E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Crazy buyer....What to do?

11-16-2011, 03:54 AM   #1
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Crazy buyer....What to do?

Sorry to make this long

Cliff notes:
Sell item to buyer
buyer unhappy, opens paypal dispute without patience.
Buyer crazy/sends harassing text messages
Wtf to do.

So... I sold something (worth so little $$...) to someone.

They are unhappy with it....
Said I sent the wrong thing/not as described/etc etc.

I calmly told him that if indeed did make an honest mistake and sent him the wrong item, then I have no issue refunding it, as long as he returns the item to me. I am only human after all, and am not immune to making mistakes
He ends up opening a paypal claim without even responding to my response (I responded to his email immediately after I received it, but the claim was opened later..).
I was like...um okay...I said I'd do it as long as you can show me I sent you the wrong thing...
So he escalates it to a paypal dispute, fine w/e I'll let paypal deal with it. I submitted my evidence and my side of the story. Then I "forgot" (meaning I just don't care so I'll wait for paypal to make a decision) about it...

But this guy is freaking relentless and annoying.

First he sent these:

I called paypal and reported it.
I'm like wtf...why do you care about where I live? and who the heck are you to be threatening me?

Now it's been a couple weeks...and he sends these tonight (sorry they're out of out of order, they came out weird...)

To be honest, I had no problem refunding his $ if he would sent me the stuff back. But he's being a real a$$. To a point where I'm thinking "just lose the $ and forget about it" or "don't give in, this dude is a real POS and you can't have him have his way."
Plus, I don't even know how to refund him his money since he apparently doesn't care about paypal...and I need to wait for them to finish their investigation. I'm not sending him $ and then waiting for paypal to be neutral and just say "buyer return, seller refund." he would get double the $

I'm generally a stubborn individual, but this has really gone too far. I don't fking care about the $, but then I feel like "giving in"...I really am thinking about this too much.

I spoke to Paypal on the phone regarding this matter and they advised me to stick to the claim and don't refund this (and I quote) "crazy individual"

The dude sent me like 15 text messages while I was busy doing more important things...real PITA.

I stopped by my local Police station and they recommended I file a restraining order lol..
Don't really feel like standing in line at the courthouse and paying a couple hundred dollars (which is several times more than the value of the item) for a restraining order.
In a way, I want to do it to "teach him a lesson," but who am I to be teaching people any lessons?

And...wtf is this about him wanting me to apologize on bimmerpost? or else he'll have me banned??

The dude doesn't even have enough posts to send a PM! and 0 iTrader
Who the hell is he to threaten me with getting me banned? He should get banned lol I contribute to much to be taken away :P

Any mods want to chime in on this??

And what is this he's saying I should talk to my legal council?
And that wire fraud or something? wtheck? I've never heard of anything like this for such a small amount over an online sale.

I'm confused as to where he's going with all this and what he's said.

I'm not even sure if I can refund him now that the dispute has been filed, I've never had to deal with a paypal dispute.

Please note that, although I didn't post copies of my text messages, I mainly kept saying stuff like "excuse me?" "I don't know what you're trying to say (this was at first cause they came really out of order...hard to read), "Why are you so upset?" etc. I didn't think it was worth it to post them. I already posted enough lol

It's 1am, and I'm exhausted, so please do excuse my poor English and grammar. As some may know from my other thousands of posts, I tend to (well at least I try to) be grammatically correct as much as I can.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 06:55 AM   #2
lopealle
Resident Black Guy
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: Lion

Garage List
2006 M5  [10.00]
Kill him
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:06 AM   #3
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

sounds like he's threatening you...call the cops

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:12 AM   #4
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Yeah... Report this shit to the police. That will teach this little shit some manners. It is definitely the work of a child.
      11-16-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Yeah... Report this shit to the police. That will teach this little shit some manners. It is definitely the work of a child.
+1. Just curious, how did he get your cellphone number?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:40 AM   #6
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

This...IS... SPARTA!!!

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
A dead person's mouth is the most quiet.
      11-16-2011, 08:06 AM   #8
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
sounds like he's threatening you...call the cops
+1 get his ass locked up!

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #9
g_rant
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
A dead person's mouth is the most quiet.
      11-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #10
Memphis1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 SDrive 35i

Stop replying to him and advise your cellphone provider to track all calls and messages to you from his number. Forward all threats to paypal and based on that they wont honor his request. if he continues to harrass you definitely take it to court.
      11-16-2011, 08:08 AM   #11
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Refund $45.

