E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > My wife earns more than I do

05-22-2014, 12:40 PM   #89
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

$140K in Houston tastes delicious.....

no so much in San Diego.....
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 01:10 PM   #90
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Without reading any other posts here, honestly, I'd feel perfectly fine and very supportive!
I mean why not??? Your wife, the woman you chose to spend your life with happens to be smart, hard working and compensated justly for it.

My wife has out earned me on occasion (over 13yrs) and that's awesome!

Carry on and be happy she's with you and she can carry her weight. It takes 2.
Thats exactly what i'm thinking.

I get confused so many times with the way people are. I feel like people get married for the wrong reasons.

If this is a Woman that you love and plan on spending the rest of your life with her, why should it matter?

If your ego is hurt, then i say man up! My self esteem is very high and i'm confident in myself. I dont measure my self with only money.
      05-22-2014, 01:14 PM   #91
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Thats exactly what i'm thinking.

I get confused so many times with the way people are. I feel like people get married for the wrong reasons.

If this is a Woman that you love and plan on spending the rest of your life with her, why should it matter?

If your ego is hurt, then i say man up! My self esteem is very high and i'm confident in myself. I dont measure my self with only money.
Your wife is one lucky gall, and I salute you.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 01:31 PM   #92
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Thank you, I'm not married yet however.
      05-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #93
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #94
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post

Haha, I'm too tired today, I can't even read. Sorry.

Doc, lol

TXSTYLE was supposed to get that comment, but oh well not my first fuckup.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #95
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan View Post
Lower middle class?? Where do you live?

I feel bad for all the families making 70K a year. I guess they must be living on welfare and eating mayonnaise sandwiches.
That's what the Mets ate when they squandered all their money away to Madoff
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 02:04 PM   #96
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

I know of only one case where a spouse making considerably more eventually led to a divorce (she was making $300K a year at barely 30 years old, he ended up quitting his job and taking care of the household). Sad story.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #97
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I know of only one case where a spouse making considerably more eventually led to a divorce (she was making $300K a year at barely 30 years old, he ended up quitting his job and taking care of the household). Sad story.
If you are divorced, I hear that Lups is single...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 02:08 PM   #98
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
explains the positive attitude towards women..
i know.. no one has been banned for mysogny on a car forum, right?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 02:12 PM   #99
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
Ha! I wasn't referring to myself in this story...
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 02:26 PM   #100
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Haha, I'm too tired today, I can't even read. Sorry.

Doc, lol

TXSTYLE was supposed to get that comment.
Thanks!
      05-22-2014, 02:40 PM   #101
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
explains the positive attitude towards women..
i know.. no one has been banned for mysogny on a car forum, right?
I've seen both sexes acting like idiots because of money, and best way to ensure a life time of unhappiness is going for the once who want your money. One of my best friends is finally seeing the light and getting a divorce, and I could not be happier for him.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #102
Lups
Rep

Quote:
LOL! But baby, I'm only hitting on you, it's the red suit that sets me off to pursue you!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 03:08 PM   #103
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I've seen both sexes acting like idiots because of money, and best way to ensure a life time of unhappiness is going for the once who want your money. One of my best friends is finally seeing the light and getting a divorce, and I could not be happier for him.
This thread is becoming like the "why do people get married" thread. lol

Here is my take on life & relationship. (please anyone feel free to correct me)

If your life isn't going so well, you are more vulnerable to be in a relationship. Meaning, if you're single and things aren't going well, your grades are poor, you lost a parent, both or one of your parent is a drug/alcohol addict, you're in debt caused by your irresponsibility, stressful or low paying job, poor health or health issues... these factors makes one want be in a relationship. It puts you at a sad state in life and makes people seek for happiness externally.

However, if you're single and your life is going well (not necessarily the ultimate life) but if your life is enjoyable, good paying job, good health, good family, no major life concerns for now or the future then you are more likely not to be in a relationship.

Being in a relationship brings you and your S.O's standard of life to an equilibrium. Meaning, if a Man's life style is awesome 10/10, and a Woman's lifestyle is shitty 2/10. If This man decides to date this Woman, after a few years of dating/marriage, both of their lifestyle will be 5/5, they have now equalized. The man lost a lot of the things he enjoyed and the Woman gained so much. (also vice versa)

I'm not a relationship expert but this is the part that makes me be very picky about choosing a girl. I have to be completely in love with her before i'm willing to sacrifice my life style if have to.

... and of course my above philosophy isn't 100% true, but it is for most cases.
      05-22-2014, 03:15 PM   #104
Lups
Rep

Quote:

If your life isn't going so well, you are more vulnerable to be in a relationship. Meaning, if you're single and things aren't going well, your grades are poor, you lost a parent, both or one of your parent is a drug/alcohol addict, you're in debt caused by your irresponsibility, stressful or low paying job, poor health or health issues... these factors makes one want be in a relationship. It puts you at a sad state in life and makes people seek for happiness externally.

However, if you're single and your life is going well (not necessarily the ultimate life) but if your life is enjoyable, good paying job, good health, good family, no major life concerns for now or the future then you are more likely not to be in a relationship.

