E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing > Good RPG besides WOW?

08-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #23
k726
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Diablo 3. Nuff said.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 01:43 AM   #24
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Diablo is more of a hack n slash.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2010, 05:38 PM   #25
klipseracer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i, 05 E46 330i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2005 330i  [0.00]
Never was a huge diablo fan.. Reminds me of ultima online. I've played Phantasy Star Online, Phantasy Star universe, FFXI, WoW and I am in the FFXIV beta and had the Collectors edition ordered up until about 5 minutes ago when I cancelled it with amazon... I just like the fast action paced PVP in Wow and the more arcadish play style. Not being able to jump is a bit irritating. Going from FFXI to PSU to WOW to FFXIV... its just too slow and cumbersome. I loved FFXI but after being an arena pvp fan in wow, its hard to get that lol. Are there any other MMO's out there with comparable competetive arena PVP? Thats really all I care about these days anyway. I have 80 priest, rogue and mage.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #26
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

Any new ones out?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 01:44 PM   #27
Salazar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 Black 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aretardedorange View Post
Any new ones out?
RIFT(riftgame.com) is coming out 3/1/2011..
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #28
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salazar View Post
RIFT(riftgame.com) is coming out 3/1/2011..
I dunno, gameplay looks very similar to wow, why this over wow?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 02:42 PM   #29
Kroy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDfranklin View Post
I dunno, gameplay looks very similar to wow, why this over wow?
i just downloaded it and am probably going to try it soon. i also hear it's very similar to wow, but it has like 28 classes.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 02:43 PM   #30
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy View Post
i just downloaded it and am probably going to try it soon. i also hear it's very similar to wow, but it has like 28 classes.
That seems like it could be very confusing and hard to balance PVP. Let me know how you like it.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #31
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Still playing AoC. Holding on until its last breath or resurgence.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #32
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Play Rift with me guys.. I have been playing throughout the beta.. I posted about it a while ago... no one knew what I was talking about so passed it over.
      02-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #33
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Play Rift with me guys.. I have been playing throughout the beta.. I posted about it a while ago... no one knew what I was talking about so passed it over.
If I have time tonight ill download it and see what its about.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #34
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Looks like the beta might be over, I saw the beta link on their website earlier but its now gone.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 03:27 PM   #35
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Looks like the beta might be over, I saw the beta link on their website earlier but its now gone.
It is over. The headstart is in a few days. I bought the CE.. It was $10 more than the normal one and you get a couple lil useful trinkets. If you want an explanation let me know.. Btw.. there are more than 28 classes when you take into account you can choose up to 3 souls and customize yourself anyway you choose. Gameplay is smooth. It is WAR + WoW ... The UI is a customizable version of the standard WoW UI. Graphics are very good. You can level solo or in groups. There are constant invasions, public quests, instanced dungeons, and solo quests.

I really enjoy it so far.
      02-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #36
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep

Quote:
It is over. The headstart is in a few days. I bought the CE.. It was $10 more than the normal one and you get a couple lil useful trinkets. If you want an explanation let me know.. Btw.. there are more than 28 classes when you take into account you can choose up to 3 souls and customize yourself anyway you choose. Gameplay is smooth. It is WAR + WoW ... The UI is a customizable version of the standard WoW UI. Graphics are very good. You can level solo or in groups. There are constant invasions, public quests, instanced dungeons, and solo quests.

I really enjoy it so far.
Sounds like it could be good.. I wish I signed up for the beta because I hate spending money on games without trying them first. Do you know if there will be a free trial?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #37
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like it could be good.. I wish I signed up for the beta because I hate spending money on games without trying them first. Do you know if there will be a free trial?
Probably not. The beta ran for the last 2 months. They allowed people in if they belonged to any of the major gaming websites. This is their opportunity to make money on their product. They aren't going to give away anything until they make back a little money.
      02-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #38
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Rift is ok, but feels too much like WoW IMO.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 04:34 PM   #39
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Rift is ok, but feels too much like WoW IMO.
Very smart of them... don't you think? Allowed for easy transition for players who are tired of playing Warcraft.
      02-22-2011, 04:39 PM   #40
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
Very smart of them... don't you think? Allowed for easy transition for players who are tired of playing Warcraft.
From a marketing and short-term standpoint, yeah.

But there's no way you'll make it big long-term like that IMO. The next legitimate WoW beater or contender will have to give people something Blizzard can't match. No clone will ever compete with, or dethrone, WoW on a large scale. If you've got a game that doesn't offer a freshness factor, you're not going to be able to draw many people from the communities they've been entrenched in for years now unless it's absolutely incredible.

I have to give it to Blizzard though. They have a crack team of developers and geniuses at that company. The complete opposite of Funcom. I only with the talent behind AoC was anywhere near what it is at Blizz.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #41
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
From a marketing and short-term standpoint, yeah.

But there's no way you'll make it big long-term like that IMO. The next legitimate WoW beater or contender will have to give people something Blizzard can't match. No clone will ever compete with, or dethrone, WoW on a large scale. If you've got a game that doesn't offer a freshness factor, you're not going to be able to draw many people from the communities they've been entrenched in for years now unless it's absolutely incredible.

I have to give it to Blizzard though. They have a crack team of developers and geniuses at that company. The complete opposite of Funcom. I only with the talent behind AoC was anywhere near what it is at Blizz.

It will take a serious slip up by Blizzard to give up the throne... SOE slipped up and allowed them to take em to the woodshed. I left Everquest many times for Asherons Call, DAoC, Anarchy Online, etc. But I always went back to EQ. WoW was different. I don't need to say why because it has been beaten to death.

But the point is, people are going to leave WoW for new games. It is if they go back that matters. So far, people keep returning to WoW. We will see in the next year or so if they can keep it that way.
      02-22-2011, 04:52 PM   #42
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Quote:
It is if they go back that matters.

And people like to stick with their people. It's not just about convincing individuals. You have to grab whole communities.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #43
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:

And people like to stick with their people. It's not just about convincing individuals. You have to grab whole communities.
Blizzard grabbed Furor from Fires of Heaven. The most recognizable person in EQ at the time. They gave him and most of his guild the ability to Closed Beta test WoW. He spent the next few months pushing WoW and bashing SoE for EQ's short comings.

It was done then and there.
      02-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #44
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
This. Just a note, you don't really need to have played ME1 to play ME2 and I'll say ME2 is alot better than ME1, though it wasn't a bad game.

The knights of the old republic 1/2 games are great, almost best ever. Only thing that holds them back is a few bugs and that their graphics are slightly dated now. But still entertaining and captivating.
Absolutely this. I agree 100% - I still play them to this day and I don't see either of them getting old any time soon. The story line is truly epic in KOTOR 1 (not going to give away THE spoiler).
Appreciate 0