E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > ridiculous! Pulled over for having "blue lights"

03-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #45
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
In the US,I think you're not allowed to have flashing blue / red lights on your car. Also you can't have any red in the front of your vehicle. Front turn signals can be amber or white, not red; rear turn signals can be red or amber, but not white.
Fixed that for you...

Andrew
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2008, 07:43 PM   #46
Fubarsky
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
Agreed, I think I slightly misinterpreted your post. Sorry about that.

Andrew
Hey NP man, it's just that I amazed at the stories I hear from cop buddies, it would blow your mind. And the comment made about the cop who said it was a good day on busting that guy with some drugs that went over the white line is so true. That is exactly what I hear from these guys over drinks,.
I get the impression its what they live for and one of the main reasons I quit stoking in the car.
      03-29-2008, 07:47 PM   #47
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
Haha, so last night I was with a friend and we were going back to his place after we picked up some food. On the way back I saw a cop next to me (left lane).. anyways, didint take it much and just continued to drive along.. suddenly, he pulls off to the side, I'm thinking oh, hes probably turning around, but he just stopped, looked like he was trying to pull someone over for speeding. Next thing I know, he swerves into the lane I'm in an comes up behind me really quick, and then after about a minute or so tailgating me, he decides to turn on his lights.. (I'm thinking WTH? Hes actually going to pull me over...) take note that I did nothing wrong, didnt even go past the speed limit (35). anyways, I pull off to the side and he comes up to me and asks for my license and registration etc etc. gave it to him, and he goes.. "you know why I pulled you over right?" I say, "no", he replies, from very far away it looks like you have "blue" lights on your license plate lights.. did your car come like this or did you modify it?... I told him that it didnt come like that, but now the newer 08' models are coming standard with LED lights.. he goes back to check them out again and after asking about it 3 more times, he lets me go.. .

long story short, (for you lazy people), cop pulled me over for having LED license plate lights.. no ticket or any, just wasted my time..
Wow, sounds like a great use of my tax $$$$$
      03-29-2008, 07:52 PM   #48
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by a/r design View Post
Wow, sounds like a great use of my tax $$$$$
Don't even get me started on tax dollars. Where I live it can all be summed up in one word, "pothole". Sorry for the OT thread hijack, but the wasting of my tax money really pisses me off.

Andrew
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:23 AM   #49
eleven
第一台寶馬! 爽!
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i | '08 328xi Coupe

Garage List
2024 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2008 E92 328xi  [0.00]
guess its end of month quota time...haha

2024 X3 M40i /// Carbon Black / Oyster / Ashwood
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:28 AM   #50
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
How exactly is he putting his life on the line? Pulling cars over in Iraq?

Well, let's look at 2007 Police officer deaths across the country and you tell me:
In 2007, 186 police officers across the country were killed in the line of duty. Of that total:
15 were struck outside of their vehicle (likely from having someone pulled over)
12 were killed during a traffic/stop or pursuit with a firearm.

So, out of 186 deaths in 2007, 27 were killed almost positively from conducting a "routine traffic stop." That is 14.5% of the total.

Now, 27 doesn't sound like a high number, nor does 187 given how many police officers there are. But did 187 people in YOUR field die last year by doing their job? Did 27 of them die on the job doing a particular function? I doubt it. So, to say something INCREDIBLY FUCKING STUPID like "how is he putting his life on the line?" is total bullshit.

Now, are there jobs that are more "deadly" or dangerous? Of course, but to think that a cop isn't risking death every day he or she puts on the uniform is ignorant. No, it's not ignorant, it's just plain stupid. What do cops deal with most often in society? The worst part!!! Domestic violence calls, accidents where people have been killed in the most grisly of manners, and probably the worst case, children that have died.

And to all the jackasses that say "most cops are shit", really? You've met "most cops" in your lifetime? My guess is that you've dealt with 5 to 7 police officers in your life. There are over 900,000 law enforcement officers in the US. So even if you happen to interact with 100 of the "worst cops ever", you are still in no position to say that "MOST cops are shit." Get real.

I'm not a cop, but I have many friends who are, and I'm acquainted with even more than that. I'd put the number close to 100 law enforcement officres that I either know personally or at least more than casually. Of those, I'd say only 2 are "dicks."

Oh, and if you keep getting pulled over and the cops "keep hassling me for no fucking reason", take a lesson from Chris Rock, maybe it will help:

How not get your ass kicked by the police.

ETA: Stats on police officer deaths were compiled from: http://www.nleomf.com/TheMemorial/Fa..._EndofYear.pdf
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:07 AM   #51
da91
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Garage List
2008 E93 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Well, let's look at 2007 Police officer deaths across the country and you tell me:
In 2007, 186 police officers across the country were killed in the line of duty. Of that total:
15 were struck outside of their vehicle (likely from having someone pulled over)
12 were killed during a traffic/stop or pursuit with a firearm.

So, out of 186 deaths in 2007, 27 were killed almost positively from conducting a "routine traffic stop." That is 14.5% of the total.

