E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Lexus LF-A: First drive of the production car + Ring Lap

10-23-2009, 01:32 PM   #23
Muffnbluff
Redline Addict
Rep
Drives: '14 BMW 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
The 335 is twice the car that the corolla is. The LFA is definitely not twice the car that the 458 is.

retard
I think what he's getting at is it's not a problem for 335 owners to spend 40k on a car versus 20k for a corolla. The 500 people who buy these LF-A's will prob be so rich that 400k is like a weeks pay.

Who gives a shit if it's a Lexus or Toyota, it's a badass car. Period. Is the Bugatti Veyron really worth $1M? To someone with the money to spend on it, yeah it is.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #24
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
i dont think its the badge, its the price tag.

with 400k, you can buy A LOT more car than the LF-A

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
The 335 is twice the car that the corolla is. The LFA is definitely not twice the car that the 458 is.

retard

Fair point to both of you, but I'd like you both to go learn about the point of diminishing returns.

And in regards to buying this vs. the 458, I'm sure this will strike a cord with more Asian buyers than anything. The design is extremely Japanese.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #25
guardianangel3290
Free at last
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2006 Audi S-line Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Fair point to both of you, but I'd like you both to go learn about the point of diminishing returns.

And in regards to buying this vs. the 458, I'm sure this will strike a cord with more Asian buyers than anything. The design is extremely Japanese.
but Japanese and Italian cars appeal to different demographics, so it'll be impossible to tell whether this car really resonates with the Asian community becasue the production is so limited.

Just point out to me what about this car makes it worth 400k. There really isnt anything to justify such an extreme price. My guess, they didnt plan the production of this car properly. Toyota had to design this car from the ground up and millions went into this project. Normally, these costs would be offset by the number of vehicles produced, but no, Toyota opted to only make 500 and is now banking on its "rarity" to drive sales.
Basically Toyota is making you pay for two cars; the one youre getting and one that wasnt made.

**If the possibility exists that you may have "failed" in either a normal or "epic" fashion, please follow this link.**
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 05:18 PM   #26
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardianangel3290 View Post
but Japanese and Italian cars appeal to different demographics, so it'll be impossible to tell whether this car really resonates with the Asian community becasue the production is so limited.

Just point out to me what about this car makes it worth 400k. There really isnt anything to justify such an extreme price. My guess, they didnt plan the production of this car properly. Toyota had to design this car from the ground up and millions went into this project. Normally, these costs would be offset by the number of vehicles produced, but no, Toyota opted to only make 500 and is now banking on its "rarity" to drive sales.
Basically Toyota is making you pay for two cars; the one youre getting and one that wasnt made.
The same can be said for most exotics. There's no reason that a Reventon should cost 1.2 mill. It's an LP-640 with a body kit and some cool instrument gauges.

I'm surprised you're judging the worthiness of this car prior to any reviews. The value of an exotic isn't measured logically. It never has been, and never will be.

And I highly doubt this statement, "My guess, they didnt plan the production of this car properly". One of the Toyo/Lex execs said he's spent most of his career working on this car. It's not a rushjob or something. My bet is that they'll release subsequent "limited" versions, and maybe a vert. The car is made for image. Look at how much the R8 boosted Audi's rep. Looks like BMW and Lexus are following suit.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 06:54 PM   #27
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
The same can be said for most exotics. There's no reason that a Reventon should cost 1.2 mill. It's an LP-640 with a body kit and some cool instrument gauges.

I'm surprised you're judging the worthiness of this car prior to any reviews. The value of an exotic isn't measured logically. It never has been, and never will be.

And I highly doubt this statement, "My guess, they didnt plan the production of this car properly". One of the Toyo/Lex execs said he's spent most of his career working on this car. It's not a rushjob or something. My bet is that they'll release subsequent "limited" versions, and maybe a vert. The car is made for image. Look at how much the R8 boosted Audi's rep. Looks like BMW and Lexus are following suit.
You got my point; so did Muffn. The others... well, I guess to them, thinking is overrated.
      10-23-2009, 07:56 PM   #28
sokdo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

On a side note, Toyota was first going to call their most luxurious car at the time Lexus but they instead decided to create a whole new car brand with the name Lexus to brand the image of luxury and not get it mixed up with the economical and practical brand image of the toyota.
Appreciate 0