Being in a relationship brings you and your S.O's standard of life to an equilibrium. Meaning, if a Man's life style is awesome 10/10, and a Woman's lifestyle is shitty 2/10. If This man decides to date this Woman, after a few years of dating/marriage, both of their lifestyle will be 5/5, they have now equalized. The man lost a lot of the things he enjoyed and the Woman gained so much. (also vice versa)

I'm not a relationship expert but this is the part that makes me be very picky about choosing a girl. I have to be completely in love with her before i'm willing to sacrifice my life style if have to.

... and of course my above philosophy isn't 100% true, but it is for most cases.
All that is sadly true. I would like to ad the age old thing, be happy with yourself, even in a relationship, since that carries us trough life, the spouse well chosen will only add happiness, if a person is capable of feeling it by themselves already.

And to the perv number one reading this, no I was not talking about masturbation, but feel free to enjoy that too.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 03:17 PM   #105
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
All that is sadly true. I would like to ad the age old thing, be happy with yourself, even in a relationship, since that carries us trough life, the spouse well chosen will only add happiness, if a person is capable of feeling it by themselves already.

And to the perv number one reading this, no I was not talking about masturbation, but feel free to enjoy that too.
      05-22-2014, 03:23 PM   #106
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

tl;dr: I agree with some parts but not everything lol

I agree with the second part of your comment, that couples tend to equalize and find a middle-ground that suits them and their lives.

But I do not agree with the first parts of your statement. To me - and maybe I am misreading your post - it sounds like a relationship is a negative concept to you: " If your life isn't going so well, you are more vulnerable to be in a relationship" and " no major life concerns for now or the future then you are more likely not to be in a relationship."

My take on relationships are quite the opposite, in fact. I think that an inherent part of our nature is to be in a relationship and seek companionship/belonging/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. We, as animals, are able to evaluate potential mates as either a good candidate or a bad candidate. If your on drugs, homeless or otherwise on a bad path that makes you a poor candidate and less likely to be desired as a mate. On the otherhand the hardworking, happy, healthy, fit person would be seen as a good candidate and someone who could take care of the babies (and carry on the family).

If you are depressed, on drugs, unhealthy or stuck in a dead-end low paying job you are most certainly not looking to find a partner. I DO however agree with your statement that this is when people would seek external happiness. But that will be in the form of booze, drugs or some other form of self-medication to take away from the stresses of their reality. The healthy, happy person with their $#i+ together understands the value of families, children, etc and will be in a place financially, mentally and emotionally to seek that out.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #107
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

I agree with the second part of your comment, that couples tend to equalize and find a middle-ground that suits them and their lives.

But I do not agree with the first parts of your statement. To me - and maybe I am misreading your post - it sounds like a relationship is a negative concept to you: " If your life isn't going so well, you are more vulnerable to be in a relationship" and " no major life concerns for now or the future then you are more likely not to be in a relationship."

My take on relationships are quite the opposite, in fact. I think that an inherent part of our nature is to be in a relationship and seek companionship/belonging/whatever-you-want-to-call-it. We, as animals, are able to evaluate potential mates as either a good candidate or a bad candidate. If your on drugs, homeless or otherwise on a bad path that makes you a poor candidate and less likely to be desired as a mate. On the otherhand the hardworking, happy, healthy, fit person would be seen as a good candidate and someone who could take care of the babies (and carry on the family).

If you are depressed, on drugs, unhealthy or stuck in a dead-end low paying job you are most certainly not looking to find a partner. I DO however agree with your statement that this is when people would seek external happiness. But that will be in the form of booze, drugs or some other form of self-medication to take away from the stresses of their reality. The healthy, happy person with their $#i+ together understands the value of families, children, etc and will be in a place financially, mentally and emotionally to seek that out.
+1

My single life was awesome. Money, cars, a house, all before I got married. I'm now married and have someone I care about so much to share all that with. That's all that really changed. Life is still awesome.
      05-22-2014, 03:28 PM   #108
Lups
Rep

Quote:

I agree with you even more. You are one stylish beast mr Red.

Love is so frigging difficult at times, but the rewards are huge.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 03:29 PM   #109
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

my take: just be yourself.

my wife didn't marry some soft ass dude that didn't know how to run a household...

she likes my brash attitude and overall unfiltered outlook on life...

the way I see it, she can stay if she wants or she can leave as she pleases - same with all of my friends...

I wouldn't have many if they were all offended by my attitude and sometimes aggressive personality...

I'm me - I don't change that for anyone...

wife married me knowing that and she has no ragrets about it either.....
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2014, 03:35 PM   #110
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:

wow, you're very true.

From your point of view, a person in a bad state of life will be seen as a bad candidate, whereas a person in a good state of life will be seen as a good candidate.
But my point of view comes from that person, not how they are seen.
Think of it this way, the person in a bad state of life, is more likely to go to an online dating site to search for a partner. They are very desperate to find a date, finding a partner is their #1 priority.
But the person in a good state of life, will never go to an online dating site, they couldnt care any less. finding a partner is #5 or #6 in their priorities.