will be dismissed. As long as the receipt you have overlaps the time the ticket was written, you have nothing to worry about. I think cops do it just bc they know people won't show and will just plead guilty. Sucks
Sounds good, ticket came two minutes after I paid to rent the spot.

I'm still scratching my head about this witness. There's no way someone could know I had or hadn't paid.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #6
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

No way! I got ticketed for the same shit but on the west coast a few days ago! Paid the meter and they ticketed my car 12 mins later. I called the local service handler and they voided it after I sent them the receipt and my registration via email.

They did have a good laugh at their services after my plate frame showed them meter maids hating lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkenup View Post
I was at Belmar just yesterday with some friends and parked by the side of the boardwalk where parking is paid by electronic meter stations, each located about.. 250 meters from each other. Parked, got my stuff out and walked away to pay. Got my receipt, paid for 5 hours at 4:18 PM.

Get back at 8, oh joy, a fucking ticket on the windshield.

Overtime meter, issued at 4:20, two minutes after I paid, and it looks like I have to make an appearance. And the weirdest part, there is a signature of a complaining witness. What the hell is there to complain about? Nobody was in the spot when I found it and according to my receipt, I wasn't feeding a meter or anything since it expired exactly 5 hours after I paid. HOWEVER, there was a couple of people getting stuff out of a car next to mine when I got there.

I walked around trying to find a cop, and a guy told me you need to display the ticket on the dash, but nobody had and Belmar's own website says to TAKE your ticket with you.. nothing about displaying it.

Any advice about fighting this? I have the receipt, can print my bank statement.. what else could I need? Summons is scheduled for the morning after my HS graduation.. awesome. Anyways.. the hell with Belmar, the only good part of my first ever trip there was surf taco.
if you dont display the ticket in your windshield , how would they know you paid for parking . The meters are not designated for each spot like you described it , more like one meter for many parking spots.

In canada if you have a meter designated for each spot , you do not even get a receipt but most meters are designated for many parking spots and they provide a ticket which you are supposed to put in your car so that they know you paid for it , i thought that was standard
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 09:12 PM   #8
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

This is what we call first world problems.

Although NJ is f***** up beyond belief. I remember parking in Westfield once, and nowhere does it say when the hours of operation are for the electronic parking meter. Was about to pay and a girl in the GAP said you don't have to pay after 5 pm. Again, NOWHERE does it say that. The end.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #9
drunkenup
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
if you dont display the ticket in your windshield , how would they know you paid for parking . The meters are not designated for each spot like you described it , more like one meter for many parking spots.

In canada if you have a meter designated for each spot , you do not even get a receipt but most meters are designated for many parking spots and they provide a ticket which you are supposed to put in your car so that they know you paid for it , i thought that was standard
you forgot to bold something, moron

"Belmar's own website says to TAKE your ticket with you.. nothing about displaying it."

In fact, I'll just copy + paste: After you have paid at the meter machines, please keep your receipt (no need to take it back to your car). http://belmar.com/content.php?npid=2...232&menu_id=21

Taran.J, hopefully I can save the trip down there and just send my receipt and ticket..

John 070, there are an awful lot of people in Jersey who are just plain mentally deficient. evoix is probably right and cops are just ticketing cause they figure people won't bother coming to fight. Doesn't help I have plate frames from a Princeton dealership. Belmar needs the money afterall.. maybe eventually they can build some real facilities
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #10
Taran.J
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, LEX, MBZ, RAM, TESLA

Totally bro hope it works out for you. This shit is sad; after you put in your cars info and spot number. It isn't my fault the meter maid didn't see my car pull in or didn't refresh her system. Damn shame.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2014, 10:34 PM   #11
rick100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
you forgot to bold something, moron

"Belmar's own website says to TAKE your ticket with you.. nothing about displaying it."

In fact, I'll just copy + paste: After you have paid at the meter machines, please keep your receipt (no need to take it back to your car). http://belmar.com/content.php?npid=2...232&menu_id=21

Taran.J, hopefully I can save the trip down there and just send my receipt and ticket..

