E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > ************Weight lose pros come in...HELP NEEDED!!!***********

02-12-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

************Weight lose pros come in...HELP NEEDED!!!***********

Hey there folks i went to vegas Nov 12-14 and when i came back i checked my weight and i was 246 pounds. Monday morning i came back mad as hell and went on a diet, anyways a little while later i stopped at 237.5 pounds. Now fast forward to Jan 26th i re started my diet more motivated then i have ever been in my life in order to reach my 200 pound goal for summer and look good.

Anyways fast forward my diet to today i am 231 pounds. What i dont understand is why on earth i was 230 pounds on Monday and expected to be about 228 pounds by now, however my weight went up. Ever since i have dropped the weight since Nov i have felt my skin tighten up and i actually feel more buff, like ive put muscle mass on. Eventhough im 230 pounds you would never guess it, everyone always assumes 180 or so i guess its my body structure. Does cardio build muscle mass? I have not touched weights at all.

The very weird thing is i did this diet last time around and went to 228 pounds and i platiqued and quit, however i am not about to quit this time around . Wierd thing is im 10000 percent more educated now about this.

This is one meal day just for you all to eat an idea:
breakfast:
cup and half of cereal-180 calories
milk-90 calories one cup
yougrt-80 calories
15oz water

break: granola bar-100 calories

Lunch:
2 100% wheat breaks=140 calories
8 slices of 99.9 fat free turkey breast=90 calories
mustard
salad with 2 tablespoons of fatfree thousand islands=50 calories
2 slice of avacado=50 calories
fruit-100

break:
yogurt

Dinner:
salmon with brown nice and steamy veggies with spinach.

after workout:
maybe a fruit or granola bar or yogurt, you get the idea

Am i eating too many carbs?, not enough protein? What the hell gives?

Ive been switching my cardio around lately, 15 minutesof eliptical, 10 minutes of running, and 10 minutes of stairs. Averaging about 400 calories for 6 days a week at the gym.

I am so confused on why this happened, and in a way very mad. Can someone please help me.

Ive talked to some people and they tell me my body is use to what im doing and i need to switch it around, give it a shock.

A little background info:
Been atheltic my whole life:
Played for a basketball organization from 6-16.5 years old
Played for my h/s' ball team until 17.5
At age 18 i was 185 pounds and the same height 6 feet tall. I know because i weighted myself that day lol

So i know my nice body is under all this fat

Last edited by 1cleanm6; 02-12-2009 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #2
LM E90
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi

It appears that we are just about the same size (weight wise). I am at about 228 pounds right now and I am 6'2". I have put on 30 pounds in the past two years and when I looked at some photos of myself with a six pack. I knew I had to get my fat ass back to the gym. I think the best advice I can give you is to drink a shit load of water. Enough water that makes you want to pee every 45 minutes!!! By no means am I a weight loss pro but I do work out 5 to 6 days a week. My diet is similar to yours, but just with a shit load of water which really speeds up the weight loss process because it gets rid of all the old water that is stored in your body. I started this water kick 10 days ago and dropped 2 belt sizes!!! try it
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM E90 View Post
It appears that we are just about the same size (weight wise). I am at about 228 pounds right now and I am 6'2". I have put on 30 pounds in the past two years and when I looked at some photos of myself with a six pack. I knew I had to get my fat ass back to the gym. I think the best advice I can give you is to drink a shit load of water. Enough water that makes you want to pee every 45 minutes!!! By no means am I a weight loss pro but I do work out 5 to 6 days a week. My diet is similar to yours, but just with a shit load of water which really speeds up the weight loss process because it gets rid of all the old water that is stored in your body. I started this water kick 10 days ago and dropped 2 belt sizes!!! try it
what is this water kick? I drink a shit load of water also maybe recently i cut back a little...hm somehting tot hink about.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Man im in the say shoes...i had a eight pack 3 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #4
LM E90
Private
Rep

im going to punta cana March 21st and want to drop atleast 15 pounds before that (hopefully it's not wishful thinking). The water kick is just drinking ridiculous amounts of water. I drank like 10 poland spring bottles yesterday and im already on my 6th today. Don't only stick to cardio, from my experience, do some weight training for like 30 minutes, do abs for 15 minutes, and then get your ass on that treadmill for another 20 minutes. Doing that for a month straight should do the trick. Hope this helps. Good Luck!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #5
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Well thats what i do i wight myself naked every monday morning once a week, I was just curious to see what happened.

