E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > 2011 NFL Regular Season Chat Thread...

09-28-2011, 10:13 AM   #45
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
No likey Romo eh?

These two teams have a solid history but this game may be the most even matchup in a long time.

Romo stays upright, Dallas wins. Even though Matthew is a local guy I am still seeing him on the ground a lot with Andre Ware staring down at him.

Costa blamed Skins for yelling snap signals...
3 times was it?

C'mon man!

The Skins blitzed a shitload and still didnt hit Tony too often. So, im pretty sure they dont have to worry about the Lions blitzes. And with the weapons back on the field, I REALY cant see them blitzing and leaving them open in the secondary. Tony has nothing to worry about here if the corners stay tight.

Dallas Defense, arguably one at the top of the league is going to stifle the momentum of the Lions a lot.

Good game, but close... Dallas W all over it though. You see the record, Dallas has 9 straight games decided by 3 or fewer points now.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:31 AM   #46
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Here's a question out there for all the Giant haters... What is everyone's unbiased opinion on Victor Cruz. I have been having conversations about this kid all week with Giant's fans and Eagle's fans.

What do you think about the kid?
We should never of IR'd him last year...That cost us
The kid is a play maker he just needs more time
The question is what happens when the Pharaoh comes of the PUP
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 10:41 AM   #47
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post
The Skins blitzed a shitload and still didnt hit Tony too often. So, im pretty sure they dont have to worry about the Lions blitzes. And with the weapons back on the field, I REALY cant see them blitzing and leaving them open in the secondary. Tony has nothing to worry about here if the corners stay tight.

Dallas Defense, arguably one at the top of the league is going to stifle the momentum of the Lions a lot.

Good game, but close... Dallas W all over it though. You see the record, Dallas has 9 straight games decided by 3 or fewer points now.
I love the confidence of Cowboy fans, I was impressed when they played the Jest's but since then not so much.
I think the Lions are going to crush that O line and pathetic running game of Dallas
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 11:21 AM   #48
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Here's a question out there for all the Giant haters... What is everyone's unbiased opinion on Victor Cruz. I have been having conversations about this kid all week with Giant's fans and Eagle's fans.

What do you think about the kid?
i knew this kid was going to be good after watching him in preseason games LAST year... he simply has playmaker abilities for sure... surprised he didnt play in the 2010 season after the exceptional preseason he had. Im glad he finally got his shot and proved himself so far....so far...
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 11:26 AM   #49
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel135i View Post

not have to worry about the Lion's blitzes? have you forgotten about ol' Nick Fairley (War Eagle!) and A. Suh on the front line? with just those two rushing alone, I'd still be worried of tony still ending up on the ground... having very effective pass rush from interior linemen make LB blitzes even more effective... if I was the Lions, I'd definitely send blitzes early to test the durability of Romo. (unfortunate to say because I have Romo on fantasy this year , but I did pick up Eli manning this week who did amazing against the eagles with that elite secondary.)

I can definitely see the Lions pulling out a W if they can get to Romo early.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 11:28 AM   #50
SpmnE9zero
DENY THE WORLD THAT SURROUNDS YOU
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB 33ZERO

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Looks like Pittsburgh needs to start prospecting some younger defensive players. DAMN! I guess all great things must come to an end! Still playing decent, ,but not what they used to be.
      09-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #51
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU335i View Post
not have to worry about the Lion's blitzes? have you forgotten about ol' Nick Fairley (War Eagle!) and A. Suh on the front line? with just those two rushing alone, I'd still be worried of tony still ending up on the ground... having very effective pass rush from interior linemen make LB blitzes even more effective... if I was the Lions, I'd definitely send blitzes early to test the durability of Romo. (unfortunate to say because I have Romo on fantasy this year , but I did pick up Eli manning this week who did amazing against the eagles with that elite secondary.)

I can definitely see the Lions pulling out a W if they can get to Romo early.
Fairley will probably be out (actually I think it's been confirmed that he won't play), but Corey Williams isn't exactly a bad player.

