E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Decided To Grab The LG G3 to Replace my HTC One...

07-13-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb Decided To Grab The LG G3 to Replace my HTC One...

... and in the words of Darth Vader, "Impressive. Most impressive!"

I am a big HTC fan and in some aspects, it is still the best or certainly in the Top 3 of ALL cellular devices available!
Instead of jumping on the new M8 or even holding out for the M8 Prime version (this Fall) I patiently awaited the launch of LG's highly anticipated flagship device with some industry first additions: "laser guided auto-focus and a ricockulous: resolution of 1440 x 2560 with a 538ppi of pixel density! When I fired it up, all I could think of is a smaller version of my LG 60" Plasma! Did I mention 3gig of RAM??? The phone is beyond rapid in any action you throw at it! The screen at 5.5in is large and video & pics are just amazing, but it's bezel is ultra thin so it looks like all screen in the front. And it is also super thin in terms of width! Thinner than any newer top-tier smart phone. And something that is rather unique, all the power and volume buttons are on the rear of the device as opposed to the sides, top or bottom like most. I am still amazed at how svelte and light this phone is considering the crazy amount of power and the crazy nice display size!

Here's the quick stats for it:

The new LG G3 flagship sports 5.5-inch, 1440 x 2560 (QHD) pixel resolution screen, which provides the super-crisp, 538 pixels per inch. Dimensions are pretty compact for the screen size, resulting in excellent 76.4% screen to body size ratio. The Android 4.4 KitKat-based handset is powered by a quad-core Snapdragon 801 and 3GB of LPDDR3 RAM. It features 32GB of internal storage and a microSD slot. The main 13-megapixel rear shooter comes with the company's improved Optical Image Stabilization+ and has a laser auto focus assist beam, which delivers fast focus even in low light scenarios. The 2.1-megapixel front-facing cam comes with an "enhanced selfie mode".

Plenty of reviews and comparo links here:

LG G3 specs
LG G3 review: the company's best phone yet
LG G3 vs. HTC One M8 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5 - CNET
LG G3 Review: The Perfect Smartphone - Forbes

I also wanted to get my lovely wife a new phone and instead of getting her what I think, I let her go in and actually choose based on what she likes. In this case, she decided on the Galaxy S5 which is a amazing device in it's own right. Her primary wants are call quality, emails, texting (of course) and taking the best photos of our kids and stuff. In this dept, the S5 is the best option. Plus it being water proof is huge!
Here's some pics I snapped for comparison:

07-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

AMAZON for the Win... Again!

So literally, Best Buy had zero cases available for my LG since it just dropped this weekend. So I hoped on trusty Amazon to look around. Not surprisingly, they had many to choose from including the typical clear-flex style cases I enjoy. But I decided to change it up this go around specifically due to the circular 'case window' on this phone. And low and behold there was one in my favorite color: saddle/caramel/cognac, whatever you want to call it. Ordered Saturday and it literally arrived moments ago. Fits like a glove and looks and feels fantastic!

07-15-2014, 10:50 AM   #3
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Who was the vendor? Need a case for my LG2 and have an Amazon addiction.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2014, 11:03 AM   #4
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I am looking at upgrading my Galaxy S4 to the S5 as well, but the G3 caught my eye too.

Decisions, decisions...
      07-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Who was the vendor? Need a case for my LG2 and have an Amazon addiction.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1