E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Audi R8, Really That Bad?

05-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #23
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver68 View Post
OK, well if the R8 weighed 2800 lbs and held it's resale value than I would have less of a problem with $109K! 2 sides of the same coin! But since it does not and it's resale drops like a Knieval stunt...

Consider the competitors:

Vette Z06
Porsche 911 and new 928
Lexus LF-A
new Acura NSX
GT-R
M3, M6
Aston
Exige SC
Tesla
etc...

No matter where you are on the mix of luxury/performance I can think of at least 2 better options for less $, and/or more of both for the same $.
Do tell.

I thought it will lap just as fast/faster than the Exige, at least as luxurious/exclusive as the Aston, GT-R is not yet released (could be crap for all we know), NSX is a non-event right now, 911 is slower, so is M3, M6 is a lot heavier and probably no faster, Lexus is Lexus (who buys a Lexus sportscar), etc. The only one significantly faster is the Z06, but then it's a plastic car that goes like hell but doesn't really drive that well.

I mean you can make the argument either which way. Fact is the R8 is a baby Gallardo, smartly dressed. Some will love it precisely for that...
Appreciate 0