Now, 27 doesn't sound like a high number, nor does 187 given how many police officers there are. But did 187 people in YOUR field die last year by doing their job? Did 27 of them die on the job doing a particular function? I doubt it. So, to say something INCREDIBLY FUCKING STUPID like "how is he putting his life on the line?" is total bullshit.

Now, are there jobs that are more "deadly" or dangerous? Of course, but to think that a cop isn't risking death every day he or she puts on the uniform is ignorant. No, it's not ignorant, it's just plain stupid. What do cops deal with most often in society? The worst part!!! Domestic violence calls, accidents where people have been killed in the most grisly of manners, and probably the worst case, children that have died.

And to all the jackasses that say "most cops are shit", really? You've met "most cops" in your lifetime? My guess is that you've dealt with 5 to 7 police officers in your life. There are over 900,000 law enforcement officers in the US. So even if you happen to interact with 100 of the "worst cops ever", you are still in no position to say that "MOST cops are shit." Get real.

I'm not a cop, but I have many friends who are, and I'm acquainted with even more than that. I'd put the number close to 100 law enforcement officres that I either know personally or at least more than casually. Of those, I'd say only 2 are "dicks."

Oh, and if you keep getting pulled over and the cops "keep hassling me for no fucking reason", take a lesson from Chris Rock, maybe it will help:

How not get your ass kicked by the police.

ETA: Stats on police officer deaths were compiled from: http://www.nleomf.com/TheMemorial/Fa..._EndofYear.pdf
I think what he is referring to is the certain cops that seem to have absolutely nothing else to do but pull someone over for their license plate lights' color being a bit off. I think everyone here (even those someone above called "brats") has respect for the cops who risk their lives trying to enforce the law. There seem to be, however, an amount of asshole cops that really get a kick out of stuff like this. We've all heard time and time again of the story of the bully who grows up to become a cop, retaining his feeling of "superiority" over others. It's just foolish to say these kinds aren't common. By the way, when you said "15 were struck outside of their vehicle (likely from having someone pulled over)", that does not necesarily mean they were pulling somebody over. I'm not too familiar with these statisitics but that could just mean "outside of their vehicle". Please remember, I am not trying to take anything away from what cops do and how they risk their lives, but just like we have to show respect for them, they should do the same in return.
      03-30-2008, 02:36 AM   #52
OKG
Super BMX
Rep
Drives: 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarsky View Post
I have several friends who are cops. All they want is PC (probable cause) to pull you over. Anything and I mean anything. They don't really want to give you a ticket. They want to look in your car, smell your breath, see the roach in the ashtray etc. etc. Or the big prize guns or large qtys. of dope. Not cool but the real world.
Agreed, and the world is a ghetto...
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 07:36 AM   #53
Simple1
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 X5 40i M Sport

Look of course there are alot of good cops out there, we just never seem to meet them. And to those that say they know cops so that must mean those certain cops are not dicks in the line of duty = bullshit!! because no one can account for even what their mothers do once they are not in our presence!

If you don't believe there are cops who are jealous, then you must be nuts, that part is just human nature, cops have power and you know what happens with power. Now it's wrong to over generalize, it would just be like saying all blacks can rap! so not all cops are bad, it just seems sometimes they do get over zealous with the power the wield. I've met younger cops who pull us over at M5 meets and we just talk about cars and then they let us go, to cops who pull you over doing the speed limit but just switch lanes when they are behind you, Absolutely annoying

F80 M3 Euro Delivered = Gone too Soon

e90 335i debadged = Gone but not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:10 AM   #54
e90driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 325i, 08 328xi

Hmm. What an utter waste of my tax dollars. Sometimes cops have to remember who is paying their wages and who they are paid to serve and protect. Unfortunately, many think they are paid to serve themselves and their insatiable need for power and control and to protect their monthly quota advantage over their buddy.

06 325i. IT'S HERE!- 08 E92 328xi, Premium, Auto, Cold- Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 08:16 AM   #55
tjnptel1
Cunning Linguist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dth656 View Post
more respect for the police??! are you kidding me? these are the assholes who were bullies back in high school, and didnt have the grades and/or work ethic to go to a good university. what do you do w/ a crappy degree from a third tier school? you become a cop. and i'll give you that 1-5% of them may be decent, but that still leaves plenty o' assholes. my personal experiences w/ law enforcement may be not be good, however, because i'm brown. if i were white, i'm sure i'd be singing cops' praises...
This is sad, cops deserve more respect then this. You think it's bullshit because you are brown? Maybe. But that's the world we live in. I am brown and i get shit all the time but whatever. Who do you call if someone mugs or jumps you? the cops. This is just as retarded as the people who Atheist but calls on god when he/she is in trouble.
      03-30-2008, 10:48 AM   #56
bimmin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 3er

I've heard of people getting tickets for having their fog lights on. Apparently its illegal to have them on except when conditions permit.

