E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > car in college?

12-19-2007, 08:14 AM   #45
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
I'm wondering if I should take my 335i to UCF. Suggestions? (sorry to threadjack)
Do it!! We can park next to each other, I'm taking the Z4 or getting a 3er or X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanHasBoost View Post
I'm still in college, and I drive a nice car, I've had modded/nice cars since I started school.

Theres no rule that says you cant have a nice car in college.
Alot of kids drive REALLY nice cars at colleges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanHasBoost View Post
Actually.

See there's a little thing called budgeting. Most, and if you want to get technical, 91% of people do not know or cannot budget effectively.

In response to your 'bullshit comments'; I pay for my 335 and my insurance solely with my own money. I pay them and I don't have my parents chipping in neither have I ever asked them to cover my payments.

I'm 22 now, and I'm doing a dual degree in school; Business Admin and Management Info Systems. Ever since I've started college I've paid for school and tuition, all of my books, clothes, gas, etc etc, you name it and since I turned 18 and hit college I've never asked my parents for a dime. I've also never had to sell anything of mine to make money or make ends meet. My parents have also never paid for my school, I'm not on any loans, or scholarships, or anything. I have my own credit cards, and I pay my own bills.

The only thing I can say that I dont pay for is a mortgage or rent.
My hero. I HATE asking my parents for money, but I dont work enough to support myself and barely make enough for the car payment now At least they are nice enough to pay for mostly everything for me.
Any job openings?
      12-19-2007, 08:31 AM   #46
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
nope parents pay for everything for me. Thats another plus for the motorcycle. Looking at an r6 for about 10k vs. switchin to a 335i which is +20k?, I'm sure my parents would appreciate the extra money put back into their pockets.
Im pretty lucky
You apparently haven't looked into motorcycles much. A new R6 is going to cost about $2,500 a year in insurance if you are under 25 and male. In the long run they probably won't like you for it at all.

If you can get a bike that is >5 years old the insurance takes a dive (I pay $420 a year). I had high hopes and dreams of getting a ZX-10R after I got my job but insurance in the 11K bike was 2.9K a year with a clean driving record . I don't want to pay the much because I would have paid for the bike in less than 4 years of owning it just in insurance, more of a principal thing than a money thing. So I settled for my Z .
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0