E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Collapse of Capitalism

09-28-2008, 09:44 AM   #89
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
So my beef with the above is that you're basing that on the fact that there has been some transparency in their financials and that they are really in not that bad of shape. In an ideal economic situation you would be right, but in the case of what's happened I doubt we are even close from an ideal situation. We've seen time after time banks and investment houses claim they are doing "ok" one week only to fail the next week. It's because of their accounting practices. There is definitely a reason why the FBI is investigating these institutions.
Do you mind if I ask what you do for a living? Do you work in banking or finance? Some of the things you've asked and assumptions you've made lead me to believe you don't. I also get the feeling most of what you know about what is going on is coming from media outlets who are playing to the "man in the street" who only see this whole issue as fat cats making mistakes and the gov bailing them out.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #90
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
Do you mind if I ask what you do for a living? Do you work in banking or finance? Some of the things you've asked and assumptions you've made lead me to believe you don't. I also get the feeling most of what you know about what is going on is coming from media outlets who are playing to the "man in the street" who only see this whole issue as fat cats making mistakes and the gov bailing them out.
The problem is with both the "fat cats" and the common people..
The common people spending beyond their means, and the "fat cats" trying to get their fix.

Our country needs to set better credit caps based on income, and rely less on borrowing for the future. The higher ups responsible need to be held accountable as well as the people, instead of bail outs. America is too materialistic.

-Nathan
      10-19-2008, 12:25 PM   #91
jaiman
Captain
Rep
Drives: very fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
The problem is with both the "fat cats" and the common people..
The common people spending beyond their means, and the "fat cats" trying to get their fix.

Our country needs to set better credit caps based on income, and rely less on borrowing for the future. The higher ups responsible need to be held accountable as well as the people, instead of bail outs. America is too materialistic.

-Nathan
don't you owe a bunch of people here some brokerage statements to prove your prowess as a trader?

Or have you been chopped up a bit in the current climate?
Appreciate 0