E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What is wrong with BMW Owner's Circle site?

06-20-2006, 11:49 PM   #1
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

What is wrong with BMW Owner's Circle site?

Do any of you who use the BMW Owner's Circle website think it's ridiculously slow and takes forever for pages to load? Man, I've been using it and get pretty annoyed when it's slow, but on occasion (like tonight) none of the pages load at all except the main page after you sign in.

Maybe they're doing maintenance on it right now, but this isn't the first time pages wouldn't load at all for me and the stupid site has always been way too slow!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2006, 01:20 AM   #2
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1183
Do any of you who use the BMW Owner's Circle website think it's ridiculously slow and takes forever for pages to load? Man, I've been using it and get pretty annoyed when it's slow, but on occasion (like tonight) none of the pages load at all except the main page after you sign in.

Maybe they're doing maintenance on it right now, but this isn't the first time pages wouldn't load at all for me and the stupid site has always been way too slow!
what the f@ck are you talking about ?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2006, 01:36 AM   #3
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

i just paid my monthly bill thru the site about two or three hours ago. it wasnt slow.

a few suggestions:

- if you have a router turn it off so it can restart. if it doesnt work try to restart your computer too. (i mistakenly decided to get a set of netgear router and wireless card and its very annoying coz i restart it too many times in a day)
- if you have internet security it might be slowing your computer down.
- if you're using a browser such as firefox turn the auto pop-up blocker off. (this happened to me earlier at work when i was trying to log in)

hope one of these would work. good luck.
      06-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #4
tkochh
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E90

In general, I think it is nearly worthless. I have been trying to track the delivery of my car after a ED deliver and that site still shows the vehicle is "awaiting transport." I e-mailed the shipping company and they said it has been on a ship U.S. bound for over 4 weeks. Yes, there is some good information there, but when it comes to the production/delivery information it is worthless.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #5
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

I dunno, the OC has been working fine for me lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkochh
In general, I think it is nearly worthless. I have been trying to track the delivery of my car after a ED deliver and that site still shows the vehicle is "awaiting transport." I e-mailed the shipping company and they said it has been on a ship U.S. bound for over 4 weeks. Yes, there is some good information there, but when it comes to the production/delivery information it is worthless.
Heh, you might want to read up on ED a bit. Tracking ED cars headed to the West Coast is much more labor intensive than tracking any other car. For normally ordered cars the site works much better and dealers get much better updates. The problem with ED cars is they don't have a scheduled ship because BMW has no idea when you'll drop off the car. They only know when it's delivered, and know when it arrives at the VPC so that makes the Owners Circle mostly useless. In between BMW doesn't know much if anything. You have to use Harms, the ship tracking websites, port websites and others to track your ship.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0