Ah thank you man! I will definately try the water..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #6
LM E90
Private
Rep

also, try doing cardio with a sweatshirt with a hood on. You will sweat like craaaaaaaaaaazy and burn those pounds off. People will look at you like you're crazy at the gym. ( I get some funny ass looks).
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #7
Arustik1
HYEPWR
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Bro...all I gotta say is drink water and hit the gym.

You'll start seeing results in the mirror as opposed to a meaningless number on a scale.

I weigh around 220 and am 6'3" in pretty good shape and am (kinda) a personal trainer.

Just stick with it, eat right, and beat your ass to death in the gym.
2001 M5 Jet Black / Black
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
Arustik1
HYEPWR
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM E90 View Post
also, try doing cardio with a sweatshirt with a hood on. You will sweat like craaaaaaaaaaazy and burn those pounds off. People will look at you like you're crazy at the gym. ( I get some funny ass looks).
+1000000
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 02:07 PM   #9
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

merci...

i just spoke with a good buddy whos so into this stuff...and hes saying your digital scale is off theres no way you gained weight go get another analog scale...

So drink a lot of water...ok Ill start drinking a lot of water....

Has anyone tried the body cleansers? That gets rid of all the excess water in your body?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
Arustik1
HYEPWR
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
merci...

i just spoke with a good buddy whos so into this stuff...and hes saying your digital scale is off theres no way you gained weight go get another analog scale...

So drink a lot of water...ok Ill start drinking a lot of water....

Has anyone tried the body cleansers? That gets rid of all the excess water in your body?
I wouldnt touch that shit....havent tried and never will.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #11
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

I'm sorta in your shoes. Last year I gained a lot of weight because of school, work, a lot of fast food, and no gym. I was 230 pounds, 6'3". Most of the fat went to my face and belly lol Anyways.. I stated working out again like 3 months ago and started eating clean (coming from a guy who ate fast food 4 - 5 times a week). My advise to you is don't measure your weight every day. Once a week is enough, if you're anxious. I hadnt weighed myself ever since I started, but i just did and I'm 202 pounds. Doing cardio only is not good either. You should lift weights. When you work on big muscles, especially your legs, you burn a lot of fat. I do cardio may be like once a week, or once every two weeks. And most important of all. Drink a shit load of water!!! You have no idea how much this helps. And when you're eating, don't eat until you're stuffed, just enough til you're about to be full.

What gym do you go to btw?

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #12
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92

before i read the replies - the first thing I thought was - you comment on your first glass of water with breakfast, but you don't comment about water anywhere else. . . .so was wondering if you just don't drink it that much . . . you NEED to. absolutely, without a doubt. Throughout the day. Try to drink a gallon a day. . . if you can. Especially if you are working out.

Your meal schedule looks good - 5 meals a day - spread out evenly and you are fine. Just make sure you are sticking to it.

I would increase the cardio a bit. . . I do 10 - 15 minutes of cardio prior to every workout just as a warmup. Then I'm usually running around playing ball for 2 hours. And if you are on the phone when you are at the gym, you aint working out. If you are able to talk to people at the gym, you aint working out. Make sure you are pushing yourself. I know guys that go to the gym everyday for a few hours and wonder why they aren't losing weight - its because they talk more than they work out. You didn't detail your workout other than the cardio but hopefully you are in there pushing yourself. . . .. Cardio really doesn't build muscle mass . . .not the type you are doing anyways unless you are doing Eliptical machine at 20/20 for 30 minutes.

Remember to eat as soon as you wake up to get your metabolism going. . . and remember that the more muscle you have - the higher your metabolism will be.

Is the yogurt all natural without sugars? Is the cereal?

For snack time - try having some almonds, nuts, etc. . . no salt. This, imo, is better than yogurt, etc which can be high in fats and sugars. . . the fats in almonds are great for you and as a male, the monos and polys are what boosts your testosterone, therefore building muscle and increasing metabolism . . . . healthy fats are a natural steroid in other words. . .

As for wearing a sweatshirt, etc. . . . that just loses sweat and water weight. Thats why wrestlers do it - to get under the weight limits for their matches. It will come right back if you are properly hydrating. You want that water in your body anyways to keep your muscles running at optimal levels.

I don't believe in the liquid diets or cleansings either . . . it can be good for your body every once in a while but I dont think it really does much for losing weight. . .

just keep at it. . . .if you are really working at it. . . . you'll be fine. Good luck !

BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #13
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

GOD DAMN...

do you guys see how everyone gives different thoughts/opinions to do....