Cunningham has been surprisingly conservative with the blitzes this year, so it's mainly just been the front four pressuring QBs. Even so, we're still getting to them regularly. Once we see more reason for having confidence in the new LB corps and secondary, expect to see a lot more damage to opposing QBs.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #52
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Stafford can't make a habit of starting the game looking like Joey Harrington. I don't care how good you are in the second half if you spend the entire first half keeping your defense on the field and giving the other team great field position. He needs to wake the fuck up.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 03:08 PM   #53
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Wow that phantom holding call really sucked....
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #54
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Fuck yeah... Lions come back again! Cowgirls gonna cry all week...
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:01 PM   #55
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Suh needs to cut the shit out. I don't mind the penalties he gets for being "mean" or hungry, but that shot to Blomo's face was shitty and could have cost us the game. If we had lost, you know he would have been on the hook for it, and I hope Schwartz leans into him really hard.

That being said, I've always been a fan of Carpenter, despite the school he went to. LBs today led the team in tackles which is always good (last year it was a lot of secondary guys and linemen).

Peterman and Backus are severe liabilities as expected. Cunningham needs to start blitzing more, and at least get your DBs and LBs on the line to disrupt the routes sometimes. Stafford needs to start his games better. Best is getting beat up already despite not even getting many carries. Special teams coverage is shit.

We've got plenty to work on. At least when Fairley gets back, we'll gain at least 10 yards per game just by not having to have Corey Williams jump offsides all the time.

We're not going to be able to rely on that game plan to win a whole lot of games. Right now, we're sending a message that "Yeah, we're the Lions, and you can knock us down, but we'll get up and knock you the fuck out." That message needs to be the same, but how about we not get knocked down in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:05 PM   #56
PhillyNate
ENTHUSIAST
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Porsche Cayman

Garage List
...and sadly the Eagles officially stink. It's "players only meeting" time. Even I'm tired of Andy Reid at this point.
2011 Alpine White BMW M3 6mt ZCP Coupe(forced retirement 06/06/14)
2008 Alpine White BMW 328i 6mt Coupe(retired 06/21/11
)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 04:55 PM   #57
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

Yes! Bills Suck... The Toronto Bills bandwagon has developed a slow leak
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #58
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Haha Rob Ryan, you still think CJ would only be the third best receiver on your team? Thanks for the ammo, and thanks for the victory!

Too bad these guys are so classless, makes their dad look like shit, but I'm tired of this trash family. GO RAVENS.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #59
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Yeah, I think the Eagles are done for the season =///

hopefully its enough to get Andy reid and Juan Castillo fired
      10-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #60
Caddyshk
M = Midlife Crisis
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 Z4MC Interlagos

The player gave himself up
SS Race Cans, RE X Pipe, DKF Sec 1, Fabspeed Headers, OE STB, AS Shifter, Dave Z CDV, GC Coil Overs, Stoptech lines, Hawk DTC Pads, RE Clutch Stop, RE Transmission Mounts, Vibra-Technics Engine Mounts, Poly FCAB & RTAB, LeatherZ M Shift Boot, Tekarbon Rear Spoiler, CF Grills, Advan RS DGM
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #61
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #62
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyshk View Post
The player gave himself up
Yes he did
Victor Cruz is also buying lottery tickets tonight
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #63
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Haha Rob Ryan, you still think CJ would only be the third best receiver on your team? Thanks for the ammo, and thanks for the victory!

Too bad these guys are so classless, makes their dad look like shit, but I'm tired of this trash family. GO RAVENS.
Great win
and Buddy Ryan is one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever be in the NFL
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:16 PM   #64
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregxi View Post
Great win
and Buddy Ryan is one of the biggest pieces of shit to ever be in the NFL
Yeah that's true.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #65
eaglesfan83
FIRE TOEZ!!!!!
Rep
Drives: Pending Order

Garage List
Andy Reid needs to go. I never blamed him but this was out of hand. The new defense SUCKS. We have and picked players and have gone away from the blitz heavy style that made our defense great. Blitz and let the corners earn their money on coverage!

On a good note I am glad the Cowboys suck...I love watching Romo self destruct.
Pending- Something New and BMW
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #66
Gregxi
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan83 View Post
Andy Reid needs to stay forever. I never blamed him but this was out of our hands the 49ers are a far superior team . The new defense RULES. We have and picked players and have gone away from the blitz heavy style that made our defense mediocre. Blitz and let the corners earn their money for just showing up on Sunday! I love the fact we will never win a Superbowl

On a good note I am glad the Cowboys suck...I love watching Romo self destruct.
FIXED
Appreciate 0