End story.
      11-16-2011, 08:16 AM   #12
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
Refund $45.

End story.
I would say so too, but at the same time, that person needs to learn a lesson.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #13
1sikbmr
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
this. don't stop. You technically have nothing more to lose than $45 and the item. He's got a shit load more because of his stupidity.

F80 ///M3 6MT Avus Blue ZCP
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:23 AM   #14
Jebus335
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Stick to your guns... I've dealt with ass-hats like that before, they do this to get free products from weak individuals. (This is all assuming that this played out like you said) What did you sell him anyway?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:42 AM   #15
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep
Drives: Saturn Redline

I'm confused, this is a member of bimmerpost then?

this will be your immediate first issue, as you know he has your cell phone, and can likely easily find your email address. Crazy people do stupid stuff. So just watch your ass (restraining order is not a horrible idea).

You actually have a suit for harassment. If I were you, I'd look into that. I'd simply, and succinctly tell him to stop harassing you and let Paypal handle the arbitration. If he continues, sue his ass.

But to make sure you understand, NOTHING he says is true in terms of other effects. You're not committing fraud by the government. And you sure as fuck aren't committing wire fraud.

There is no monetary things for you to be worried about, ONLY about his crazy ass finding out where you live. but again remember the harassment suit you have and you might want to start consulting with some local attornies
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 08:54 AM   #16
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
Quote:
Refund $45.

End story.
The buyer has his contact info. Why would you continue to get harrassing messages and go to the police when you can refund and move on?

If this contact was only through e-mail that is different. Cell phone communication changes a lot.

Persain just pay the crazy fuck and move on. Not that hard.
      11-16-2011, 08:57 AM   #17
ABQ325i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E60 535i + 06 E90 330i

Garage List
2008 535i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Do not refund unless he returns the item. I get these from time to time from eBay buyers who think they can bully you into getting a refund and keeping the item.

About once a year I will get a threat like this. Last year I sold an item to a guy who was not happy, he was going to have my real estate license taken away because I wanted the item back before the refund. He even actually wrote a letter to the Real Estate Commission complaining.

Bottom line is, if he is not happy then he can return for a full refund.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #18
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The buyer has his contact info. Why would you continue to get harrassing messages and go to the police when you can refund and move on?

If this contact was only through e-mail that is different. Cell phone communication changes a lot.

Persain just pay the crazy fuck and move on. Not that hard.
You have the chance to be in the States and sue everyone you want. That person needs to learn a lesson, since he will probably keep doing the same thing this entire life. People like this are a pain for our society, and they need to get their sh*** straight. He is probably a POS who doesn't anything of his days, and keep getting free items by doing stuff like that.

I can imagine that person just keep texting and texting without even the slight intentions of doing something. Did you see? He said "last chance" probably four times. He won't do anything, he just wants 45$. He will sh*** his pants when OP comes with a restraining order. DO IT.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #19
Jerzguju
India
Rep
Drives: 328xi

damn talk about a stage V clinger....
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
driersheets
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I'm confused, this is a member of bimmerpost then?

this will be your immediate first issue, as you know he has your cell phone, and can likely easily find your email address. Crazy people do stupid stuff. So just watch your ass (restraining order is not a horrible idea).

You actually have a suit for harassment. If I were you, I'd look into that. I'd simply, and succinctly tell him to stop harassing you and let Paypal handle the arbitration. If he continues, sue his ass.

But to make sure you understand, NOTHING he says is true in terms of other effects. You're not committing fraud by the government. And you sure as fuck aren't committing wire fraud.

There is no monetary things for you to be worried about, ONLY about his crazy ass finding out where you live. but again remember the harassment suit you have and you might want to start consulting with some local attornies
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #21
1ForAll
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92

Garage List
I would not refund the $, the guy is obviously being an ass hat. This guy is harassing/threatening you and I would submit all the text to paypal.

On a side note, this is why I do not do business with noobs on the forum..
      11-16-2011, 10:03 AM   #22
TimZ
Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: X5M

I would defiantly report this, maybe ask your lawyer for some guidance too. Teach this guy a lesson.

And I wouldn't say never do business with people on the forum, maybe do it locally or with the respectable members
Appreciate 0