I am so confused on who to believe what to do....who to listen too...

I go to 24 hour SUper sport...

Also i think im eating too many carbs...

ok so i cut out the carnola bars and stuff, but those are healthy fats that your body needs.

So from what i understand doesnt losing weight basically come down to calorie intake/burning ammount.

Basically how much you eat how much u burn...n what the depicit is?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:16 PM   #14
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravediggingaditch View Post
before i read the replies - the first thing I thought was - you comment on your first glass of water with breakfast, but you don't comment about water anywhere else. . . .so was wondering if you just don't drink it that much . . . you NEED to. absolutely, without a doubt. Throughout the day. Try to drink a gallon a day. . . if you can. Especially if you are working out.

Your meal schedule looks good - 5 meals a day - spread out evenly and you are fine. Just make sure you are sticking to it.

I would increase the cardio a bit. . . I do 10 - 15 minutes of cardio prior to every workout just as a warmup. Then I'm usually running around playing ball for 2 hours. And if you are on the phone when you are at the gym, you aint working out. If you are able to talk to people at the gym, you aint working out. Make sure you are pushing yourself. I know guys that go to the gym everyday for a few hours and wonder why they aren't losing weight - its because they talk more than they work out. You didn't detail your workout other than the cardio but hopefully you are in there pushing yourself. . . .. Cardio really doesn't build muscle mass . . .not the type you are doing anyways unless you are doing Eliptical machine at 20/20 for 30 minutes.

Remember to eat as soon as you wake up to get your metabolism going. . . and remember that the more muscle you have - the higher your metabolism will be.

Is the yogurt all natural without sugars? Is the cereal?

For snack time - try having some almonds, nuts, etc. . . no salt. This, imo, is better than yogurt, etc which can be high in fats and sugars. . . the fats in almonds are great for you and as a male, the monos and polys are what boosts your testosterone, therefore building muscle and increasing metabolism . . . . healthy fats are a natural steroid in other words. . .

just keep at it. you'll be fine. Good luck !

Thank you!....this is the diet ive been doing for 15 days and lost 7 pounds i guess not so bad...

Whats your opinion on granola bars?

The yogurt has 0 sugar and only 80 calories...
cereal is kellogs with the berries in it...
Water sorry i forgot to mention but i do drink it during the whole day forgot to log it there?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #15
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

can someone go into more detail on how a HIIT workout works? WHat do i do?

Also if you see my lunch sometimes i eat that for lunch and dinner, thats a 400 calorie meal and its good i dont get sick of it....Is this a problem?

Im sorry i dont mean to be annoying..im just so confused...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 03:37 PM   #16
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markoni View Post
Boosted, I outlined the whole thing in my post. What part is unclear to you. I guarantee my way will work for you and will be doable for your entire life. I also guarantee that the way you're doing it and the way some others have outlined here will NOT last you more than a few weeks. Before you know it, you'll be downing a gallon of ice cream and saying "fuck it" to dieting.

There's a reason most diets fail. Eating "healthy" and "playing ball" for 2 hours a day as some suggest will get you the opposite of what you're looking for. You'll be hungrier than ever and your cortisol levels will be shooting through the roof.

So ask yourself, are you really after being cut, lean, and happy, which my program will give you, or do you want to get on the endless cycle of fad diets and self-hate that most Americans are on? Needless to say, if you're taking the path that most people are taking, you're going to end up where they are.

HONESTLY, i dont have much faint in your diet and you say drinks juices and such and say stay low on sugar....juices are nothing but sugar.

And day 6 you eat whatever you want? So what 2 burgers blah blah blah....honestly i dont have much faint in this.

I have my cheat meal and its for lunch on a sunday usually in n out....togive my body a shock.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #17
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92

Everything you are doing is fine man, you've got a balanced diet. . . you need carbs (the good ones - there is a difference), fat and protein. . . . and it sounds like you are doing right . . . if you wanna get a little more lean, pick up on the proteins and lower the carbs and fats a bit . . .just drink lots of water to keep your kidneys runnin smooth . . . throw in a low carb protein shake . . . every once in a while instead of a lunch.

Overall . .. . i you are trying to lose weight, you need to figure out what way you think is the best way to do it . . . . there are two ways , the quick ways that are really only diets and last a short time and the slower, longer lasting way.