John 070, there are an awful lot of people in Jersey who are just plain mentally deficient. evoix is probably right and cops are just ticketing cause they figure people won't bother coming to fight. Doesn't help I have plate frames from a Princeton dealership. Belmar needs the money afterall.. maybe eventually they can build some real facilities
Im not the moron who got the ticket for not displaying on the dash , just like any normal person would do , unless you are a moron of course... how is the officer supposed to know you paid for your parking spot if the meter is one for all the spot on the street ,common sense , maybe next time think about that ...

Good luck wasting your time and money fighting it to save 30 bucks
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 05:54 AM   #12
drunkenup
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Im not the moron who got the ticket for not displaying on the dash , just like any normal person would do , unless you are a moron of course... how is the officer supposed to know you paid for your parking spot if the meter is one for all the spot on the street ,common sense , maybe next time think about that ...

Use your imagination.. its an electronic payment system. Why wouldn't officers have real time access to timers?

its not moronic when the city's own website says NOT to display it
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 06:02 AM   #13
evoix
Major
Rep

Quote:

Where I park the meter maids have computers that tell if the spot is paid for. They get an alert when the time is up and they don't look for tickets anymore. Idk how you guys do it In canada but that's the old fashioned way. Shits changed so don't knock the guy for not putting the receipt on the dash. Maybe one day you will catch up with some new technology.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 09:21 AM   #14
rick100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Where I park the meter maids have computers that tell if the spot is paid for. They get an alert when the time is up and they don't look for tickets anymore. Idk how you guys do it In canada but that's the old fashioned way. Shits changed so don't knock the guy for not putting the receipt on the dash. Maybe one day you will catch up with some new technology.

maybe one day you guys can use common sense and avoid stupid tickets... or cry about it in a forum as Im sure it will make the ticket go away.....

Last edited by rick100; 06-09-2014 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #15
drunkenup
Captain
Rep

Quote:
maybe one day you guys can use common sense and avoid stupid tickets... or cry about it in a forum as Im sure it will make the ticket go away.....
Common sense is not displaying the ticket because you looked it up and it said you don't have to.... Its funny how you completely fail to acknowledge that
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #16
evoix
Major
Rep

Or you can keep your dumbass opinion to yourself if you and post in the Canadian forum
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #17
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWUltimateDriv3r View Post
Get the hell out of NJ.
Hahaha I was about to suggest the same. Just don't come to SoCal though. Other than the weather, it isn't any better.
JBD @ 100% | KW ST Coilovers | M3 rep. front bumper | 888Concepts AE Upgrade | GP Thunder 7500k fogs | Cyba 4" carbon tips | BSW Stage 1 | APEX ARC-8 W/ Michelin PSS | Ziza LED interior | Weisslicht LED side lenses | Sprint Booster | Euro side mirrors | M-Sport semi-conversion | Coded | LOTS of carbon fiber
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #18
canusaybimmy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Frozen Black 2018 M4

Damn that's a shitty situation. You shouldn't have a problem getting out of that ticket though. Although that witness thing seems a bit confusing.

Anyway good luck.

"When I'm sick...I just stop being sick and be awesome instead...True Story."
Twitter: @Efrtls | Instagram: Efrtls
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 10:44 AM   #19
KMEninety335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Monaco Blue 335i xdrive

Garage List
Quote:
Common sense is not displaying the ticket because you looked it up and it said you don't have to.... Its funny how you completely fail to acknowledge that
Don't mind idiots. Yes you should usually keep the ticket on display in the car but if you have proof that the website says take it with you, I would take that ticket with the proof that you paid and the proof that it says keep your ticket with you to the judge.

It should be dismissed. NJ sucks I know all about it.
2010 E90 335i xdrive | Monaco Blue with Black Interior | All Packages except Sport :/ | Apex EC-7 | Active Autowerke Strut Bar | Roc Euro DCI | Roc Euro Hyperboost DVs | aFe Scoops | BMW Performance Exhaust | BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 11:39 AM   #20
rick100
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Or you can keep your dumbass opinion to yourself if you and post in the Canadian forum

i post wherever I want to , if you don't like it tough luck , go cry somewhere else
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 11:40 AM   #21
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Take a picture of the receipt because those papers fade over time.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
evoix
Major
Rep

Quote:
i post wherever I want to , if you don't like it tough luck , go cry somewhere else
Are you 16? Have a great day in your cool ass country that have meters for each parking spot. Aaayy
Appreciate 0