E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Have kids screaming on trampoline fuxked with your peace?

05-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #23
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm thirty one, and I have kids, dogs, and a life (debatable), but it's not my job to ruin everyone's day by making them ruin the neighborhood. It's called being an adult, and I for one take very seriously my job as a parent, as the one who raises the children. They can run around and make noise in a park, home yard is not the place, since people pay a lot to live here and have their peace.

the husband is a mute, since he's engineer, so he's not listed as a noise maker.
So you think Engineers are mute and in a later post think Americans don't use their brains? Why do you feel this way? Just wondering.
      05-26-2014, 10:03 PM   #24
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibu1 View Post
So you think Engineers are mute and in a later post think Americans don't use their brains? Why do you feel this way? Just wondering.
Haha, Sorry, I meant the engineers from back home are mute, but even that is more of a quality that haunts all Finnish men, not just the engineers.

The first thing I saw this country was a ladder, with 7 steps, and 12 health and safety stickers. I think is made possible to live here, and never bother to think, since everything is regulated by someone watching over you.

Sorry, that was meant to be humor, that indeed is my only hobby here, but in presence of you, I'll try to be more factual from now on.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:09 PM   #25
Malibu1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Charger HC, Backdraft Cobra

Haha, I work with an ex Nokia Engineer. He is Finnish and is very quiet. LOL.
      05-26-2014, 10:15 PM   #26
Lups
Rep

Quote:
If he has dark hair, and he tries to wear socks with sandals, just fork him. He is probably married, and the wife will love you forever. I know this, cause if you work with mine, I sure will do my best forever to suck up to you, and turn this misunderstanding to a beautiful friendship, where you can be smart, and I just blabber on endlessly.

Lups

In my punishment system (I'm aiming to take over the universe) fork + knee cap is the punishment to all.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2014, 10:46 PM   #27
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Hey, I just received this, so enjoy. This is the reason the men do not talk.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 02:13 AM   #28
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Not just an engineers, but drivers as well.

Quote:
Haha, Sorry, I meant the engineers from back home are mute, but even that is more of a quality that haunts all Finnish men, not just the engineers.

The first thing I saw this country was a ladder, with 7 steps, and 12 health and safety stickers. I think is made possible to live here, and never bother to think, since everything is regulated by someone watching over you.

Sorry, that was meant to be humor, that indeed is my only hobby here, but in presence of you, I'll try to be more factual from now on.
Quote:
Hey, I just received this, so enjoy. This is the reason the men do not talk.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 02:22 AM   #29
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
Not just an engineers, but drivers as well.

Yeah, all the quotes of all our champions could fill a whole minute to repeat. From rally, to F1, silence.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 02:37 AM   #30
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

+1
Better than few who speaks the entire chapter of their racing story on a press/media.

One of the guy I know introduced me to few Japanese. The guy name was Kimi, and a girls name was Mika. I sh1t you not.

Quote:
Yeah, all the quotes of all our champions could fill a whole minute to repeat. From rally, to F1, silence.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 02:45 AM   #31
Lups
Rep

Quote:
+1
Better than few who speaks the entire chapter of their racing story on a press/media.

One of the guy I know introduced me to few Japanese. The guy name was Kimi, and a girls name was Mika. I sh1t you not.
Haha, you can see Finnish names everywhere in in racing, fans give the name to their kids, and push them to a track. Jarno is not a name used elsewhere as far as I know.

Yeah, we do cars, it's the roads back there, we fly.

I kid you not. When driving to our family funeral or something else, my 85 year old great uncle over took me in a tiny and tough road, going like a bat out of hell. I had the kids in the car, so I couldn't do more than 60, the hubby starts creaming at that point.

It still hurts, and I will not go to his funeral. No other of my family will hit my shitlist this hard ever. I won't risk it.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 02:56 AM   #32
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha, you can see Finnish names everywhere in in racing, fans give the name to their kids, and push them to a track. Jarno is not a name used elsewhere as far as I know.

Yeah, we do cars, it's the roads back there, we fly.

I kid you not. When driving to our family funeral or something else, my 85 year old great uncle over took me in a tiny and tough road, going like a bat out of hell. I had the kids in the car, so I couldn't do more than 60, the hubby starts creaming at that point.

It still hurts, and I will not go to his funeral. No other of my family will hit my shitlist this hard ever. I won't risk it.