I have never had a bad experience with a cop. I've been pulled over like 3 times in the past year or two. Each time I was doing something wrong (speeding, not stopping at stop sign, and one time for "taking a turn to fast") But each time they let me go. I have a clean license. I'm also only 23 in a fairly nice car. (for those of you wondering, my parents did not buy. I'm a college graduate and I bought it used) I think if you show cops respect they will respect you in return.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 11:18 AM   #57
SteelTorque
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi

It's nice to know that our beloved cops keep us safe from criminals, child molestors etc. by pulling over people for some blue lights....
      03-30-2008, 12:19 PM   #58
e90driver
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjnptel1 View Post
This is sad, cops deserve more respect then this. You think it's bullshit because you are brown? Maybe. But that's the world we live in. I am brown and i get shit all the time but whatever. Who do you call if someone mugs or jumps you? the cops. This is just as retarded as the people who Atheist but calls on god when he/she is in trouble.
If someone mugs or jumps me and I call the cops, what are they going to do? My 64 year old mother was chased in her town car, almost driven of the road and when she stopped at a stoplight, they got out and keyed her car. She got their plates and drove to the local police station where she filled out a report. She called a few weeks later after hearing nothing and they said they had been busy doing other things and might not have a chance to get to it.

Another time I was in a parking lot of a mall and there was a potential gang fight breaking out- they were wielding knives- I called 911 and they told me they were busy dealing with potential homicides and if there were no injuries, they could not come out.

Honeslty, some cops make me

In my experience, some of them are some of the most unreliable, sloppy, disrespectful people I have ever met. They should be required to attain at least a bachelors degree to get the job.

The sad fact is that they get their kicks from traffic stops- it brings them revenue and gives them an opportunity to flex their power with minimal risk to their lives. They don't want to get involved in the things that really matter...

If they were so great, why when you ask the average citizen do most people have a negative view of them

I have met a few nice ones (my neighbor is actually a cop) and the cop that pulled me over a year ago was very professional. If they show me respect, I show them respect. If they treat me like shit, be prepared to defend yourself in court budy- because I will pursue it.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 12:28 PM   #59
SteelTorque
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
OMG, that shit was sooo funny!!!
      03-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #60
marcvtec
Banned
Rep
Drives: M5

Best was I got a ticket for a OEM exhaust,,(noise pollution) I laughed,
went to the dealership, got a written invoice stating exhaust was fine,
went to 1st attendance, gave them the paper and left the room.
Waste of time....
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 01:33 PM   #61
kr3678
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTorque View Post
It's nice to know that our beloved cops keep us safe from criminals, child molestors etc. by pulling over people for some blue lights....
Serial killer Ted Bundy was caught on a traffic violation.

I asked an officer friend of mine about the notion some people have that the majority of cops are overgrown bullies. He laughed and said, "Do you know the difference between a porcupine and a BMW?" His point was that the BMW stereotype was probably about as accurate as the cop stereotype.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #62
BMW_E90
Major
Rep
Drives: 325i

fuckin ass hole cops! BOO THE PIGS! FUCK YOU COPS! FUCK YOU! *TWO THUMBS DOWN*

03-30-2008, 02:21 PM   #63
rrandyy
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 328

I don't see what the problem is here. You had lights that looked blue on your car and that is illegal. I would WANT the cop to pull you over to get it resolved. I've gotten tickets before and although I'm not happy about them, I understand why I got them...

To the person who had a friend get in trouble for going over the crosswalk: There is a copy in Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA that gets out of his car at red lights to check if cars have crossed the line.... This is a little too much LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #64
JCLBoston
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusinvestor View Post
Couple of years ago I got pulled over for my eisenmann exhaust, got a fix it ticket, but I just paid the $60 fine and then got over it. I know the cop was specifically being a dick head to me because when he pulled me over 2 seconds after he walks up to my driver side window, a riced out civic flew by us w/ the pepsi can exhaust and he doesn't even call for backup to stop him for his loud exhaust. Some cops are just haters.

I remember seeing video online of Jermaine Dupri, The hip-hop artists getting a ticket for his modified Lamborghini Murcielago exhaust. I just thought it was amusing that even in a $300,000 ride some cops just don't give a damn.
Makes you wonder why Harleys are so acceptable.. someone who lives down the street from me has one and the thing wakes the dead every time it comes through.. so annoying!

I guess it's acceptable if it's American
      03-30-2008, 02:29 PM   #65
Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
nice job putting the "long story short"

cops are dumb.
damn... guy just doing his job, ease up.
      03-30-2008, 04:01 PM   #66
e90driver
Lieutenant
Rep

I stick by what I've always said about cops. They should all have a GPS and a black box attached to their car. Everytime they exceed speed limit when not in pursuit or in an emergency- TICKET. Everytime they change lanes without proper signaling- TICKET. Everytime they do not come to a complete stop- TICKET. And after so many points- they should loose their license. If we enforced this rule, most cops would loose their license in the first day.

They want to pull everyone over all the time for the smallest infraction but they think they don't have abide by the same rules.

I actually like the idea of more police. Military police that is, police who cannot pull over citizens but who can pull over state and local cops and issue them a ticket.

Honestly- how much can it cost to equip a cruiser with GPS that records speed and location- a tiny amount compared to what they spend on their flashy LED's and everything else.

Police- Do as I say, not as I do.

Appreciate 0