E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > Let's put our Brains together on an old topic that never has been answered

07-22-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
elester12
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Let's put our Brains together on an old topic that never has been answered

All,
I own three BMW's (2009 328I, 2010 328I, and a 2010 X5 Diesel) and would LOVE to edit the configurations on them. I also own a Volkswagen TDI. My question is regarding a possible way to code our cars and what options do we have when it comes down to the tools used to complete the task of coding.

There is a member on this forum who provides the following services for a fee and I quote it from his post.
"
- remote folding mirrors coding - press the lock button for 2 seconds and the mirrors will fold, when you unlock the car they will unfold automatically
- remote windows and sunroof opening/closing
- digital speedometer coding
- Euro blinkers coding
- retrofit coding, e.g. OEM Alarm coding, Sirius
- errors clearing
- E92 LCI taillights coding
- remove any errors caused by aftermarket bulbs or lights
- coding digital/analog audio output in the head unit (Stereo, HiFi, Logic7)
- US to Euro Radio frequencies coding
"

While I support him/her and would love to pay them, whats stopping us from doing all this ourselves? If they can figure it out why can't we? I believe these forums are for putting our minds together and figuring these tasks out instead of just paying for them to be done!

Any ideas on how its done? For VW you can purchase the VAG-COM but that's only for VW. I've read about GT1's, PROGMANS, etc etc... but no one has figured out a direct method of playing with our cars settings.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Im all about this
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Here is what I would like to be able to code:

- power folding mirrors with hitting lock on key fob
- install led license plate bulbs (and clear codes)
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #4
fcioffi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128iSULEV

I am having a terrible time installing aftermarket BMW Performance seats in my 2011 128i. . . . first the place that installed them couldn't code the computer; then a BMW dealer told me to throw the seats away, that they were not installable; and then yet another shop, this one an "autologic" shop, told me I'd need a airbag bypass emulator or some such, which I ordered from Ireland and then found could not be installed either. Any suggestions on what to do? I get the airbag activated and seat belt light always illuminated now. . . . One guy told me, "It's simple: live with it!" Now the dealer that sold me the seats tells me I just need to get my car "recoded." Huh? What? How do I do this?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #5
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Posted answer here

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...61&postcount=3
      01-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #6
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcioffi View Post
I am having a terrible time installing aftermarket BMW Performance seats in my 2011 128i. . . . first the place that installed them couldn't code the computer; then a BMW dealer told me to throw the seats away, that they were not installable; and then yet another shop, this one an "autologic" shop, told me I'd need a airbag bypass emulator or some such, which I ordered from Ireland and then found could not be installed either. Any suggestions on what to do? I get the airbag activated and seat belt light always illuminated now. . . . One guy told me, "It's simple: live with it!" Now the dealer that sold me the seats tells me I just need to get my car "recoded." Huh? What? How do I do this?
talk to forum vendors, such as EAS. They sell performance seats and have done various installations!

Also, post pics when you are done! I want to see