I remember one of the video with Mika, and entire city/villege were participating on a race.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
I live in a pretty nice Suburb in Northern CA, and just recently everyone apparently took advantage of a Costco sale on trampolines for their brats. When I go outside to do anything, I hear a thousand kids screaming throughout the neighborhood while bouncing on their trampolines, all the while the neighborhood dogs that were once silent are now barking in unison at all the noise. Anyone else have this trampoline explosion make you want to re-locate to a cabin in the woods?
I think it is not just trampolines. Every darn new neighbor w/ kids move into our HOA, they make noises. 2 houses over had trampoline for their 1st year move. Next door bought a portable 15' swimming pool,and made huge noise on their first.

It got old real quick for them. They are much quieter now.

Ohyeah, summer break.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 03:01 AM   #33
Lups
Rep

Quote:
I remember one of the video with Mika, and entire city/villege were participating on a race.
There are like 7 Finns in the whole world, so probably yes.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #34
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Neighbor kids are now high enough bouncing to see over the fence when I walk out back to take a piss. I have to go shield behind a tree, instead of "watering" the whole lawn.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 03:56 PM   #35
128Convertibleguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2010 128 Covertible

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegetable View Post
I live in a pretty nice Suburb in Northern CA, and just recently everyone apparently took advantage of a Costco sale on trampolines for their brats. When I go outside to do anything, I hear a thousand kids screaming throughout the neighborhood while bouncing on their trampolines, all the while the neighborhood dogs that were once silent are now barking in unison at all the noise. Anyone else have this trampoline explosion make you want to re-locate to a cabin in the woods?
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
Here's it's dirt bikes and ATVs with no mufflers and neighbors shooting guns in their yards. All of which is legal in this free-for-all state. Patron State of Making Noise.
Quote:
I'm thirty one, and I have kids, dogs, and a life (debatable), but it's not my job to ruin everyone's day by making them ruin the neighborhood. It's called being an adult, and I for one take very seriously my job as a parent, as the one who raises the children. They can run around and make noise in a park, home yard is not the place, since people pay a lot to live here and have their peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
I used to be extra sensitive to noise. Now it's if you can't beat join em. F*** u all.
Here's the thing. What about the guy who, sitting in his living room, doesn't much care for motorcycles/cars going by with muffler/resonator deletes, performance exhausts, etc?

Everyone thinks _their_ noise is wonderful, a boon to mankind. "My buddies all like it." "My kids are wonderful, a joy to all." Or maybe, "F*** u all"?

While noise, in general, is a major threat to everyone's health.

http://bmb.oxfordjournals.org/content/68/1/243.full

Last edited by 128Convertibleguy; 05-27-2014 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #36
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Quote:
I don't know if I agree compeltely, I know a few Finnish men and most are very withdrawn but the few that are out going are way out there. But the ones I know cannot be considered normal as they are high paid athletes. Now the Finnish women they are a different story, they wont shut up! Maybe that line should be in the Let's fight thread?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 05:45 PM   #37
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
I don't know if I agree compeltely, I know a few Finnish men and most are very withdrawn but the few that are out going are way out there. But the ones I know cannot be considered normal as they are high paid athletes. Now the Finnish women they are a different story, they wont shut up! Maybe that line should be in the Let's fight thread?
So true, I'm not excluded from that. To the other thread, it's not my doing, I just pissed off the wrong mod.

actually, I'm a bit proud about that, he's too cool always.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #38
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Now the Finnish women they are a different story, they wont shut up!
Hi Lups.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2014, 06:11 PM   #39
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Hi Lups.
Yeah, no denying that one. No point even trying.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 01:33 AM   #40
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
I don't know what's worse, laughing kids that tend to have a bedtime and give it a rest at night, or going from renting a small one-bedroom apartment in Diamond Bar (semi-upscale area) where it was so silent, even dogs barking was a rarity... Then moving out to Baldwin Park (working-class Hispanic area) because your [now ex] girlfriend is a FOB that refuses to stray far from areas with a heavy Asian population, scared of freeways and wanted somewhere closer to her work (plus your landlord wanted $200 more to move your girlfriend in anyway), and despite my warnings and pleadings and I didn't mind paying more, but my ex thought this place was "cheap" and "had good amenities"...