1)Quick way - aka DIET -- focus on eating less calories than you are burning. Low carbs, low fats . . .these diets don't focus on building muscle to burn fat, but focus on just the idea of lowering the number on the scale

2) the right way IMO - aka "A way of life" - gain muscle, turn the fat you have into muscle by eating properly, exercising with weights, and getting a good amount of cardio (the more cardio you get, the harder it is to build muscle). Muscle needs calories - energy - to sustain itself and it will burn calories on its own just to operate. The more muscle you have, the more calories you are burning - this is basic metabolism.

i dont think Markoni was talking about a juice "diet", i think it was a quick cleanse. which is just a temporary - get the crap out of my system flush . . .

although I do agree with you that all natural juice still does have loads of sugar. But no, it is not the same sugar as that in soft drinks . . . In the end, however, sugar is sugar and it will screw with your metabolism.

What is HIIT? I think you are referring to High Intensity Interval Training which would probably be similar to what Markoni was referring to above.

Rather than running a mile at the same pace, HIIT would say sprint 100 yards, walk 100 yards, spring 100 yards, walk 100 yards, etc. Applying that theory to different exercises. It does work and I use it a lot.

In any event, if you want this to work out, you need to delete the word "DIET" from your life so that you don't have to worry about losing 10 lbs every few months. . . eating healthy and proper just has to become a lifestyle. I don't really give myself a "cheat day" because i dont want one. I don't look foward to having a lunch at mcdonalds, etc. . . . every once in a while, I'll have a piece of desert, or popcorn at a movie, but most of the time, i'm just not interested in it.

Also, as to Boosted's comment - I'm not sure how eating healthy and playing ball for 2 hours would have a negative effect and give him the opposite of what he is looking for . . . . and as for the cortisol levels, i'm pretty sure that they are not negatively affected by healthy eating habits or playing ball for 2 hours . . . Moreover, as for being hungry after playing ball, personally, I'm really never hungry after cardio or "playing ball" . . .I almost have to force myself to eat something . . . i am, however, starving after my morning workout routine.

My workout routines have been maintained for a few years now and its just habit. I love it. I look forward to waking up in the morning to workout and I look forward to a healthy meal (I love Chicken). If you aren't liking it, sad thing is, its not going to last. You have to learn to love it and be patient for the results, they will come.

PS - if you drink sodas . . . stop.

BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #18
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow

i dont think theres a wrong way to exercise, so long as youre doing some sort of physical activity. even having a bunch of sex helps in this goal.

i always understood that reducing calorie intake and increasing calorie use is what helps to reduce weight. i dont think theres some secret way of accomplishing this.

use this link as a reference on how the body uses energy and the systems involved. this isnt the best source, but its about right when i quickly googled: http://www.thefitnessblueprint.com/m...hp?article=169

i personally try to burn 300-400 calories by just running and usually watch movies or listen to music to keep my mind off being tired. i see some fat loss from just this, but i lost a lot more weight when i went to ecuador and did nothing but snorkel, hike, and extreme moutain bike (down volcanos) for two weeks. this and the fact that i couldnt eat much in ecuador meant i lost around 7lbs. it makes sense then that low to med intensity activities like i did in ecuador lost more weight than doing nothing but sprinting. energy utilization is different for both activities.

i also try to do HIIT. just dont give up. i think that is the hardest part. i usually eat what i want, but i stay away from the obvious shit like sodas and donuts.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 05:23 PM   #19
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

WOW last 3-4 points are awesome

Ok so guys how much calories should a 230 man be eating?
12 calories a pound?

Also so what you guys think of my diet? Ive been told same thing carbs and protein and such dont really matter if you are trying to lose weight...that comes along when you are trying to build muscle.

so with this diet plan and cardio it should work out right?

p.s. i know this is not a diet its a new lifestyle..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #20
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

GUYS please no arguing lets all get along...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #21
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boosted335 View Post
GOD DAMN...

do you guys see how everyone gives different thoughts/opinions to do....

I am so confused on who to believe what to do....who to listen too...

I go to 24 hour SUper sport...

Also i think im eating too many carbs...

ok so i cut out the carnola bars and stuff, but those are healthy fats that your body needs.

So from what i understand doesnt losing weight basically come down to calorie intake/burning ammount.

Basically how much you eat how much u burn...n what the depicit is?
different body types, different results. not all routines will work for you.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 06:26 PM   #22
jkwhat
Private
Rep
Drives: 750LI

Markoni seems legit Imma follow his guide minus the hill thing as I play competitive tennis so it should be a decent compromise?

18 y/o
5'10"
164.4 as of 2/12/2009
Six Pack - No (lost it after football season ended )
Appreciate 0