... But the neighbor on your right is trying to get into a band and practices all day; they can actually play in tune and their stuff is not bad, but it's pretty loud, and occasionally throws a party out of their garage on the weekends with loud Mexican music until 11PM. The neighbors to your left not only PLAYS music daily, they have a karaoke machine and SINGS Mexican music semi off-key every 2-3 days. Also, July 4th is a little over a month away, and people are already starting to play with fireworks. The reason the rent is so cheap is because the landlord is still working on the house, so him and his crew comes in once in a while to finish it up, so there's the noises from power tools, and sawdust that goes all over your black E90... Oh and with Hispanic workers, their music that features the same rhythm of accordions, guitars and brass instruments, just different lyrics. I don't mean this paragraph disrespectfully and I like Cumbia and Rock En Espaņol, but not Duranguense, Norteņo and all that.

But... We split up about 10 days ago after her bad habits started to surface (too damn lazy, stopped cooking, never cleans, never has time for date night, goes out with HER friends and never invites me)... As much as I'd like to move now, I had a job that was cheating my pay and I quit, but I'm still waiting for my final pay + the money they shorted me on (and I had to wave a State Labor Board claim form in their face to get it). I can afford to keep my bills under control, but not enough to get a deposit, rent or get my hands on a truck and go right this minute, but once I get situated in my new job (which could take a month), perhaps.

So you want to talk about giggling kids and trampolines? J/K
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2014, 02:15 AM   #41
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
I don't know what's worse, laughing kids that tend to have a bedtime and give it a rest at night, or going from renting a small one-bedroom apartment in Diamond Bar (semi-upscale area) where it was so silent, even dogs barking was a rarity... Then moving out to Baldwin Park (working-class Hispanic area) because your [now ex] girlfriend is a FOB that refuses to stray far from areas with a heavy Asian population, scared of freeways and wanted somewhere closer to her work (plus your landlord wanted $200 more to move your girlfriend in anyway), and despite my warnings and pleadings and I didn't mind paying more, but my ex thought this place was "cheap" and "had good amenities"...

... But the neighbor on your right is trying to get into a band and practices all day; they can actually play in tune and their stuff is not bad, but it's pretty loud, and occasionally throws a party out of their garage on the weekends with loud Mexican music until 11PM. The neighbors to your left not only PLAYS music daily, they have a karaoke machine and SINGS Mexican music semi off-key every 2-3 days. Also, July 4th is a little over a month away, and people are already starting to play with fireworks. The reason the rent is so cheap is because the landlord is still working on the house, so him and his crew comes in once in a while to finish it up, so there's the noises from power tools, and sawdust that goes all over your black E90... Oh and with Hispanic workers, their music that features the same rhythm of accordions, guitars and brass instruments, just different lyrics. I don't mean this paragraph disrespectfully and I like Cumbia and Rock En Espaņol, but not Duranguense, Norteņo and all that.

But... We split up about 10 days ago after her bad habits started to surface (too damn lazy, stopped cooking, never cleans, never has time for date night, goes out with HER friends and never invites me)... As much as I'd like to move now, I had a job that was cheating my pay and I quit, but I'm still waiting for my final pay + the money they shorted me on (and I had to wave a State Labor Board claim form in their face to get it). I can afford to keep my bills under control, but not enough to get a deposit, rent or get my hands on a truck and go right this minute, but once I get situated in my new job (which could take a month), perhaps.

So you want to talk about giggling kids and trampolines? J/K
When you get out of there, could you buy an F8x? Just please, your kind of ranting is needed on that segment of the forum, and you read sir, have style.

I'm sorry for you, and for not commenting on anything else than that, but hell yes, you have style.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #42
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
When you get out of there, could you buy an F8x? Just please, your kind of ranting is needed on that segment of the forum, and you read sir, have style.

I'm sorry for you, and for not commenting on anything else than that, but hell yes, you have style.
F8X... Forgive my ignorance, but after a quick Google, are you talking about buying an F82 M4 / F80 M3 to alleviate my stress and give my 2 cents as a part-time writer, or the helicopter type thing to see what 'Da Hood is like?
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 12:31 AM   #43
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
F8X... Forgive my ignorance, but after a quick Google, are you talking about buying an F82 M4 / F80 M3 to alleviate my stress and give my 2 cents as a part-time writer, or the helicopter type thing to see what 'Da Hood is like?
Yes, the M's, and that was my way of saying, that you are a writer indeed. It's always a joy to read well written rant, even while feeling sorry to the writer.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 01:54 AM   #44
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Jeez... The only way to defend my ignorance is that the model names sure jump quick!

Let me get this straight: The E3 comes out in the late 60s, my first time in a BMW was an E21 when I was 6 or 7 in the early 90s, the last E nomenclatured car was E9X in 2013 (so a 45 year run), the nomenclature jumps to F with the F01 around 2008... Then 6 short years later now we're at F80??
Appreciate 0